TESTERS WANTED! ×

STROK Golf - Fan Founded Balls

The Dansome

I would never buy this ball when are golf ball mfg going to understand that golfers want a ball that they can get to the greens in regulation , we all have slow swing speeds most way under 85 you've made the ball completely wrong!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I swing way faster than 85mph

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

I would never buy this ball when are golf ball mfg going to understand that golfers want a ball that they can get to the greens in regulation , we all have slow swing speeds most way under 85 you've made the ball completely wrong!!

Just listen to Dean Snell and play a ball that feels good and works from the green back. Any of these will probably be good for you.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I am hoping MGS is going to be testing this ball. I know the (now slighty obselete) direct-to-consumer golf ball test from a few years was great reading for me when I became a member.

I hope these guys do well, golf is an industry that needs to change and be receptive to that change, if something like changing the packaging can impact the OEM's and alter their way of thinking, that's great. I love the spirit of these two guys and they have tons of enthusiasm.

However I echo the doubts of previous posters about this company, because they just don't seem to have any golf experience. I will buy snell balls because of Dean Snell. He is extremely knowledgeable, and I know that is a guy who has made the best ball he possibly can. Listen to him for 5 minutes and you will probably have the same thought.

I don't like how these guys have outsourced their R&D. How do you expect to do anything innovative or authentic to your own brand if your brand is created by a third-party doing your R&D. And this #fanfounded hashtag they are always using is basically saying, "give us your ideas, for free, and we will sell them back to you." If I give them my thought or idea I get the honour of buying it from them later on? I don't see lots of people being on board with that. Now if they are selling shares or sharing profits based on this fan founded hashtag, that might be something. But I doubt it....

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I am hoping MGS is going to be testing this ball. I know the (now slighty obselete) direct-to-consumer golf ball test from a few years was great reading for me when I became a member.

I hope these guys do well, golf is an industry that needs to change and be receptive to that change, if something like changing the packaging can impact the OEM's and alter their way of thinking, that's great. I love the spirit of these two guys and they have tons of enthusiasm.

However I echo the doubts of previous posters about this company, because they just don't seem to have any golf experience. I will buy snell balls because of Dean Snell. He is extremely knowledgeable, and I know that is a guy who has made the best ball he possibly can. Listen to him for 5 minutes and you will probably have the same thought.

I don't like how these guys have outsourced their R&D. How do you expect to do anything innovative or authentic to your own brand if your brand is created by a third-party doing your R&D. And this #fanfounded hashtag they are always using is basically saying, "give us your ideas, for free, and we will sell them back to you." If I give them my thought or idea I get the honour of buying it from them later on? I don't see lots of people being on board with that. Now if they are selling shares or sharing profits based on this fan founded hashtag, that might be something. But I doubt it....

Newballcoach

You are absolutely correct. Any person who contributes an idea should be compensated. We thought about what you are saying. And considered the following:

1. GE uses a royalty program to compensate inventors who wish to be compensated,

2. GE also has a program for those who act only out of goodwill and do not wish to be compensated,

3. Volition Beauty offers deep product discounts for contributors.

I'd like to hear the community's ideas on fair and reasonable compensation for an individual's or group's contribution.

These companies administer their respective crowd sourcing programs differently. One thing they have in common is, all the submissions are confidential. Doing so relinquishes the decision making to a small close nit group. The result is the same top down system we are currently operating within. At STROK we encourage people with ideas to come forward in open arenas. Golf Spy discussion boards, Facebook, twitter, instagram. We know we don't have the best ideas, and we are not sure we are that great at recognizing the best ideas. But, we have confidence in the crowd. The crowd can vet ideas in an open forum, the crowd can contribute improving on the idea collectively, the crowd can voice and show (see our kickstarter) support for products and innovations that create value for consumers.

I really like whats happening right now with our project. What we learned from the community is packaging adds no value and if possible you'd rather not pay for excessive packaging, 100M spent on endorsement deals does not save you STROK(s) and you'd rather not pay for that, but performance is important, and measurable improvements may be worth something, and their are a few names in the business with some weight.

