Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

SST PURED Shafts- Benefit or Bunk?

cathat72

I recently bought a new driver and changed shafts in my hybrids and they were pured as part of the whole thing.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to get out of it. I figure it probably won't hurt anything.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

This is an interesting topic. I recently spoke with one of the founder of Club Champion - they're a big proponent of Puring. He gave some interesting rationale and showed me what they call the "Wiggle Stick" that demonstrations what Puring does.

I'll go over the notes and present his view on it. They do charge $30 per shaft for the service, which may explain part of their enthusiasm.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is an interesting topic. I recently spoke with one of the founder of Club Champion - they're a big proponent of Puring. He gave some interesting rationale and showed me what they call the "Wiggle Stick" that demonstrations what Puring does.

I'll go over the notes and present his view on it. They do charge $30 per shaft for the service, which may explain part of their enthusiasm.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Just like your dealership says you should replace certain things on your car every oil change.

I would never trust a company that is trying to sell me a service about something like that.

You have shaft companies that say it's pointless and that's who I'd trust

Archived