Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tour SNSR VS Superstroke

4Left

Hello Everyone,

I know this product has been in market for a while now, but it is new to me (and maybe to you) so I thought I would give you a quick run down of my experience so far.

A bit about me. I have a love hate relationship with putting as I am sure many of you do.

I love to spend time rolling putts on the practice green and carpet putt at home using a swing analyzer with a mirror as well. But all the practice doesn't seem to translate into the results I am looking for on the course.

So, every time I get in a bit of a slump, I never fire the putter, but I fire the grip. I have used Superstroke 1.0, 2.0, Flatso 1.0, Flatso 2.0, and even the square grip. So this time, I decided to fire Superstroke all together and look for something new.

That brought me to the Golf Pride Tour SNSR. I won't go through the specs etc but you can check out some member reviews here.

I landed on the Tour SNSR Straight 104cc for my Metal-X Milled 1. The 104cc felt a little bigger than a Superstroke 1.0 and not quite as big as a 2.0 but with the same non tapered design.

What I liked about it:

• Weight: it's 90g which is about the same weight as many of the Superstroke Countercore grips as I like a putter with a bit of heft to it.
  • Feel: It has a soft, tacky texture which along with the shape just feels right.
Here's what I loved about it though:

• The FEEDBACK: After using this grip, I started to wonder what the point of having a great milled putter designed to give feedback and feel if I am going to install a grip that all but mutes it at impact? The feel with this grip is fantastic. I really know when I have struck the ball well and when I haven't
  • The results: I played two rounds with this grip and averaged two putts less than with my last grip which was the Flatso 2.0 countercore. One round I made a few clutch putts to save par and make birdie. The other, I went through a 6 hole stretch where my first putt misses were all lip-outs.
The only thing I wish Golfpride would look into is the colour options. They all include neon green in the butt end and in the graphics and I am not a huge fan of the primary blue and red either. I would love a boring black and white option.

But if this is the only fault I can find, I think I have found my grip...for now ;)

If you are looking to make a change in your putting set-up, give the Tour SNSR a look.

20170321_122626.jpg

Nice post.

I can almost see myself giving one of the SNSR grips a try. I've used a SS grip for many years. I think my current model is a 2.0 slim. I'm intrigued by the contour style somewhat. Like you 4left I'm not a big fan of the colors.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great write up. I've been looking at these for a while, but I'm very anal about looks. I wish they'd make a black/white one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I have the 140 CC blue on my gamer - love it to death.  I don't know how they were able to make it firm and soft at the same time, but it's a great grip. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have the 140 CC blue on my gamer - love it to death. I don't know how they were able to make it firm and soft at the same time, but it's a great grip.

Right?! Not mushy like some of the Winn grips but not concrete like some of the Lamkin grips

I've had both. Right now I have the SNSR 140cc on my CURE and Spider putter. I'm debating on going back to a superstroke Pistol with the countercore. I like the overall feel of the SNSR, but think I just prefer the superstroke. 

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

When I acquired a SC Kombi last Fall from my Pro Shop, they put the 140cc blue grip on. Although I have not used it a lot, when I do, I really like the feel and feedback. I dont use it that often as, shortly after the acquisition, I was given the opportunity to test the EVNROLL E6 which has a Winn grip on it.

The Kombi is second from the left....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When I acquired a SC Kombi last Fall from my Pro Shop, they put the 140cc blue grip on. Although I have not used it a lot, when I do, I really like the feel and feedback. I dont use it that often as, shortly after the acquisition, I was given the opportunity to test the EVNROLL E6 which has a Winn grip on it.

attachicon.gifIMG_0058.JPG

Shout-out to the Nike Drone 1.0. Great club, underrated due to its appearance in my opinion. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I use a S.S. Fatso 5.0.

Ive tried the 140cc SNSR, loved the feel which reminded me of the old Ping paddle. But I just found it to put my wrists in a cocked position with my putting style & had trouble with right & left misses on putts.

Nice looking stable Foz!

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Nice looking stable Foz!

There's a couple thousand bucks worth of putters...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

The feel of the SNSR is soooo nice, but the neon almost kills it. If I ever got one, prolly have to take a black magic Marker to the neon. Super stroke made some tuxedo grips with just the logo on a solid color and they were awesome. I know the graphics are part of the advertising, you can see them 150 yards away, but simpler is better in putter grips for me.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Have the contoured version and prefer it over SS 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Have the contoured version and prefer it over SS

What SS grip did you play? Flatso?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Awesome collection! Jealous of the Evnroll

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The feel of the SNSR is soooo nice, but the neon almost kills it. If I ever got one, prolly have to take a black magic Marker to the neon. Super stroke made some tuxedo grips with just the logo on a solid color and they were awesome. I know the graphics are part of the advertising, you can see them 150 yards away, but simpler is better in putter grips for me.

I tried this with a red and black sensr grip, it did not work somehow the sharpie did not get absorbed and just sat on the surface.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Almost thought there was a B60 in there too.

Nice collection foz.

I tried this with a red and black sensr grip, it did not work somehow the sharpie did not get absorbed and just sat on the surface.

Sneaky rubber chemists

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I am interested in looking at some of the pistol grips, similar to the ones on the new Ping Vault Putters. I saw how well the mallet versions performed in most wanted testing, and there was a comment from MGS that many testers preferred the grip on those to the Sigma G. 

I think the pistol would allow you to wrap your hands around the club a little bit better. I have a flatso 2.0 right now and I feel like my hands get too mashed together

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the contoured SNSR (red) on both my Scotty, TM & SeeMore .. love the putter grip!  It just feels right in my hands & the feedback is incredible. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Archived