What I'd love to see right here on this forum is a totally open sourced truly revolutionary product idea and design that is not the work on one person or even ten, I'd like it to be the collective work of 1000 or more. A product with real impact to my game, a product I'd support.

When it comes to balls I've heard that Dean Snell said we have gotten all the distance we are going to get, and that the only major leaps in balls are to be found in green side performance. Maybe he is right. But I'd sure like to know he is right because of hard science. Not because somebody in finance told someone in engineering the market for balls is $50 a dz. you design something that makes us the greatest margin that we can generate at that price point. I for one think it is strange that for 25 years the "best balls in golf" cost $50 a dozen. No one even tries to sell me a ball for twice that. Perhaps that's a great idea. Balls for the ultra wealthy. Are you wealthy enough to leave a $20.00 bill laying around, $50.00, $100.00. If you are I have the ball for you.

But I digress. We are committed to disrupting this market. Crowdsourcing is the most effective method for doing so. To that end, put you ideas for compensation out here for all to see let's get the conversation started.

But seriously, I like the idea of $200.00 10 packs of balls. If anyone else does let's talk about it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I swing way faster than 85mph

I am 60 years old and swing faster than 85 MPH  :D

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Newballcoach

You are absolutely correct. Any person who contributes an idea should be compensated. We thought about what you are saying. And considered the following:

1. GE uses a royalty program to compensate inventors who wish to be compensated,

2. GE also has a program for those who act only out of goodwill and do not wish to be compensated,

3. Volition Beauty offers deep product discounts for contributors.

I'd like to hear the community's ideas on fair and reasonable compensation for an individual's or group's contribution.

These companies administer their respective crowd sourcing programs differently. One thing they have in common is, all the submissions are confidential. Doing so relinquishes the decision making to a small close nit group. The result is the same top down system we are currently operating within. At STROK we encourage people with ideas to come forward in open arenas. Golf Spy discussion boards, Facebook, twitter, instagram. We know we don't have the best ideas, and we are not sure we are that great at recognizing the best ideas. But, we have confidence in the crowd. The crowd can vet ideas in an open forum, the crowd can contribute improving on the idea collectively, the crowd can voice and show (see our kickstarter) support for products and innovations that create value for consumers.

I really like whats happening right now with our project. What we learned from the community is packaging adds no value and if possible you'd rather not pay for excessive packaging, 100M spent on endorsement deals does not save you STROK(s) and you'd rather not pay for that, but performance is important, and measurable improvements may be worth something, and their are a few names in the business with some weight.

What I'd love to see right here on this forum is a totally open sourced truly revolutionary product idea and design that is not the work on one person or even ten, I'd like it to be the collective work of 1000 or more. A product with real impact to my game, a product I'd support.

When it comes to balls I've heard that Dean Snell said we have gotten all the distance we are going to get, and that the only major leaps in balls are to be found in green side performance. Maybe he is right. But I'd sure like to know he is right because of hard science. Not because somebody in finance told someone in engineering the market for balls is $50 a dz. you design something that makes us the greatest margin that we can generate at that price point. I for one think it is strange that for 25 years the "best balls in golf" cost $50 a dozen. No one even tries to sell me a ball for twice that. Perhaps that's a great idea. Balls for the ultra wealthy. Are you wealthy enough to leave a $20.00 bill laying around, $50.00, $100.00. If you are I have the ball for you.

But I digress. We are committed to disrupting this market. Crowdsourcing is the most effective method for doing so. To that end, put you ideas for compensation out here for all to see let's get the conversation started.

But seriously, I like the idea of $200.00 10 packs of balls. If anyone else does let's talk about it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I for one did not form my opinion of you guys expecting to be compensated in any way shape or form. Really I like your common sense business plan of research. 

IMHO from being in the golf business on and off all my life you have two types of golfers in the mainstream. Ones that are going to play the top of the line ball period even if they go to $75 a dozen. Then you have the regular guys that are looking for the price versus performance thing. That is where the Kirkland thing came in. I did test 3 of them and was impressed. If I was playing serious comp or big money matches now I would not hesitate to put either the Kirkland or Snell ball in front line play. Now I am retired from comp and play small money matches for the fun of it but I still want top line performance from a ball. I for one will play a ball no matter the brand or hype that I can get the best for my game out of. I for one am not brand loyal on equipment if you look at my equipment list in my signature. Now on vintage equipment I am a Macgregor collector but that is another ball of wax.

