Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

On 3/27/2017 at 9:04 AM, MattF said:

Why? No bullshit, flaming and big ego's. It's that simple, just people who enjoy the game, are respectful of each other and have a good time.

I'm not so sure about the above, because I have seen it all on these forums. Some golfers are so full of themselves, their "golf ego" is bigger than they are. And then, there are the players that just enjoy the game...

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

I joined MSG because I was looking at reviews on DTC brands and fell in love with the content and conversation.

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

I first joined because of the MGS YouTube and podcast. I quickly found as a high handicap relatively newer golfer that my questions were met with authentic responses rather than the typical you suck at golf responses on other forums. This is a great place to learn and comment about golf for me. 

Callaway Mavrik irons, Ping woods

I've been thinking about it since 2018 and always wanted to visit bur always forgot. I keep hearing folks at work talk about mgs.  Definitely a great source of information, really my main source now 

Titleist Tsi3 10.5 Driver

Titliest Ts2 3 Wood

Titliest 714 Ap2 Projectx 6.0

I look forward to MGS learning about new golf equipment and all things related to golf by reading the many reviews from our forum member testing. Now that I’m retired, I’ll have more time to respond to forum questions, provide feedback, and maybe participate in new product testing if asked to. MGS is the only forum that I follow and have no reason to look elsewhere as this forum gives me everything and more than I expected. I often tell my fellow golfers about MGS and the feedback from them is also very positive. Thank you MGS for all that you do for us! 

Don Figgins

I joined MGS originally when I saw your articles on golf ball reviews and tests.  Then I saw an article on 2nd chance/cheap golf balls and how much effect they have on my game convinced me even more.  I was always buying the cheap/2nd chance golf balls not realizing how much it effected my game. I wasn’t breaking the 100 mark until I started buying a better quality ball. Now I’m purchasing Titliest,Taylormade or Vice balls and finally broke 90 last year.  I’m also looking to get a new set of clubs so reviews and tests on equipment are helpful in my decision on new clubs.

Robert Everhart

I joined over two years ago.  I had been on a site that didn't make it and found I without it there was a void in not only getting information but also offering my opinions on various topics.  I stumbled upon MGS and I found a place that had unbiased reviews, great threads to learn and comment on, and administrators that played an active role in engaging the members.  The members are respectful to one another.  I also like the fact that the skill level of our members is diverse.  Sure, there are many great single digit or better golfers that are active here.  However, there are as many with handicaps and games that I can better relate to.  That diversity is important to me.  

I love the staff and member reviews.  I've enjoyed being part of two in the last year or so.  I truly enjoy the virtual tournaments that have been running over the last year.  Both the annual as well as the two special event two person tournaments.  It gives me a chance to play against and partner with golfers all over the world.  

Finally, I think highly of the comments that our members make, and I enjoy when the threads, comments and opinions I offer are appreciated.  MyGolfSpy is part of my daily routine, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

On 5/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay I know it is late for me, but currently can't sleep so we are going to pump up some old threads because well we can!

Lots of new members here on the Forum and I would love to know what made you join the MGS forum?

For me, I would have to say that the biggest thing is being a part of an ever-active golf community. I love the instruction, information, and overall comradery that something like this brings. I love that for someone who is a desk warrior can still think of golf and be a part of something bigger. The calls are also a plus to "hang-out."

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I joined to be a part of the golf knowledge! The topics about ball testing, club styles- I love! I have always been so curious if the balls are actually worth the cost and are truly different. In my own way I want to give back & contribute!

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

The main reason I started following MyGolfSpy was for the equipment reviews. After reading a number of those, I wanted to signup as I figured it was a quicker way to find out what reviews were coming. Then seeing the potential to be a tester just added to my interest.  The forum has been fun to be a part of.

Typically a bogey golfer although I have improved some over the past few years due to playing more.

Driver: Ping G400

3W: Ping G410

Irons: Ping G430 5-U 

Wedge: Vokey SM8

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum 

I joined MSG for multiple reasons.  For one, questions can be ask and answers given without ridicule.  The atmosphere is great and it is things like MSG that is truly building the game of golf.  Another, are the unbiased reviews of equipment and accessories that are given by MSG forum members.  I feel they are more trustworthy than paid “professional reviewers.”  Then there is the added bonus of being given the opportunity to review products for the forum myself.  MSG is a definite win for the game of golf!

