Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tiger At Firestone

dcmccobb

I'm sure a lot of us are glad to see that Tiger will be playing next week at Firestone. I am sure he must be working on his game, and the more he plays the better he should get. Let's see if he can get himself into contention.

Don McCobb

I know I want to see him play every week, but right now he has other things that are just a tad more important then golf. He will win soon don't worry. Once he gets that first win after all he's gone through this year(which he brought on himself I add) look out the flood gates will open once again..... and Tiger will dominate once again. All others have had their chance to take over this year and still (yet) no one has stepped up! Remember Phil you had your shot. LOL

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure a lot of us are glad to see that Tiger will be playing next week at Firestone. I am sure he must be working on his game, and the more he plays the better he should get. Let's see if he can get himself into contention.

Don McCobb

It's not looking so good for Mr Woods, +6 and it's only friday.

Titleist 909Dcomp 10.5º Aldila Voodoo svs6, 44" | Titleist 909F3 15º 18º | Ping Anser Forged, 3 - pw | Ping Tour W 54º 60º | SC Studio Select Newport 33" | Titleist ProV1x

It's amazing how bad he is playing.

Agreed, +11 now with Sunday still to play

Titleist 909Dcomp 10.5º Aldila Voodoo svs6, 44" | Titleist 909F3 15º 18º | Ping Anser Forged, 3 - pw | Ping Tour W 54º 60º | SC Studio Select Newport 33" | Titleist ProV1x

It's getting Crazy, maybe he needs to take some more time off?

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I think the driver he is using is not fitting for him and he needs to switch back to the scotty as well. Aside from that, his composure is lost before he ever steps on the course because his mistakes (personal ones) are haunting him with every question from every reporter. The guy needs Jesus.

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

I think the driver he is using is not fitting for him and he needs to switch back to the scotty as well. Aside from that, his composure is lost before he ever steps on the course because his mistakes (personal ones) are haunting him with every question from every reporter. The guy needs Jesus.

Be very careful using the J-word in today's climate. There is a sizeable minority who would find that to be "offensive," and demand you attend sensitivity training since you are probably a crazed lunatic suffering from racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, xenophobia, and countless other politically incorrect indoctrinations.

Having extended that friendly caveat, I agree that Tiger's problem is 95% mental. He needs some help beyond the pop psychology/psychobabble he probably received at some sex-addiction rehab. Hopefully, an influential member(s) on Team Tiger will put Tiger's well-being in front of their own financial concerns, and steer him in the right direction. Remember, he is also the father of two children and it would be in their best interest for Tiger to deal with and minimize the amount of personal baggage he has to carry around for the future.

I am not a Tiger fan, but wish no one ill will. I sincerely hope he makes it back for himself, his children, and the good of golf. God Bless him, with apologies to all those insulted by the G-word.

P.S. I already attended sensitivity training and as a result of failing the class, was urged to look elsewhere for employment.

Be very careful using the J-word in today's climate.

I will show no restraint. No disrespect to you, sir. There are certainly a lot of folks who would take great offense to someone telling them to 'be careful' about saying it. Not to be off topic, I just wanted to be clear. And now back to golf....

Phil certainly didn't want to take #1 today.

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

I will show no restraint. No disrespect to you, sir. There are certainly a lot of folks who would take great offense to someone telling them to 'be careful' about saying it. Not to be off topic, I just wanted to be clear. And now back to golf....

Phil certainly didn't want to take #1 today.

LOL...I guess you didn't get the sarcasm I had intended to display. I was attempting a little humor in my feedback and for that obviously miserable failure, I apologize.

I don't think he has a chance of playing well right now. Its obvious from looking at him that he is just does not have what it takes to hold it together for 4 rounds. He looks like a pressure cooker ready to pop, the slightest mistake sets him into TILT mode, and then he's even more pissed that he can't toss clubs and curse like he used to be able to get away with.

It looks to me like he dreads playing golf right now, I wonder if he'll ever find a way to enjoy the game again?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Even though he brought all this upon himself, and deserves whatever he's got coming to him, I just can't help having a bit of sympathy for him. Seems to me he's got no one close to him. All his "friends" have been exposed as yes men and enablers happy to hang around for the next party, but running for the exits when the heat is on. I haven't heard of a single person in his life that stood up and told him that what he was doing was wrong or cautioning him about the consequences of his behaviour. I hope I'm wrong and he's got some stand up people in his life, but I haven't heard anything that indicates they exist.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Be very careful using the J-word in today's climate. There is a sizeable minority who would find that to be "offensive," and demand you attend sensitivity training since you are probably a crazed lunatic suffering from racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, xenophobia, and countless other politically incorrect indoctrinations.