I can cite you several examples of my quirks in the ball department. I do not like the newer Pro Vs period. I am a big fan of the older 392 design. I actually still have 2 dozen brand new still in the sleeve versions of that ball. Yesterday we were playing a course and an old guy sells found balls out of his yard. He had a couple of older 392s in the box. I jumped on them. He was honest and asked if I knew they were the older Pro Vs? I told him yes that is what I liked. He ended up going in his garage and had 2 dozen of them. I bought 2 dozen for $6. No one wants them they are not the latest greatest thing.

IMHO again as far as modern balls in the mainstream right now Srixon and Bridgestone have Titleist beat hands down. 

I think in a nutshell and I think you guys know this for the everyday Joe golfer price performance and durability is what stands out. There is a lot of competition out there today with cheaper balls. Most of the recreational golfers that really are not serious players will buy those Wilson balls at Wally World in a 48 pack I think it is for $19.00.

Like I stated previously the only reason I got involved in this post is that I like your common sense approach to doing this. If I can be of any help I will be glad to offer my opinion and you guys do not have to compensate me in any way. Do remember this I am not mainstream and march to the beat of my own drum but I will give you my honest opinion. In golf what works or does not work for me may be different for others. That is one of the reasons I am on MGS and have been for quite a few years is that the Staff and members here are honest and non biased

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Dude just KISS and you'll be fine.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'm agree - I have absolutely no illusions of being paid for my opinions offered on an online forum.

I also believe in both of what I see as the cornerstones of your plan. 1) R&D should be done by the people who know what they are doing, and marketing should be done by the people holding the bag. (They are almost never the same people)

2) Getting input from the consumer is the only way you will find true north.

As we have proven in this relatively short discussion post - this is a revolutionary idea, which will instantly polarize the crowd. Some will 'get it' and help with your initial push. Others will not be on board until the methods have proven themselves.

I just find it funny that a lot of people who bash the big OEMs for being nothing but marketing machines are now supporting this company, which has basically come right out and said that they are a marketing machine (all other functions will be outsourced).  Crowd sourcing, focus groups, etc are all forms of marketing/market research.

The idea of surveying the consumer landscape before coming to market is not revolutionary at all - in fact, it is a best practice for a new business.  

I have nothing against Strok and the guys there, I just don't see any actual go-to-market strategy here.

Snell had a strategy, Vice had a strategy.  Hell, even Costco had a strategy.  As much as it sounds great, crowd sourcing ideas is not a go-to-market strategy; it is the thing you do in the very early stages of business development akin to dipping your toes in the water.

I am interested to see where it goes, but for now I just don't see it.

I'm agree - I have absolutely no illusions of being paid for my opinions offered on an online forum.

I also believe in both of what I see as the cornerstones of your plan. 1) R&D should be done by the people who know what they are doing, and marketing should be done by the people holding the bag. (They are almost never the same people)

2) Getting input from the consumer is the only way you will find true north.

As we have proven in this relatively short discussion post - this is a revolutionary idea, which will instantly polarize the crowd. Some will 'get it' and help with your initial push. Others will not be on board until the methods have proven themselves.

My opinions have nothing to do with me not "getting it."  I don't think any of us really know what "it" is at this point.  

I wasn't trying to be personal - looking back, we had some similar dialog that makes my response look a little bit targeted. That was not my intent.

Conflicting views, good questions, strong concerns - those are all things that will help these guys figure out what "it" is.

I think it's important for everyone who joins this discussion, including the company guys, to remember that we need to be "a team of rivals" and not take (or make) things personal.

Ten years ago, even five years ago, this marketing model would have seemed like something from outer space. Golf product differentiation is really tough these days. You can categorize consumers a bunch a ways - product loyal, brand loyal, performance driven, price conscious, and more. Many consumers fit into more than one of these categories. Good luck to Strok - competition is good for all of us.

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

I wasn't trying to be personal - looking back, we had some similar dialog that makes my response look a little bit targeted. That was not my intent.

