Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Attending US Open @ Erin Hills?

Shankster

Was hoping to - but business is taking me to Colorado that week. I know a local guy who dabbles on the forum who will be there

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Was thinking about flying out with my son for a few days of playing golf and watching golf. Could not get him to the Masters with me this year so it would be a nice trip for him.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I really would have liked to make this one.  Having gotten to play the course the week it opened, I was blow away by some of those holes, it'll be interesting to see how far they stretch it out.  I read somewhere around that time, Steve Stricker played it from the very back tees (something like 7,900 yards) and barely broke 80.   I'm sure they won't play it all the way back, but I'm very anxious to see it.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7,900??? That doesn't even sound like fun. I'll take my 6,800 all day. 7,900 yards that's just stupid.

I'm sure they'll have it at 7,889.

7,900 yards. Is that even golf anymore? Seems more like hiking the Appalachian Trail.

Ok, So I exaggerated a bit, it's only 7,812...ha   But a rate of 77.9!!  Look at that 3 hole stretch from 5-7, a 507 yard par 4, a 236 yard par 3 and 607 par 5.!!   No. 9 at 165 yard par 3, will be like a pitch and putt compared to the rest...ha

04a24ce4a70ecf89ecfefc59_l.jpg

Ok, So I exaggerated a bit, it's only 7,812...ha But a rate of 77.9!! Look at that 3 hole stretch from 5-7, a 507 yard par 4, a 236 yard par 3 and 607 par 5.!! No. 9 at 165 yard par 3, will be like a pitch and putt compared to the rest...ha

04a24ce4a70ecf89ecfefc59_l.jpg

So it's the Pacific Crest trail instead. 7,812 yards is a long day.

- Da Yooper

Ok, So I exaggerated a bit, it's only 7,812...ha   But a rate of 77.9!!  Look at that 3 hole stretch from 5-7, a 507 yard par 4, a 236 yard par 3 and 607 par 5.!!   No. 9 at 165 yard par 3, will be like a pitch and putt compared to the rest...ha

The pros all hit it so far, 7800 isn't that crazy for par 72.  I just looked back at Pinehurst #2, and the scorecard shows that maxes out at almost 7600, and they played to par 70.  You can't hardly find the tees they used for the 2015 US Open, they're on adjacent golf courses.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Closing on a 660 yard par 5 is a rough way to finish.  Other than that it looks playable for the tour guys.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I agree for the Pro's it will be doable.

I'd rather see some shorter courses, it's more fun to watch when they are pin seeking from 320 with the driver.

I enjoyed watching that short par 4 from Chambers Bay.

The pros all hit it so far, 7800 isn't that crazy for par 72. I just looked back at Pinehurst #2, and the scorecard shows that maxes out at almost 7600, and they played to par 70. You can't hardly find the tees they used for the 2015 US Open, they're on adjacent golf courses.

They'll probably make it 8k. Mow some "tee boxes" back a few yards.

- Da Yooper

The pros all hit it so far, 7800 isn't that crazy for par 72.  I just looked back at Pinehurst #2, and the scorecard shows that maxes out at almost 7600, and they played to par 70.  You can't hardly find the tees they used for the 2015 US Open, they're on adjacent golf courses.  

Was hoping to - but business is taking me to Colorado that week. I know a local guy who dabbles on the forum who will be there

Agree with both of you, the length probably isn't a problem, especially on firm fairways which I tend to remember Erin being very firm and lots of undulations.   500 yard par 4's are common place now for the US Open.  I do remember there being some blind tee shots, and that 165 yard par 3, if I recall correctly is completely blind you can't see the green from the tee box, there's a huge hill in front of it.  a very funky hole, but I heard they were planing on changing that.  

I could see them using multiple tee boxes like they have in the past.  The USGA loves to get in the head of some of these players.  And if there is a lot of rain the week before, yes 7800 will be very long, but if they get normal or dry weather it will not play near that long.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I could see them using multiple tee boxes like they have in the past.  The USGA loves to get in the head of some of these players.  And if there is a lot of rain the week before, yes 7800 will be very long, but if they get normal or dry weather it will not play near that long.

Yep...No doubt.  Remember what the USGA did at Torrey a couple years ago on the Par 5 in the final found, they moved it up so far Furyk had no idea of what to hit there and snap hooked it.   I can definitely see them moving number 15 up to a driveable distance on Sunday and possibly even move 18 up a bit so everyone has a chance to reach in two.  

In any case it's one of my favorite Majors of the year to watch, right behind The Masters.

Whistling can stretch to around 7600 is normal set up at 7200. They will vary tee boxes based upon course conditions and creating opportunities for risk/reward.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Whistling can stretch to around 7600 is normal set up at 7200. They will vary tee boxes based upon course conditions and creating opportunities for risk/reward.

I need to get over there and play WS. Always enjoyed watching events played there.

- Da Yooper

@og_shankster (instagram)

I golfed there last year and my caddie said they have the ability to stretch it to 8150 yards at the absolute longest. He said the course would be unplayable at that length and thought it would between 7600-7800 yards.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday!

Driving into Milwaukee with some buddies on Friday night going to hit the town then course Saturday

Whole family is meeting me at the crack of dawn Sunday for the final round

See you boys there!

The USGA has made a mess of the Open for to many years to count now. And the R&A boys are probably just now getting over their sides hurting from laughing at the last one. The question is will they do it again? 7800 and 660+ par 5?

Have you ever played a 600+yd par 5 at 18? I have, and while that course was not Erin Hills, it became a joke to be avoided for it.

Sure their pro's, but when Gary Player says they've made a mockery of the US Open I will take his word for it. But hey, all the more reason to buy the new drawver that gives you 30 more...

Archived