TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

To become a tester lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Credit for an honest post  :D

But there is so much more greatness to this site than just being selected as a tester.  The Blog pieces are not among the best, but usually the best pieces of golf journalism I read anywhere!!   The fantastic forum members provide a welcoming, friendly atmosphere without any hidden agendas.    

All that said, take the time to set up a profile, engage in conversation in different threads, and most likely a testing opportunity will probably come your way at some point!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

At first I joined to get pointers on how to improve my game!

I stay because I just love chatting about Golf with like minded people!!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Because I'm addicted to the game and what better way to share my addiction than with other fellow golfers. I was always a lurker and came here for reviews, so I figured I may as well be part of the community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Reason? Because golf is fun...I love everything about golf.  Playing the game an meeting new people, reading the latest reviews by the MGS staff and fellow spies, and learning about the game through my knowledged senior peers.  

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

As noted by my buds in another thread, Carolina, MDgolfhacker and I have been great friends and golfing buddies for, I'm guessing, at least 15 years or so.   We met as a result of local outings arranged on the old TGC discussion board.   Ever since, we have been able to find each other on multiple golf sites.  So the best way to answer is that I'm here because my buds are here.   That said, I, never the less, I am extremely grateful to have found and joined this site.  Of all the sites to which I have been exposed, this is the friendliest, the most honest, less hypocritical of any.  It is a genuine pleasure to be here.  As it was in other sites, my main desire is to make new friends and hopefully find a way to play golf with them.   I don't know if golf makes good people or if good people are attracted to golf, but my observation remains that on the course you will find and meet good people.

It started for me during a search for reviews of things like "the best clubs!".... I always ended up at GolfWRX.... as some of you might have as well.

There are a lot of people there that have a lot of opinions.  Some are very strong.  However, one thing I FOUND at wrx is that most everyone seems like an expert....and opinions are pretty biased.  That led me on a search to find more unbiased opinions... and then I found MGS.  

I'm a huge fan of Consumer Reports and their mission to provide unbiased, uninfluenced, truly independent test results.  Take that mission, add in all things golf and I was SOLD!

I do have to say however, that the blog and the forum are separate entities.  It would be nice if they were a bit more tightly coupled to encourage more people to join the forums.  I realize there is a link at the top of the page "FORUMS" but other than that, you don't realize there is a whole community of people out there ready for your questions/comments/concerns.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Came here after reading a review on the driver I was considering (still in my bag- review here: https://www.mygolfspy.com/cobra-fly-z-fly-z-plus-fly-z-xl-drivers/) Browsed the forum and enjoyed the friendly folks who frequent the site and have stayed because being a golf noob, it's nice to soak up as much info as possible. Like everyone else, I saw the reviews and figured what the hech, seems like a pretty cool place. 

Almost to my year anniversary of joining, which was the time I determined I was taking up golf seriously.

Based on the Cobra F7 sign-up thread, my guess is a lot of people's answer is

"to get free stuff"

Nothing like a Testing opportunity to bring out the first time posters.   Hopefully some will stick around and join the great conversation and other things that take place here.   I know most won't but if a few do, then that's pretty good!!

My wife and kids hate golf. I need someone to talk to about my addiction. Plus all of your are pretty darn knowledgeable. Hope to get the chance to play a round with some members!

Dang!! I just noticed that I was promoted to Spy Analyst!! I love promotions!!

Nothing like a Testing opportunity to bring out the first time posters.   Hopefully some will stick around and join the great conversation and other things that take place here.   I know most won't but if a few do, then that's pretty good!!

I'm quite sure that the opportunity to test equipment is a nice perk.  Personally, I don't have the computer skills required to do so appropriately and effectively.  I couldn't post a picture if my life depended on it and social media is just not part of my lifestyle.  I'm not on Facebook and I have never tweeted.  I am a digital dinosaur.   But as you noted, this site is much more than just the opportunity to test equipment.  I have made some cyber friends here and maybe, just maybe, someday we will be able to play a round of golf together.   Along with interesting and educational golf talk, that's the bottom line for me.   