Conflicting views, good questions, strong concerns - those are all things that will help these guys figure out what "it" is.

I think it's important for everyone who joins this discussion, including the company guys, to remember that we need to be "a team of rivals" and not take (or make) things personal.

In all the years I have been on here I have never really seen any member give another poster a "personal" type answer. I have never myself taken anything personal but then again I am pretty easy going. On this subject I am going about it as one big "Think Tank". By doing this great ideas bounce or branch off other great Ideas. There is a wealth of sensible knowledge on this site. I think these Strok guys have came to the proper place to seek logical knowledge. Like I said before the reason I got involved in this is because I like the way they are carefully doing their research. 

G

I am 60 years old and swing faster than 85 MPH  :D

... Just turned 64 and I swing just over 100. Some of us geezers still have a little gas left in our tanks.  B)

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Us golf forum guys aren't a great representation of the "average golfer"

The clear majority of golfers don't post on golf forums. They don't change equipment as much as people on forums. Etc. That information is directly from an OEM.

IMG_2910.JPG

Okay, so I got to try out the STROK Prelux N and Prelux+ today, and have a couple of quick observations:

First, the ball does feel pretty soft - it's a nice feeling ball. Distance was hard to judge as it was a little breezy and right around 48 degrees or so. I also gamed a Srixon Q-Star Tour and Srixon Z-Star XV today - the STROK held its own against those two in distance, although I'd probably say the Z-Star was noticeably longer, but not by a ton.

Biggest concern came fairly quickly though -- noticeable scuffing on the cover after 1, maybe 2 holes for each ball. I've seen this with other softer balls (Snell is notorious), but with the Prelux N I noticed it after taking it out of the cup on the first hole I played.

IMG_2912.JPG

I'd say the cover on the Prelux+ scuffed noticeably after no more than 2 holes. 

By comparison, neither the Q Star Tour or Z Stat XV showed any wear whatsoever after 4 or 5 holes each. 

I'd suggest to STROK that they look at that pretty quickly - soft covers will scuff, but after 1 or 2 holes is a little quick. 

IMG_2913.JPG

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That logo is absurdly large. Reminds me of a range ball. Looks fine on all their marketing materials but I'm not a fan of its imposing presence on their balls.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Scuffing after 2 holes (and presumably from not hitting a tree or cart path) is pretty much a deal breaker., and I agree that logo is far too large

Snells original logo was far too large as well and Dean listened to the feedback and shrunk the logo and made it less bold

They need to be in the sub $15/20 range if they stuff that easily. No one wants a premium ball will do that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'd say even less. I can find Bridgestones and Srixons online for 25 to 30 a dozen, and can get a solid 18 holes out of 1 ball.

Even if we give Strok the benefit of the doubt and say they last 6 holes before scuffing, that's 1/3 as durable as many other premium balls.

Therefore, Strok would need to be closer to $10/dozen to deliver the same value

Scuffing after 2 holes (and presumably from not hitting a tree or cart path) is pretty much a deal breaker., and I agree that logo is far too large

Snells original logo was far too large as well and Dean listened to the feedback and shrunk the logo and made it less bold

IF this were the final production model, I'd agree with you. Since they're prototypes I would hope they're taking feedback from all of the tester-types they've sent these things out to. I already emailed Lucas my concerns about the durability - will report back with what he says. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

... Just turned 64 and I swing just over 100. Some of us geezers still have a little gas left in our tanks.  B)

You are darn skippy on that one--- Moral of the story don't mess with us old guys

G

Us golf forum guys aren't a great representation of the "average golfer"

The clear majority of golfers don't post on golf forums. They don't change equipment as much as people on forums. Etc. That information is directly from an OEM.

You know you are dead in the screws on that. What is so funny is that I have made that same statement many times before and forgot about that when I referred to us MGSers as "average golfers"-- See what happens when collective minds get together? Thanks for reminding me

G

attachicon.gifIMG_2910.JPG

Okay, so I got to try out the STROK Prelux N and Prelux+ today, and have a couple of quick observations:

First, the ball does feel pretty soft - it's a nice feeling ball. Distance was hard to judge as it was a little breezy and right around 48 degrees or so. I also gamed a Srixon Q-Star Tour and Srixon Z-Star XV today - the STROK held its own against those two in distance, although I'd probably say the Z-Star was noticeably longer, but not by a ton.

