Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

For me I saw posts on Twitter by MSG, and gave them the usual glance. Then one day I actually took the time to read the post (review) and automatically was drawn in. Then when I introduced myself, I was greeted with friendly, warm, and kind people. I like being apart of a community like that.

planet earth

Folks like you are what makes a golf community like MGS shine!  No doubt once a person  joins in with the discussion and becomes active in all aspects, the experience becomes real and golfers become hooked.   Hooked in a good way!  Unfortunately there are places where your voice only counts if you're in the "cool kids" club.  Not here, that shat don't fly. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Folks like you are what makes a golf community like MGS shine! No doubt once a person joins in with the discussion and becomes active in all aspects, the experience becomes real and golfers become hooked. Hooked in a good way! Unfortunately there are places where your voice only counts if you're in the "cool kids" club. Not here, that shat don't fly.

I also feel I could play a round with anyone in the community and never feel pressured or embarrassed.

planet earth

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I also feel I could play a round with anyone in the community and never feel pressured or embarrassed.

planet earth

Bingo!   Maybe just one of these days we can have a gathering in a centralized location where Spy's can cover the course!

Cleveland

I joined for all the tips, tricks and fun. I just got into golf a few years ago since I had been working grounds at a local country club. After looking at a bunch of reviews and articles all over, I kept getting roped back into this site/forum. From then, I was convinced that this was something I wanted to be a part of so I made an account. The rest is kinda history and I've enjoyed every second of my time as a member.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I joined because it seemed like the best source of unbiased reviews on info on the web.  It also seems like a very friendly community so for me at least, a perfect storm for a forum I would want to join.

Keep on keeping on buddy and you will grow in this community  ;) 

Cleveland

mostly because of revkev's forum posts and dave's blog posts..

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

• SPY VIP

mostly because of revkev's forum posts and dave's blog posts..

Hopefully those were positive motivators.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I joined because I wanted a place to talk about golf amongst some fellow golfers. Seemed like a place where not conforming to what everyone else says doesn't get bashed, and I appreciate that.

The fescue thread says it all in my opinion. Some side with Na, some with Rory, no one gets flamed for either. Healthy discussion makes me happy while I'm working.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I joined because I wanted a place to talk about golf amongst some fellow golfers. Seemed like a place where not conforming to what everyone else says doesn't get bashed, and I appreciate that.

The fescue thread says it all in my opinion. Some side with Na, some with Rory, no one gets flamed for either. Healthy discussion makes me happy while I'm working.

You mean there are actually sites that bully folks for not complying with their thoughts!   :blink: 

Cleveland

Bingo! Maybe just one of these days we can have a gathering in a centralized location where Spy's can cover the course!

An all spy tourney. Sounds great.

planet earth

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

An all spy tourney. Sounds great.

planet earth

I'm talking about a rather LARGE middle of the country & easy access type of gig.  It can happen and I'm all in for helping to organize this type opportunity. 

Cleveland

Be cool to get some big name sponsors to help as well.

planet earth

You mean there are actually sites that bully folks for not complying with their thoughts! :blink:

Shut your mouth..oh wait, they already did that for ya

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Was looking for Info on the ​Ksig ​ balls and found this site's comparison to the Pro V1. Spent 2 days reading different articles, Found the Forums and  decided to Join... I have not been disappointed. Everyone here has been so friendly, such good sports, and free with information.. Thank You all..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Lets-talk-golf.jpg

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

LOT'S of new folks hopping on board!   Plenty of good reasons to lay your hat down and I'm betting you will not regret joining this great community... 

Cleveland

I joined so I could post into "Dave's New Brew Thursday" ;)

Ha, kidding. I joined before he started it. But I do like beer :)

But seriously, I'm not usually a "joiner". Only signed up on Facebook to register for my high school 40th reunion (yes: forty .. and that was a few years ago...). Don't use it much at all now. Only more recently started looking at Twitter - and limiting that to just the original posts from a few golf-related entities, and only occasionally looking in. Don't Insta nor Snap nor Vine nor any of that stuff.

