Our Sponsors

Photo

Dave's Take: The Cigar Minder Cigar Clip (Review)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 GolfSpy Dave

GolfSpy Dave

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 6,572 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:34 AM

While I have not tried this particular one yet, I am a fan of cigar 'clips' in general when it comes to golfing.

I am partial to the "Stage V Clinger" clip that I came across about 1.5 years ago. It uses magnets to attach itself and the only downside for it that I have come across is that the pushcart I use doesn't have a wide enough strip of metal anywhere on it to accommodate it. 

It does ship with a velcro strap for applications like that but I quickly lost that  :lol:

I may need to give this cigar minder a run! 

I actually made a cool cigar holder out of PVC and a rare earth magnet for the push cart.  It's all aluminum and thus no place for the magnet, no matter how strong :(

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

#17 K100Fran

K100Fran

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNoVA
  • Handicap:23

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

I like my clip, definitely better than balancing it on a tee box marker or bucket of sand. and it really sucks when you pull away in your cart and it goes rolling off the back. My only issue with it is the spring is a little strong for some of the larger ring gauges. You have to be careful removing the cigar so you don't damage the wrapper. I like the "giant roach clip" idea, going to try that next time.

#18 tommc23

tommc23

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

Good review and I have lost many of black ones which is my only complaint. I do need a new one and maybe a bright colored one will keep my dumb ass from losing it. A good starter cigar for me is an Acid Kuba Kuba because the sweet taste can get addicting.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#19 Rickp

Rickp

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Handicap:15

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

Stop Dropping Your Stick!
attachicon.gifCigar Minder - 1.jpg

How many times have you balanced your cigar on something when you go to take your shot, only to find it on the ground when you return? Or better yet, that it has burned some part of your cart, bag, putter grip, and etc. after it decided to go rogue while you were away.

I suppose it’s just another on course hazard if you are smoking a cigar, but it’s damn irritating. Plus, whenever the cigar hits the grass, I always think that I’ve now added some awesome fertilizer and deer pee to my smoking experience.

Anyway, I want to share with you something that I came across on Amazon after a failed DIY holder project. Who knew that a powerful neodymium magnet wouldn’t stick at all to my aluminum-framed Clicgear. That’s right, everyone but me...

So while poking around, I came across the Cigar Minder cigar clip. Price seemed right, and it didn’t need magnets to hold so I took a chance. Why not? I’ve spent less on bottles of fancy beer that ended up getting poured out.
attachicon.gifCigar Minder - 2.jpg

Serious Research Follows
Last weekend, I took the Cigar Minder to the course, fired up a stick, and did some research. Yep, golfing and smoking research. May have been a touch of drinking research there too. I am truly a review triple threat.

The Cigar Minder worked perfectly.

Seriously, the double-hinged design makes it easy to hold the cigar and also easy to hold onto the cart. I hooked it on both my pushcart and my friends riding cart. It clips just about anywhere, and stays on. I didn’t test it with full dickmode cart driving, so I don’t know if it will survive your 4x4 antics, but really, isn’t it time to grow up and be responsible?

attachicon.gifCigar Minder - 4.jpg
attachicon.gifCigar Minder - 3.jpg

The cart holding clip can open and hold the widest of bars, and the cigar holding clip can take reasonable to majestic ring sizes. Both holds are secure. Both clips are easy to open if you need to reposition on your cart, or remove the cigar for smoking.

Best part was, I never dropped the cigar on the ground, and I didn't accidentally set anything on fire. #lifegoals

attachicon.gifCigar Minder - 6.jpg

I actually found it a bit easier just to keep the cigar in the Cigar Minder and then remove the clip from the cart for smoking. Think giant roach clip. Maybe not the most attractive smoking method, but damn easy, and sometimes that’s all that matters.

So I’d summarize the Cigar Minder Experience in three takes:
· It’s cheap.
· It works.
· It improves the cigar while golfing experience.

Personally, I’d recommend going with one of the bright color choices. That will help prevent you from leaving it in the power cart, or smashing it when you fold your pushcart. If you do forget it, or break it, remember that it was inexpensive.

It’s not made of titanium, and you are a big, strong, yet sometimes clumsy beast. The Cigar Minder could go Blackhawk Down on you. Buy another and move on. You’ve got the funds.

attachicon.gifCigar Minder - 7.jpg

Here's the link to Amazon: LINK
Here's the link to the Cigar Minder site: LINK

Is there anything Amazon doesn't have!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Jul
    DutchSpy

In my Ogio silencer bag I stash the following clubs: Driver TM R11S/ Fujicura blur 45 gr , 3,5,7W TM Burner, Irons 5-sw TM Rbladez, Lob TM 60 rac, Putter Odussee Metal-x, balls Pinnacle Gold

• Photo
      17 Jul
    liv2golf

Anyone have the Srixon Z565 or Z765 driver in play? Thinking of moving to the Srixon from my Titleist and was wondering what everyone's opinion was.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors