Favorite ball(s) ever

mrsmith123

I love a topic like this because there are so many options. I have three favorite balls ever that I've played (in order of performance):

1. Nike One Platinum 2008 version

2. Titleist Professional 90 version

3. Callaway Rule 35 2001 version

I still look for these on eBay and play them regularly depending on the course. Modern balls just don't spin the same. What do you all think?

Cheers,

Burk

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Used to love the Maxfli balata balls back in high school, but couldn't imagine playing them now.

Top choices for me are the Snell MTB and Taylormade TPx.  Quickly closing the gap at the moment are the Kirkland Signature balls.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Last year I got to test the Nike RZN Black. I love that ball. Then Nike shut it down I am actively searching for as many of those as I can find at a good price. Hit the jackpot a few weeks ago found them at a Nike Outlet/Clearance store for $10.39 a dozen.

• Like 4

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

The B330RX and Srixon Z-Star XV have been may gamers for the past year until the K-Sig balls launched.  I've only got a few left over, unfortunately.  My new favorite, though, is the Taylormade TP5X.

• Like 2

Currently I can lay some blame on our very own Golfspy Barbajo for hooking me on the new Bridgestone b330rx, good length and great greenside for me. Second would probably be the Wilson Staff Duo Urethane, I got to be part of the forum test for them and they performed really well too.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Nike RZN Black is a great ball.... My career low round, and both tournaments I've won have been with those balls.

• Like 1

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

Still looking for that ball. I currently use Chrome Softs because I have an abundance of them, but need to test others to see what really works for me.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

The new Srixon Tour ball that I tried on the weekend is very good and I think will be a top ball when it's released, but at the moment, the Snell MTB is my absolute favourite.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Ram Tour Grind, Wilson Smart Core and Nike One Tour D. Those are the three that I used for the longest period of time. They are certainly the ones that I shot the lowest scores with.

I'm a big proponent of finding a ball that works and playing it. It's all about the short game anyway. You can adjust your shot choices around the green to the ball you're playing. Each ball seems to perform a bit differently there so pick one, practice those shots with it and have some fun.

Like Matt I was gifted with a sleeve of QStar tours. I played the last hole with one. The distance and feel were fine. Since I hit the green in regulation I didn't get to see how much it spins around the green.

Nice thread...

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I didn't have the pleasure of playing golf until my late 20's (33 now). In my early days of playing I played many different type of balls not knowing it made any difference. One day I decided I was going to spend a little extra on balls. I decided on the Nike hyperflights per recommendation of a store employee. It made a huge difference in my game. Up to that point I've never hit anything further and accurate. So Nike hyperflights will always have a place in my bag as long as I can find them. But since my confidence in the game has grew along with my playing abilities I've been able to experiment with the higher end balls. I've since found a new love in the srixon z star. All around great ball. Easy to control around greens nice feeling leaving the club face.

• Like 2

Driver: 17' TM M1 9.5*

3wood: Callaway Black Razr X

19* hybrid: Callaway Razr X

4-pw: Callaway Razr X

52*, 56*, 60* Callaway MD3 Milled

Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Ball: Srixon  Z-Star & Chromesoft Truvis

My favorite ball was the Wilson Staff PX3 and I still miss it.  When Staff discontinued the ball, I bought as many as I could get my hands on from eBay, Amazon, WalMart, and several other online retailers.  Once those were used up, it took me two years to find a suitable replacement. 

TaylorMade TP Red LDP is my favorite ball ever

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

Back in the day my ball was a Dunlop, because that is what my Grandfather played. I guess in my 30's my ball was the Titleist DT100 because it really performed off the persimmon woods and you could stop it on the green. My next ball was the Wilson Smartcore because it held it's own against the better balls of the time. Then it was the Maxfli U3, tour performance without the price. Now I am struggling between the Wilson Duo U , Snell MTB and Nike RZN Platinum(no longer in production). So that's my take on best balls ever.....as I have been golfing for 58 years.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

It wasn't that many years ago that I thought it didn't make any difference which ball I used, so I used whatever I found and was cheap because I usually left them on the course for others to find again.  I did like the Professional 90 when I found them.  After lessons and golf school, I felt like I could play a round of golf without losing a ball, so I started playing ProV1s.  My scores went down!  Who knew?  I am also partial to the Srixon Z-Star, and played that ball until the Snell MTB came around.  Now it's Snell and the Kirkland Signature ball until I run out of them.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I truly believe that even if you don't have a fav ball, it's important to use the same ball.

I've been partial to the 'ProV1' feel for quite some time. But, I've become partial to the TM Project a and the MG C4 lately. Srixon Z star is right up there as well.

My all time favorites go in order below.

1.  Nike TW Tour Accuracy.  I played this ball for years, because I bought 15 dozen at a Nike outlet, after they were off the shelf from most sporting good stores.

2.  Strata ML Balata 90.  This is the ball I used when I started getting decent at golf.

3.  Callaway HX Tour

4.  Callaway Chrome +

5.  Titleist Pro V1/X - Bridgestone B330  - Srixon ZStar XV.  These ball are pretty interchangeable and in my current rotation.

• Like 2

When I first started golfing (~2008) my mom gave me a dozen Callaway warbirds she won in some tournament she was in the year before and I loved them. Simple 2-piece ball, but damn those things go far. Also just the right amount of softness around the green. Still using them. Didn't lose many balls last year so I didn't really break out the Hex Warbirds. I've dabbled with other balls. I like the Z-Star and a few others. But as it says on the box: "This bird will fly!"

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Hands down for me it is the Titleist Professional 90.  Won a lot using that ball.

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

2014 Pro V1, although I'm yet to test the new ones.

I'd also like to give the Wilson FG Tours a whack.

The Wilson DUO is like hitting a bouncy ball.

• Like 1

Hmm I liked the original Noodle early in my golf life the thing just seemed to stay straight for me, lately I really enjoy the B330RXS and will probably stick with those for a bit unless I find something I like better.