And didn't really participate in any golf forums ("fora"? Is that the proper plural?); had briefly looked at The Sand Trap as my one golf buddy was on there, but don't use that anymore.

When I'd started searching for equipment reviews - like others - found MGS but more importantly the "member review" section. Ah HA! This was *exactly* what I was looking for - real person / man in the street description of how they play and their subjective impressions of what they thought about the club and if it did or did not work for them.

Sooooo much more meaningful than a colored badge or a number of stars.

Yeah, there are other sites doing similar things but usually just all technical and no insight into if it may or may be for me; another had some ok reviews but it seemed, well, a bit "clique-y".

Anyway, like someone else posted I cannot recall just when or why I actually registered in the forum, but yeah I'm glad I did. I've learned a lot about golf gear, and fittings (didn't really know what it was, and thought it was just for pros) and some good playing tips, too!

And over time .. as you can see by this post! .. I've become a lot more conversational (ok: chatty). Even feel like I've gained a few (virtual, for now, hope to amend that in the future) friends along the way. KennyB said it all: "..people I'd like to play a round with and then have a few rounds with."

Golf has become my main recreation and it's fun to chat about things like "How'd You Play Today?" and "What/How Did You Practice Today?".

As far as the equipment reviews - honestly I did not know either that anyone could participate .. only sometime later after joining did I start to see the sign-ups. I felt fortunate to be chosen last season for a hybrid review - and I'd only put my name in as I'd been actively looking for and demoing different hybrids. Ended up it was not right for me .. and I explained so in my review .. but I actually enjoyed doing the review, and the opportunity to test helped me learn a bit more about hybrids.

I've also contributed a few of my own "Unofficial" reviews, and hopefully at least one person out there somewhere (eg. a non-MGS member) found the info helpful.

So... Anyone who wants to find out more about me and about the MLA Tour XDream putter .. please check in to that Forum Member Review thread coming up soon!

Oh, and the other reason for joining and participating in the MGS forums? Ole Gray cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

... I was active on WRX for a few years but got tired of getting flamed on just about any post or reading posts that turned negative too often...

I've only been on this forum for a few days but I've had the same experience about others. As someone said, once, "I'm not prone to argue."

So tell us,,,,, why did you join this fantastic golf forum!?

Cleveland

I had been on another forum for a long time, done some well received reviews and made some good friends, but the climate on the other forum shifted and it became more about "pay us to come to one of our events" instead of about the equipment which is why I ended up there in the first place...so I quit visiting that forum.

So Ole Gray on Facebook talking about MGS and decided to give it a try and I'm damn glad I did!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I joined so I could post into "Dave's New Brew Thursday" ;)

Ha, kidding. I joined before he started it. But I do like beer :)

But seriously, I'm not usually a "joiner". Only signed up on Facebook to register for my high school 40th reunion (yes: forty .. and that was a few years ago...). Don't use it much at all now. Only more recently started looking at Twitter - and limiting that to just the original posts from a few golf-related entities, and only occasionally looking in. Don't Insta nor Snap nor Vine nor any of that stuff.

And didn't really participate in any golf forums ("fora"? Is that the proper plural?); had briefly looked at The Sand Trap as my one golf buddy was on there, but don't use that anymore.

When I'd started searching for equipment reviews - like others - found MGS but more importantly the "member review" section. Ah HA! This was *exactly* what I was looking for - real person / man in the street description of how they play and their subjective impressions of what they thought about the club and if it did or did not work for them.

Sooooo much more meaningful than a colored badge or a number of stars.

Yeah, there are other sites doing similar things but usually just all technical and no insight into if it may or may be for me; another had some ok reviews but it seemed, well, a bit "clique-y".

Anyway, like someone else posted I cannot recall just when or why I actually registered in the forum, but yeah I'm glad I did. I've learned a lot about golf gear, and fittings (didn't really know what it was, and thought it was just for pros) and some good playing tips, too!

And over time .. as you can see by this post! .. I've become a lot more conversational (ok: chatty). Even feel like I've gained a few (virtual, for now, hope to amend that in the future) friends along the way. KennyB said it all: "..people I'd like to play a round with and then have a few rounds with."