Having extended that friendly caveat, I agree that Tiger's problem is 95% mental. He needs some help beyond the pop psychology/psychobabble he probably received at some sex-addiction rehab. Hopefully, an influential member(s) on Team Tiger will put Tiger's well-being in front of their own financial concerns, and steer him in the right direction. Remember, he is also the father of two children and it would be in their best interest for Tiger to deal with and minimize the amount of personal baggage he has to carry around for the future.

I am not a Tiger fan, but wish no one ill will. I sincerely hope he makes it back for himself, his children, and the good of golf. God Bless him, with apologies to all those insulted by the G-word.

P.S. I already attended sensitivity training and as a result of failing the class, was urged to look elsewhere for employment.

:angry: :lol: :lol:

Best post in a very long time.

Shambles

Even though he brought all this upon himself, and deserves whatever he's got coming to him, I just can't help having a bit of sympathy for him. Seems to me he's got no one close to him. All his "friends" have been exposed as yes men and enablers happy to hang around for the next party, but running for the exits when the heat is on. I haven't heard of a single person in his life that stood up and told him that what he was doing was wrong or cautioning him about the consequences of his behaviour. I hope I'm wrong and he's got some stand up people in his life, but I haven't heard anything that indicates they exist.

this is a great post Tyk - i've be bashed for years for speaking the truth and telling people flat out what i thought rather than by patronizing them to what they wanted to hear. I've always said i dont care how you feel about something, rather whats the result.

Specific to golf -

student says: well that does feel right?

me: and how do you know what feels right?

someone said it once (homer i believe) feel comes thru proper mechanics, not the other way around.

Specific to my bodybuilding clients its a lot worse on the surface. if they looked terrible, i could not in my right mind tell them they looked good. for patronizing them it would only send a mixed signal, and they would continue in a vicious downward spiral because i validated the wrong thing.

its the same for golf swings actually.

but we are talking about mental actions here. tigereeno CHOSE to do what he did first, it was calculated and played out. then was validated by his friends, handlers, the media etc etc. he chose wrong obviously proven by the downward spiral.

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

We all need Jesus =)

wow! +18 for Mr. Woods, this isn't looking good, but hey! Grats to Hunter =)

It really shows us (well, me, anyway) how immature Tiger has been all along. He doesn't have the brains to think "no, I shouldn't cheat on my wife" or "I need to make my own decisions, not let others do it for me". It looks to me like he can't stand on his own... and at almost 35 years old, that's pretty pathetic.

I've always likened him to a bully- he can push his weight around, intimidate others, jump out of the gate quickly, throw more weight around and win a tournament. When the shoe's on the other foot (a rarity, to be sure, but it has happened) he melts. Maybe that's what he is: a "wilter"- if he isn't in the lead, he just wilts away. I believe it's because he isn't as mentally tough as we've been lead to believe; based on current events, it's probably more true than I think it is.

I'm not into God, or Jesus, or Allah, or any of that stuff. If you want to believe what you want to believe, that's cool with me- just don't push it on me. In my eyes, Tiger doesn't need God or Buddah, he needs to grow the hell up. He isn't a frat boy- he is (or was, depending on how everything shakes out) a husband and a father that happened to be a professional golfer. Shagging every girl you see might have been the "cool" thing in college (though increasing your chances of catching life time STDs doesn't seem that fun to me), but he isn't there anymore. Too bad it seems like it's a little too late.

I'm just holding on untill Rory McIlroy, Ryo Ishikawa and/or Rickie Fowler start winning majors. All the flash, but grounded enough by parents that loved them for being their kids, not their meal tickets. I truly hope I'm right about that last sentence...

When the shoe's on the other foot (a rarity, to be sure, but it has happened) he melts. Maybe that's what he is: a "wilter"- if he isn't in the lead, he just wilts away.

Its easy to talk about someone that is not currently performing and that seems to be at least partly true lately. But don't forget a couple GOOD finishes this year. No wins yet, but definitely has not "wilted" each time he hasn't been in the lead. Don't overlook his past finishes either. How many times has Tiger come from behind to win tourneys?? MANY!!!

All that said, he's definitely having problems and I hope he gets them worked out. He's too good to let things end the way they are currently going. I just hope he feels that way for the sake of golf history.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Archived