Our Sponsors

Hello Everyone,

I know this product has been in market for a while now, but it is new to me (and maybe to you) so I thought I would give you a quick run down of my experience so far.

A bit about me. I have a love hate relationship with putting as I am sure many of you do.

I love to spend time rolling putts on the practice green and carpet putt at home using a swing analyzer with a mirror as well. But all the practice doesn't seem to translate into the results I am looking for on the course.

So, every time I get in a bit of a slump, I never fire the putter, but I fire the grip. I have used Superstroke 1.0, 2.0, Flatso 1.0, Flatso 2.0, and even the square grip. So this time, I decided to fire Superstroke all together and look for something new.

That brought me to the Golf Pride Tour SNSR. I won't go through the specs etc but you can check out some member reviews here.

I landed on the Tour SNSR Straight 104cc for my Metal-X Milled 1. The 104cc felt a little bigger than a Superstroke 1.0 and not quite as big as a 2.0 but with the same non tapered design.

What I liked about it:

• Weight: it's 90g which is about the same weight as many of the Superstroke Countercore grips as I like a putter with a bit of heft to it.
  • Feel: It has a soft, tacky texture which along with the shape just feels right.
Here's what I loved about it though:

• The FEEDBACK: After using this grip, I started to wonder what the point of having a great milled putter designed to give feedback and feel if I am going to install a grip that all but mutes it at impact? The feel with this grip is fantastic. I really know when I have struck the ball well and when I haven't
  • The results: I played two rounds with this grip and averaged two putts less than with my last grip which was the Flatso 2.0 countercore. One round I made a few clutch putts to save par and make birdie. The other, I went through a 6 hole stretch where my first putt misses were all lip-outs.
The only thing I wish Golfpride would look into is the colour options. They all include neon green in the butt end and in the graphics and I am not a huge fan of the primary blue and red either. I would love a boring black and white option.

But if this is the only fault I can find, I think I have found my grip...for now ;)

If you are looking to make a change in your putting set-up, give the Tour SNSR a look.

20170321_122626.jpg

• Like 4

Nice post.

I can almost see myself giving one of the SNSR grips a try. I've used a SS grip for many years. I think my current model is a 2.0 slim. I'm intrigued by the contour style somewhat. Like you 4left I'm not a big fan of the colors.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great write up. I've been looking at these for a while, but I'm very anal about looks. I wish they'd make a black/white one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I have the 140 CC blue on my gamer - love it to death.  I don't know how they were able to make it firm and soft at the same time, but it's a great grip. 

• Like 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have the 140 CC blue on my gamer - love it to death. I don't know how they were able to make it firm and soft at the same time, but it's a great grip.

Right?! Not mushy like some of the Winn grips but not concrete like some of the Lamkin grips
  • Like 1

I've had both. Right now I have the SNSR 140cc on my CURE and Spider putter. I'm debating on going back to a superstroke Pistol with the countercore. I like the overall feel of the SNSR, but think I just prefer the superstroke. 

• Like 2

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

When I acquired a SC Kombi last Fall from my Pro Shop, they put the 140cc blue grip on. Although I have not used it a lot, when I do, I really like the feel and feedback. I dont use it that often as, shortly after the acquisition, I was given the opportunity to test the EVNROLL E6 which has a Winn grip on it.

The Kombi is second from the left....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

When I acquired a SC Kombi last Fall from my Pro Shop, they put the 140cc blue grip on. Although I have not used it a lot, when I do, I really like the feel and feedback. I dont use it that often as, shortly after the acquisition, I was given the opportunity to test the EVNROLL E6 which has a Winn grip on it.

attachicon.gifIMG_0058.JPG

Shout-out to the Nike Drone 1.0. Great club, underrated due to its appearance in my opinion. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I use a S.S. Fatso 5.0.

Ive tried the 140cc SNSR, loved the feel which reminded me of the old Ping paddle. But I just found it to put my wrists in a cocked position with my putting style & had trouble with right & left misses on putts.

Nice looking stable Foz!

• Like 1

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Nice looking stable Foz!

There's a couple thousand bucks worth of putters...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

The feel of the SNSR is soooo nice, but the neon almost kills it. If I ever got one, prolly have to take a black magic Marker to the neon. Super stroke made some tuxedo grips with just the logo on a solid color and they were awesome. I know the graphics are part of the advertising, you can see them 150 yards away, but simpler is better in putter grips for me.

• Like 1
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Have you read the article on Edel's website about round putter grips? I have a SS right now, new putter regardless of what I get will have the Pure Edel round grip.

Have the contoured version and prefer it over SS 

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Have the contoured version and prefer it over SS

What SS grip did you play? Flatso?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Awesome collection! Jealous of the Evnroll

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The feel of the SNSR is soooo nice, but the neon almost kills it. If I ever got one, prolly have to take a black magic Marker to the neon. Super stroke made some tuxedo grips with just the logo on a solid color and they were awesome. I know the graphics are part of the advertising, you can see them 150 yards away, but simpler is better in putter grips for me.

I tried this with a red and black sensr grip, it did not work somehow the sharpie did not get absorbed and just sat on the surface.

• Like 1

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Almost thought there was a B60 in there too.

Nice collection foz.

I tried this with a red and black sensr grip, it did not work somehow the sharpie did not get absorbed and just sat on the surface.

Sneaky rubber chemists

• Like 1
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I am interested in looking at some of the pistol grips, similar to the ones on the new Ping Vault Putters. I saw how well the mallet versions performed in most wanted testing, and there was a comment from MGS that many testers preferred the grip on those to the Sigma G. 

I think the pistol would allow you to wrap your hands around the club a little bit better. I have a flatso 2.0 right now and I feel like my hands get too mashed together

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X