Golf has become my main recreation and it's fun to chat about things like "How'd You Play Today?" and "What/How Did You Practice Today?".

As far as the equipment reviews - honestly I did not know either that anyone could participate .. only sometime later after joining did I start to see the sign-ups. I felt fortunate to be chosen last season for a hybrid review - and I'd only put my name in as I'd been actively looking for and demoing different hybrids. Ended up it was not right for me .. and I explained so in my review .. but I actually enjoyed doing the review, and the opportunity to test helped me learn a bit more about hybrids.

I've also contributed a few of my own "Unofficial" reviews, and hopefully at least one person out there somewhere (eg. a non-MGS member) found the info helpful.

So... Anyone who wants to find out more about me and about the MLA Tour XDream putter .. please check in to that Forum Member Review thread coming up soon!

Oh, and the other reason for joining and participating in the MGS forums? Ole Gray cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!

Surfdude. You're one of many truly good guys on here. I almost always get something of value out of your posts. Even if its just a laugh. I know that feel you mentioned of the previous place.

Not even close to that here.

I had been on another forum for a long time, done some well received reviews and made some good friends, but the climate on the other forum shifted and it became more about "pay us to come to one of our events" instead of about the equipment which is why I ended up there in the first place...so I quit visiting that forum.

So Ole Gray on Facebook talking about MGS and decided to give it a try and I'm damn glad I did!

TBT. Really glad your here sir!!

You're a great addition to MGS Tim and already you have shown how passionate you are by your contributions.   Glad you joined bruther!

Cleveland

I had been lurking all the forum sites for golf for awhile. Everyone here seemed to be nice and welcoming so I decided to hope on in and try and get to know everyone. My wife loves it because it gives me people to talk gold tech with and not bother her when I see something late at night on golf channel.

Although I am still "young" here I am having a blast. Thanks to all the "old timers" for their warm welcomes.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had been lurking all the forum sites for golf for awhile. Everyone here seemed to be nice and welcoming so I decided to hope on in and try and get to know everyone. My wife loves it because it gives me people to talk gold tech with and not bother her when I see something late at night on golf channel.

Although I am still "young" here I am having a blast. Thanks to all the "old timers" for their warm welcomes.

LOL!!  That's a great reaction from your wife.   She won't have to fake saying, "Gee, that sounds like a great club, how fascinating"     

But just wait until you arrange your first round with a fellow Spy, she'll say something like "You're going to drive 2 hours each way to play golf with some guys off the internet that you've never met.   Yeah, that's not going to end well."

Surfdude. You're one of many truly good guys on here. I almost always get something of value out of your posts. Even if its just a laugh. I know that feel you mentioned of the previous place.

Not even close to that here.

TBT. Really glad your here sir!!

Well.. THANK YOU, SIR!!

Very kind words, and I really am enjoying the interaction with all the other good guys here!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I believe I saw a link on Twitter one day. Might have been the KSig, but not 100% sure. Was around that time anyways. Went to the website and read a few articles. Poked around the forums and figured I should stay. Really enjoying it, and y'all seem to put up with me 😀

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I love  :wub: hearing from all the new folks why you chose to join us!   Soooooo without further ado, why did you settle for the best dayuuuummmmmmmmm golf forum on the planet?

Cleveland

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes it amazes me at how fast MGS is growing.  I suppose the awesome equipment reviews bring in the masses however once they join and actually become a part of the community, they see how impressive this golf forum really is. A great deal of information for you and like minded golfers  to enjoy discussions with.   Soooooo why did you join MGS?

Cleveland

I found MGS while researching used clubs to buy and was quickly sucked in by the data driven side of things. The information is presented in a straight forward, non marketing way that gives you an real idea of how the products might actually work for you. Every other site I found was either influenced by marketing or based mostly on opinion. Add to that the lack of big egos and generally friendly tone of the forum and you get a very comfortable, non threatening, source of information for the beginner and experienced golfer alike.