Biggest concern came fairly quickly though -- noticeable scuffing on the cover after 1, maybe 2 holes for each ball. I've seen this with other softer balls (Snell is notorious), but with the Prelux N I noticed it after taking it out of the cup on the first hole I played.

attachicon.gifIMG_2912.JPG

By comparison, neither the Q Star Tour or Z Stat XV showed any wear whatsoever after 4 or 5 holes each. 

I'd suggest to STROK that they look at that pretty quickly - soft covers will scuff, but after 1 or 2 holes is a little quick. 

attachicon.gifIMG_2913.JPG

John now you have me concerned on the scuffing. If I am hitting my short irons crisp and good I can scuff a ball especially the early Srixon Z Stars and I tend to peel the paint on Pro Vs. And this is with the older half a$$ed worn out vintage clubs too. My 2013 Callys will scuff the crap out certain balls with the short irons. I will say I did not scuff the Snells or Kirklands. I do not scuff the Bridgestone E-6s or Soft Feels either for some reason

G

John now you have me concerned on the scuffing. If I am hitting my short irons crisp and good I can scuff a ball especially the early Srixon Z Stars and I tend to peel the paint on Pro Vs. And this is with the older half a$$ed worn out vintage clubs too. My 2013 Callys will scuff the crap out certain balls with the short irons. I will say I did not scuff the Snells or Kirklands. I do not scuff the Bridgestone E-6s or Soft Feels either for some reason

Been gaming the vintage MacGregors - hardly sharp grooved - as well as some new PING wedges - new grooves. The scuffing did concern me, but then again I scuffed some Snell's with the same club arrangement down in Florida a couple of weeks ago, both times after 3 or 4 holes (at least that's when I noticed it).

Going to give these another go soon - so maybe it was a one-off or a fluke.  In any case, since they're prototypes and if STROK is getting similar feedback from other testers, I'd hope they take a look at it.  Other than the scuffing, the performance was fine -- it didn't stand out in any particular way but it certainly didn't lag behind, either.  Really very similar to the Q-STAR Tour and Z-STAR XV is also played, although the XV was longer off the tee.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Interesting read from my fellow spies and Strok owners. Why not use a recycled brown package with padding. I for one don't need a another golf ball box laying around the house being used to hold something else. I for one love competition, more the merrier. Having so many companies that make balls, is only going to favor the consumer with giving them choices and who knows, this ball may outshine their ball...IMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I work for an open source software company (but I don't write code here), so I'm obviously intrigued by this.  When it comes to OSS, people contribute because they benefit from the contributions of the rest of the community, and the community benefits from your contributions.  There's also quite a bit of street cred to be gained by having your contributions accepted into an open source project.  We actually weigh this heavily into hiring decisions.

https://opensource.com/

The suggestions around (reducing) packaging are great.  Send the balls to me in as little packaging as possible.  

Some other comments:

• I know your Kickstarter hasn't started yet, but putting it in the top navigation bar makes me want to click on it.  Clicking takes me nowhere, so I think your site is broken.
  • The "It's Time To Switch" paragraph on the Prelux+ page tells me why I'd want to give the ball a try.  That paragraph on the Prelux page doesn't really say anything substantive.
  • There are those of us that can hit a seven iron 165 that would love to play a yellow ball.  I don't know how many of us there are, but there may be a market there.  Look into it.
  • Consider creating an interactive ball selection wizard.  This is incredibly basic, but you'll get the idea:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTKB_yBmPapqoJMYnjSspyUuhMD77TJGh0kUFnu0qQyVVWBw/formResponse
Good luck!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

attachicon.gifIMG_2910.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2912.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2913.JPG

Glad you got some STROK (s) in.

We are compiling your feedback with that of others. Once all feedback is received we plan to provide new samples to you and the other testers. Please look for the new samples in mid May.

Thanks again.

Lucas & Marcus

Archived