TESTERS WANTED! ×

Spikeless?

dadivots

Was curious on what a consensus might be on Spikeless or not.

Thinking of trying some and the issue seems to be wear. 

Of course comfort and stability is the thing and from reviews that seems attainable, but parking lot to course and on concrete is where spikes wear out for the most part anyway. Just wondering what luck people might have had with Spikeless holding up to this kind of wear.

Thanks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i switched to spikeless a few years back, probably won't go back to spikes either.  Just find those kind of shoes more comfortable, and I've never had any issues with my feet slipping, even in wet conditions.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I play primarily in spikes, for no other reason than I always have.  I've played a few times without, when I'm OTR & don't have spikes along; it seems fine.  I often practice without spikes.  Unless it was a really wet day, not sure I generate the type of torque that might REQUIRE spikes.  I also wear spikeless FootJoys for work almost every day.  Built for walking and standing, look like dress shoes, and waterproof.  Can't beat 'em!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I have both spiked and spikeless True Linkswear.  Both are comfortable, but when I walk 18 I always go with spikeless.  They do wear pretty fast walking in the parking lot and cart paths, so I try to avoid that as much as possible.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have been using spikeless and enjoy the comfort offered. I use them in wet course conditions as well and find them acceptable, but I know some people prefer the spikes to get a little more grip when it wet. For dry conditions, spikeless all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I'm a spike guy myself, only because I haven't tried spikeless golf shoes yet.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I have to have the grip that you get with spikes otherwise I slip and fall

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've tried a lot of different spikeless shoes and my favorites by far are from Adidas, particularly their Gripmore soles.  Have yet to have any issues slipping, which always worries me because I play a lot early in the morning when there is fresh dew on the ground.  They've always performed exceptionally well.  When it comes to tournament round I always wear spikes, though, just to be 100% certain there aren't any footing issues.  Great thing about the spikless shoes, too, is you can wear them on and off the course and they look and feel great.  Not to mention the Boost technology is insanely comfortable.

I have a pair of Puma spikeless Biodrive. They are awesome. The only time I feel I lost any grip was on a dry tee box that had a lot of sand on it. Now you have to do some soul searching to decide if the loss of grip(which will be relative to your swing) is worth what some may say is an increase in comfort. I haven't owned my Puma's but for a month so can't speak to durability yet, I have a pair of True Linkswear I got for $30 that have lasted 10 months of daily wear(not golf course) which is about as long as any shoes last me. Good luck on your decision!

If you have the disposable income for disposable shoes the comfort and turf interaction of a fresh spikeless is undeniable. But in my experience, after a full season (typical walker), the turf interaction on a spikeless setup has deteriorated to the point you might as well be wearing regular sneakers. A fresh set of spikes is much cheaper than a fresh set of spikeless kicks. As others have mentioned, walking on concrete with spikeless nubs is akin to taking a grinding wheel to the soles.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I have a pair of Adidas Adicross SL shoes I bought to wear as everyday shoes.  I've never worn them on the course but they are my every day shoes so they see lots of hard pavement.  I've had them for a year and the only part of the spikes that are showing wear is the very last row on the heels.  I doubt that would have any effect on a golf swing.  I wouldn't be worrying too much about wear on the course walking on grass.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I haven't wore spikes in over five years are maybe longer. In fact I didn't know they made em these days as none of my friends wear spiked shoes...

They use to hurt my feet at certain pressure points and it took a couple of days to get over it.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have a pair of Adidas Adicross SL shoes I bought to wear as everyday shoes. I've never worn them on the course but they are my every day shoes so they see lots of hard pavement. I've had them for a year and the only part of the spikes that are showing wear is the very last row on the heels. I doubt that would have any effect on a golf swing. I wouldn't be worrying too much about wear on the course walking on grass.

I'll agree the soft rubber turf sole like your loafers wears well over time. But I've tried the Adidas, Ecco and FJ in that style and even brand new, none of them provide the stable platform or traction I'm looking for. And the firmer resin spikeless setups that actually keep me firmly planted dull quickly walking on anything but turf.

Do you ever game that soft style turf sole?

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I'm sure they are comfortable, but I can't see paying the price for shoes that will have worn out spikes in less than a season. You still have perfectly good shoes with no way to maintain them for the purpose they were meant for. I'd rather just use spikes. Just my .02.

I think the Nike Lunar Control Vapors are extremely comfortable although I think they are considered spikes.. too new to tell how long they will last!!

WITB: 

TM 2017 M1 440 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M1 15* 3 Wood w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M2 4 Rescue Hybrid w/ Aldila Rogue Black S

TM PSi Tours P - 3i (One too many clubs :D ) w/ DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM6 60,56,52 w/ DG Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

TM Spider Tour Red

Titleist 14 way bag  :)  :)

Budget Golf had a deal this past weekend for FJ spikeless for $30.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I use both, depends on the weather for me, if it is wet I go with spikes and if it is dry I go with spikeless. I have found with wetter courses I tend to get better traction and stability with spiked shoes. I do agree however with the comfortability of spikeless shoes.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I prefer spikeless. They tend to be more comfortable. I dig Ecco but not crazy about the styles the past 3 seasons or so. I don't usually have an issue with loosing traction but my tempo is usually smooth. I suppose that helps?

I'll agree the soft rubber turf sole like your loafers wears well over time. But I've tried the Adidas, Ecco and FJ in that style and even brand new, none of them provide the stable platform or traction I'm looking for. And the firmer resin spikeless setups that actually keep me firmly planted dull quickly walking on anything but turf.

Do you ever game that soft style turf sole?

I have a pair of the original Adicross that I've gamed a few times.  I've been wearing the FJ Hyperflex spiked shoe for the past season though and love them.

I'm a bad guy to judge grip on though, I play half my rounds in the summer in flip flops.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I don't wear either. I golf in trail running shoes :).  More comfort, less weight, better than average grip.   

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I don't wear either. I golf in trail running shoes :).  More comfort, less weight, better than average grip.   

There was a time a few years back that I was considering this idea. Wearing those metal spikes have always caused my feet to hurt and burn after a round.  I was soooooo glad when they came out with the nubs on the bottom. No burning post round now days.

Cleveland

I did that years ago before spikeless shoes came on the scene.  They are certainly comfy, but I tended to break out the sides.  I guess I needed more lateral support, but that was before my swing change.  They might work better now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There was a time a few years back that I was considering this idea. Wearing those metal spikes have always caused my feet to hurt and burn after a round.  I was soooooo glad when they came out with the nubs on the bottom. No burning post round now days.

We're still talking about your feet right?

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I wear Truelinks spikeless...won't go back now.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We're still talking about your feet right?

haha yup :D 

Cleveland

I don't wear either. I golf in trail running shoes :). More comfort, less weight, better than average grip.

Hate to admit it, but I have to agree with Dru ;-)

Some of my best rounds were played with tennis shoes and even Vans

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I'm spikeless all the way, but I also walk 75% of the time. I just picked up a pair of the Adidas Adipower Sport Boost 3 and they are oh so comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Archived