Enjoying the game 

I joined MyGolfSpy as a result of a horrible experience I had at another golf equipment site. I was a long time regular of the site, they were heavily sponsored by Callaway Golf. After I posted some negative comments about Callaway's product cycle the owner of the site contacted me through the sites private message system and pretty much told me my opinion was wrong about Callaway. I pushed back and we went back and forth via private messaging. After a period of time, about a week, I realized that the owner had some how deleted our conversation. When I questioned him about it in an open forum, he denied ever having a conversation with me. Everyone kind of piled on, he had a group of hardcore regulars that sided with him. Another member contacted me privately and told me same thing happened to him - at that point I realized the owner of the site was looking at certain members private messages. Callaway was a heavy sponsor of the site, they had a tournament each year and provided equipment and the marketing VP at Callaway at the time (Harry) was heavily involved with the site. It all seemed unethical to me, that we were not allowed to say something negative about Callaway, so I've never been back - not once.

I love MyGolfSpy - I think they have the best golf reviews in the industry  - the annual golf ball review is my favorite.

Edited by Cotton Combs

Like others, I was seeking unbiased information. I had started looking at multiple outlets for club and equipment reviews, and realized the articles and publication were nearly identical.  In many cases they were more marketing material than substance. Coming to MGS was refreshing and real as a source for information. I've learned a lot more about golf and equipment through the short time I've joined.  Thanks MGS staff.

Getting the truth about products

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

I don’t really have anyone around me that loves golf like I do. I’m an equipment junkies and I just love all aspects of the game. It’s nice to log in and see random threats about golf and to see that there are thousands of people just like me!

TaylorMade Stealth 10.5* Graphite design Tour_AD GP-6 Stiff :taylormade-small:

Titleist TSi2 15* Fairway wood Hazardous Smoke Black Stiff :titleist-small:

Titleist TSi2 18* Hybrid Hazardous Smoke Stiff :titleist-small:

Titleist TSi2 24* Hybrid Hazardous Smoke Stiff Titleist TSi2 21* :titleist-small:

Titleist T200 Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 5-PW :titleist-small:

Titleist SM 8 Wedges 50* 8 - 56* 14 - 60* 8 :titleist-small:

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport Putter :scotty-cameron-1:

Titleist Hybrid 14 Stand Bag :titleist-small:

I joined mostly because I’m a golf junky and love the ball testing. Kind of would like a bit more tour talk, but there is lots of other places to get that 

Driver- cobra F9, 3w- Adam’s TL, 19 H TM GAPR mid, 22 H titleist 910, 5-PW TM rocketbladz tour, 50, 56, 60 Cleveland RTX 3, Scotty special select Del Mar. 

I joined mainly to see the ball and club reviews, but have grown to appreciate many of the forums.  Unlike some other forums, I’ve found the MyGolfSpy forums to be very friendly in nature and full of fun, helpful exchanges.

Putter: Taylormade: Spider Tour

Irons: Callaway Apex 19: 5-P

Wedges:  Taylormade Mill Grind 3,: 48, 54, 60

Hybrids:  Cobra Baffler:  3 & 4

Fairway:  Callaway Epic 3 wood set to 15 degrees

Driver:  Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero, 10.5 degrees

I like to watching (reading) people talk about golf equipment.  There is so much out there and so little time to learn about it on my own.

JaKe the 3 Putt God

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Wedges:  Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 54,60; KBS Custom X Shafts

Irons: Titleist 714 AP1 AW-5

Hybrid:  Titleist 714 4 

Woods: Titleist 915F 3 Wood; Diamana x5ct 80g S

Driver:  PXG Gen 4 0811X 9; Ventus Black 6x

Ball:  Titleist AVX Yellow

Cause it’s cool 😎 

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 15 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 18 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball 

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Informative golf forum and opportunity to test products.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I joined because it is a place to keep up-to-date on golf equipment, courses, ideas and other golf topics.  I enjoy reading the review other members chosen to test give to learn about new equipment.  It is also a forum to learn what other fellow golfers have on their minds.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

Discuss ideas and topics in forums, chance to try new equipment, see evaluations of equipment by golfers just like you that you might be interested in.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather