:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Great starts to the reviews. As someone who's currently experiencing issues with their Arccos system I'm definitely intrigued by the reviews here.

Doesn't look too terrible compared to a regular watch, and as I've grown accustomed to a my smart watch this doesn't appear to be too far fetched for me. Looking forward to the rest of the reviews.

Great Stage 1 Downlow and Kanoito!! Fantastic pics and good refererences on the size.

Downlow. I love that card and all the info. I'm glad to see somone at your level is willing to embrace the wearable technology. A few guys I know that are scratch, kinda resist it. But they are kinda wierd that way.

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I got in my first round using the Shot Scope on Friday and I honestly didn't notice it on my wrist.  I was worried it would be slightly annoying, as I don't like to wear anything on my wrists when playing but it was hardly noticeable.

I will say that it's going to take me a few rounds to develop the "muscle memory" using this, as it's a different routine compared to the Game Golf that I've been using for a couple years.

One other thing I noticed when I got home is that the course I played wasn't loaded on Shot Scope's web site so I'll be interested to see how quickly their team gets it updated (I sent them an email on Friday afternoon).

• Like 3

Great Stage 1 Downlow and Kanoito!! Fantastic pics and good refererences on the size.

Downlow. I love that card and all the info. I'm glad to see somone at your level is willing to embrace the wearable technology. A few guys I know that are scratch, kinda resist it. But they are kinda wierd that way.

I'm definitely weird about certain things and deliberated for a couple weeks (was actually one of the last applicants) before signing up for this review. But Shot Scope claims to provide "tour level data" and I have to occasionally tape my left wrist anyway. For me this experiment is about more complete stats (particularly short game) in a mostly passive package. There was nothing passive or complete about my scorecard stat system and I always shut it down after qualifying season. When I read "tour level data", I envision ShotLink. Over the next couple weeks I'm going to be working through some things via their support staff to hopefully tighten up my data returns with that goal in mind.
  • Like 1

One other thing I noticed when I got home is that the course I played wasn't loaded on Shot Scope's web site so I'll be interested to see how quickly their team gets it updated (I sent them an email on Friday afternoon).

When you initially setup your user account did you list a home course at the same time? I downloaded the app and setup an account (including home course) a week before even applying for the review so I'm not the best test subject for home course mapping turnaround time. I'll also be interested to hear how quickly they rectify your situation.
  • Like 1

I got in my first round using the Shot Scope on Friday and I honestly didn't notice it on my wrist. I was worried it would be slightly annoying, as I don't like to wear anything on my wrists when playing but it was hardly noticeable.

I will say that it's going to take me a few rounds to develop the "muscle memory" using this, as it's a different routine compared to the Game Golf that I've been using for a couple years.

Glad to hear your experience has been similar to mine with Shot Scope - it's really hard to take a picture of but for me after warm up it was virtually unnoticeable.

The biggest drawback I've found is there no way to put a sensor into a counter weighted putter. Up till now I've not bothered and just went back after the round and edited to approximately where my putts were. Seems to work well enough.

SkyCaddie has figured out an interesting solution - they out a sensor in a divot tool, and you tap the divot tool on the GPS watch to mark a putt. Don't think this would work with the Shot Scope, however.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Glad to hear your experience has been similar to mine with Shot Scope - it's really hard to take a picture of but for me after warm up it was virtually unnoticeable.

The biggest drawback I've found is there no way to put a sensor into a counter weighted putter. Up till now I've not bothered and just went back after the round and edited to approximately where my putts were. Seems to work well enough.

SkyCaddie has figured out an interesting solution - they out a sensor in a divot tool, and you tap the divot tool on the GPS watch to mark a putt. Don't think this would work with the Shot Scope, however.

I was browsing the Shot Scope twitter feed last night and they addressed the counterweight putter dilemma of another user. The fix involved shaving off the threaded shaft and double sided tape.
  • Like 1

I was browsing their twitter feed last night and they addressed the counterweight putter dilemma of another user. The fix involved shaving off the threaded shaft and double sided tape.

Yep - tried that. Lasted a few holes before the damn thing fell off. Maybe Velcro and keep the tag in your pocket until it's time to put?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yep - tried that. Lasted a few holes before the damn thing fell off. Maybe Velcro and keep the tag in your pocket until it's time to putt.

Velcro sounds workable but sort of a PITA.

From what little I know about tagging tech, it doesn't necessarily need to be exposed to the elements; so you could actually tape over it. Might look funny but it would probably hold up better than the double sided tape workaround.

Also, depending what metal comprises your counterweight, super-gluing a strong disc magnet to the tag might do the trick.

All 4 Stage 1 "Pre-" Reviews are up -- some good stuff guys!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Enjoyed reading stage 1.  Looks way too big for my wrist.  Looking forward to future updates.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Like others I'm also dealing with the counterweighted putter issue.  Once I can upload the data from my first round I'll be interested to see if it picked up any of the strokes, despite me not having the tag in place.  Game Golf is hit or miss in picking up putts without the tag in place, as well.

Awesome start fellow spies, and I could never hit 500 balls nor attempt to, maybe 200 max...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Nice work guys. Looking forward to see how these work for everyone in the long run

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +2.4

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I received an email promptly this morning from Shot Scope indicating that the course I played last Friday had been uploaded.  Unfortunately, this course recently changed the scorecard and hole configuration and it doesn't look like Shot Scope got the update.  Game Golf didn't either and I had to email them a while back, too, so I'll follow up with the Shot Scope team tomorrow.  That aside, I did notice a few of my shots were a bit off.  For example, the first hole I played every shot was like 10 yards to the left from where I actually was.  Easy fix but kind of odd.  Looks to be very isolated, thankfully.

I'm going to get in at least one if not two rounds this week with the Shot Scope so more to come.

I got my first 18 in last weekend... it all worked out surprisingly well... but I kept forgetting to collect pin after every hole, so I'm sure that also contributed to the weird readings I had.

Anyways, no more spoilers, wait for Part 2! :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Nice review guys.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Morning all ---

Received this update from Gavin Dear of Shot Scope - he's been reading your comments and wanted to add the following regarding counterweighted putters:

"We are looking in to this, it seems that there is not a standard key system for counter balanced putters similar to adjustable drivers. This is making it very hard to build a solution. It seems that anything which is taped outside the width of the putter grip will most likely be deemed non-conforming. 

At the moment, we are testing a system for double sided tape (we have some really strong stuff) and it seems to work well. Once the testing is complete we will offer a solution which will most likely include 3 Putter tags."

• Like 5

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Morning all ---

Received this update from Gavin Dear of Shot Scope - he's been reading your comments and wanted to add the following regarding counterweighted putters:

"We are looking in to this, it seems that there is not a standard key system for counter balanced putters similar to adjustable drivers. This is making it very hard to build a solution. It seems that anything which is taped outside the width of the putter grip will most likely be deemed non-conforming. 

At the moment, we are testing a system for double sided tape (we have some really strong stuff) and it seems to work well. Once the testing is complete we will offer a solution which will most likely include 3 Putter tags."

It's awesome that the folks from Shot Scope are following along. No added pressure reviewers  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2