I joined because I love golf.  This is the first and still only site to provide the information that is needed with out sponsors paying for ratings.  As the years have gone by this site has only gotten better and I am glad I joined.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I was a long time reader of the blog and would check it every week for the last several years. Last summer there was the Srixon fitting contest that I decided to throw my hat into which lead me to the forums section of the site which I hadn't yet discovered up to that point. After reading the forum posts for several months I liked the discussions that were happening and I thought it would be fun to jump in.

The guys I usually play with are more casual golfers so it's good to be a part of a forum with other golfers that like to talk everything golf.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

The quality of the writing and research are high. Instead of selling and egotistical hierarchy, MGS seems to be for common guy wanting to know more and get better. Friendly opinions and posts as well. Thanks

David Taylor

StealthPlus2 Driver and 3W

Paradym 5-A

Taylormade High Toe 54, 58

Ping Oslo putter

ProV1x

I joined because I enjoyed the reviews and size. If I have a busy day at work I can come back and catch up. Feels friendly and I've enjoyed the posting and discussions. Have found some familiar faces around too which has been nice!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

DATA. If I am looking for something to add to my bag, I like the unbiased reviews and especially the category testing. Being able to make a purchasing decision based on how equipment performs for golfers like ME is a beautiful thing.

And you guys are alright too lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I joined because I enjoyed what I saw from the outside looking in and thought it'd be great to be a part of it. First and only forum sight golf or not I've ever joined.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I came here back in 2012 or so - wife got me new irons for Christmas (that was 5 sets ago ) and I started researching and looking for reviews. Google basically led me here and 5 years later it's home.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

think i came here a couple years ago for a review opportunity (you know, free s***), means much more than that to me now, such a great golf community

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I was looking for stand bag comparisons and a google search brought me here. The forum seemed like a group of guys just chatting after a round, not 3000 people in a thread bashing each other. One of my first topics I posted was regarding Hogan's resurrection and whether Macgregor could do something similar. We had a real nice discussion about that. Made me want to chat more here.

It's funny how many people come for the "free stuff". I think most people don't realize how much work it is to review a product. I've done one review for MGS and had fun doing it, but it didn't feel like I was getting free stuff. It took time to thoroughly evaluate and write a proper review.

I haven't even applied to test again as I haven't felt like I've had time lately to properly test and write a review, but I'd like to give it a shot again in the future.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I was looking for stand bag comparisons and a google search brought me here. The forum seemed like a group of guys just chatting after a round, not 3000 people in a thread bashing each other. One of my first topics I posted was regarding Hogan's resurrection and whether Macgregor could do something similar. We had a real nice discussion about that. Made me want to chat more here.

It's funny how many people come for the "free stuff". I think most people don't realize how much work it is to review a product. I've done one review for MGS and had fun doing it, but it didn't feel like I was getting free stuff. It took time to thoroughly evaluate and write a proper review.

I haven't even applied to test again as I haven't felt like I've had time lately to properly test and write a review, but I'd like to give it a shot again in the future.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Great point on the testing.   Doing it right, which is the way every reviewer I've read here has done, takes a lot of work.  I know I put a lot of time and effort into the EVNROLL Putter review in November and December.   I enjoyed it but it took a big commitment both from the actual review and then the writing part. 

I didn't  enter a couple that were out there the past two months as January through March is my busiest time of the year, and I knew I wouldn't have the time needed to do it properly.

But I love the casual discussion among members here, nobody get all bent out of shape if someone disagrees, nobody acts like their word is gospel and everyone else is a lesser being and should bow to them.    

Just plain good people!!

I just wanted to say the responses thus far have been pretty darn solid evidence why those who are looking at MGS should step on board.  Masters week so time to hook up with the best!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Good, unbiased info

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

<p>Driver:  Callaway Epic 9 deg, Graphite design shaft stiff</p><p>Fairway:  TM M1v17/p><p>Irons:  Mission Hot Milled regular, 5 thru sw, TM Putter:  face</p><p>Ball:  Titelist Pro V1 or chrome soft X