Tsmithjr9

Pet peeves

Our Sponsors

Peeve ----

Stop talking to my shots. If anyone is supposed to talk to a shot I make it's me. I own it.

But I have a friend that from the split second he sees a shot going in some direction other than at the perfect intended target he starts saying... whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.... all the way until it stops. Other times he's telling my ball to get down or get up or hurry. Drives me crazy.

And while I'm on the subject. Stop with all the Good Shot remarks the second a ball is struck. Let the ball finish and then say Good Shot. If it was. Otherwise keep your trap shut.

:D

• Like 3

Peeve ----

Stop talking to my shots. If anyone is supposed to talk to a shot I make it's me. I own it.

But I have a friend that from the split second he sees a shot going in some direction other than at the perfect intended target he starts saying... whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.... all the way until it stops. Other times he's telling my ball to get down or get up or hurry. Drives me crazy.

And while I'm on the subject. Stop with all the Good Shot remarks the second a ball is struck. Let the ball finish and then say Good Shot. If it was. Otherwise keep your trap shut.

Good post... Er, you done ;) ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Peeve ----

One of my biggest annoyances, I don't mind so much from a friend but when I get paired with a stranger and all he does is talk to my bad shots, it drives me nuts, so bad one day I actually had to say something, once I did not a peep from the offending ball talker.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I kind of wish most public courses would just remove their bunkers. 80% don't maintain them and don't put the right kind of sand in them anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This is probably the most true statement I've ever seen

• Like 1

Zero heads up about very recently aerated greens! Nothing spoils a round for me faster.

• Like 1

Like many others, uneven tee boxes are my biggest pet peeve. I feel like it's easily fixable too.

I hate tee boxes set up where I have to fade the ball. That sucks like an Electrolux vac

• Like 2

People not fixing pitch marks on the green!!!!

• Like 5

I hate tee boxes set up where I have to fade the ball. That sucks like an Electrolux vac

I hate the opposite. Tee boxes that punish a fade make me mad. I can hit the draw, but I like to keep my shot shape like my hair cut, and a certain MGS members handle. A nice High Fade.

- Al

• Like 3

People hitting into me, If the course is backed up and I'm waiting guess what So should you..  And if they do NOT yelling Fore.. Nothing make me more mad than when a ball lands to close with out Yelling or at very least acknowledgment that it was not intentional.. 

I might have "Accidentally" it one into the water one day.. Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it,...

• Like 3

Boy is this thread making me glad that I belong to a private club. :)

We have issues but they get fixed and you have weekly emails telling you when and how.

I recognize all of the complaints because I've spent a good deal of my golfing life on muni's. I like muni's and the people who play them a lot but I don't miss this otter stuff.

• Like 1

No sand in the traps. Local course hasnt put sand in them for 2 years, its now like trying to hit off the pavement. (Most of the time we play take a free drop behind the trap)

• Like 1

No sand in the traps. Local course hasnt put sand in them for 2 years, its now like trying to hit off the pavement. (Most of the time we play take a free drop behind the trap)

Yeah, that's how most of the public courses are around me. It's basically like hitting out of dirt with a light sprinkle of sand over top

That stinks...

MDGolfHacker

Agree with the others on the uneven tee boxes.  One that really gets me is sunflower seed shells on the greens.  I don't want to touch those!!

• Like 1

Having pins 4 feet from the front or back of the green all round. I understand you want to challenge people on some holes but come on it's a Saturday round not a US open qualifier.

Tee boxes that are not lined up with the hole or fairway. It just pure laziness to not make sure the tee markers are lined up square.

• Like 1