Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

LPGA Tour Lexi Thompson Ruling!

ole gray

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rules officials and the entire golf governing bodies should absolutely be ashamed of themselves. This is total BS. This makes the entire golf community look like a bunch of stuck up snobs and their I know the rules better than you attitude BS. That pretty much sums up my feelings on this. The rules MUST change if you want this game to grow. This is totally idiotic. Pathetic LPGA absolutely Pathitic.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Total bull shat IMO...  

Congrats to Yeon Ryuwho for her victory and she's obviously a class act.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I hear that MGM is reviewing the tapes of my Blackjack play from a month ago. There was a call that I was counting cards on a $10 Blackjack table.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I have no problem with tbe penalty IF it was assesed the day of by the officials ON THE COURSE. NO viewer should be given credence at all.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... This is why Pro's take so long to mark their ball. Get around perfectly behind it, mark slowly then do the same when replacing it. She might have stepped on someone's line I believe so she had to mark her 1" putt from the side and easy to make a minuscule mistake that couldn't be seen unless the shot was digitally zoomed in. Sadly just like the a$$holes that yell stupid stuff immediately after contact, whoever this was is taking great pride in his/her ruining a Major for Lexi. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Growing the game is vital to the health of the sport. This day started with kids playing at Augusta National and ended with stupidity I am struggling to explain to my devastated 9 year old daughter.

Joel Klatt posted "unless every shot by every player is televised, no penalties should come from viewers" on Twitter.

Hard to argue with common sense logic but golf's governing bodies tend to find ways to defy logic!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No viewer should have any say in rules questions for the simple reason that they are not in a "sterile" non distracted environment with a concrete perspective. Eyes move on tv screens showing pictures shot by moving cameras. There can be doubt.

That being said, rules are rules, but here's the rub- who's in charge? There are rules officials to make those calls, they hold the cards. Imagine what a Melee it would be if players subverted officials' authority and started calling penalties on each other.

This is rediculous. Some troll calls in and ruins a nice young lady's tournament. A MAJOR tournament. What if we all decide to call up Toronto and call penalties on Sidney Crosby during the Stanley Cup finals? It wouldn't be much of a game of rules and honor, respected by the fans (and non fans), now would it?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

You know the saying "The ball never lies."? Let the game govern the game, not viewers.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

This was another disgusting display of incompetence by professional golf.  Until there is a camera on every single golfer at all times then the rules officials shouldn't even allow armchair "tour pros" to contact them about alleged violations.  Frankly, they shouldn't be allowed to contact them regardless IMO.

Bless her heart on maintaining her composure after that BS and nearly draining the eagle putt on #18.  So Yeon Ryu played well but, sorry, this was a win with an asterisk IMO.

What a crock of s***! No wonder this game has detractors. Its petty s*** like this that keeps the "might be fan" from taking it serious. No other sport even considers a call in "do gooder". I can't even express how pissed off this has me.

Yep! The game is a disaster as it and the 'kids' out here play the social media for the herd of tards they are.

Add this to the rest; DJ's ball and the farce of some of the recent US Opens.

Having family in England I can assure you they have made a laughing stock of the game here.

CEO Davis couldnt run a hot dog stand and Chambers Bay proved the idiots are running the asylum. USGA stickers, tags, towels, and the rest accumulated over the years went bye-bye then. Even had to cut away to watch his Phil-ness make a putt to get to even to finish there with 5 left yesterday, to the roar of the crowd, while Henly was closing in on -20. As if.

American drama for american golf con-sumers.

Pissed is right.

Okay...I agree with everyone that it is really beyond stupid to allow fans to call in rules violations.  Don't they pay people to do that on the course.

A few questions...

1. Why do you think she decided to mark her ball on such a short putt.  Is that just a routine thing and you don't want to get out of your routine...ever?

2. How in the world can some joe/jane doe a-find the phone number to call and b-get in touch with someone that can do something about it??  

EDIT: they got an email... AN EMAIL!  what the ....
http://www.golfchannel.com/video/lpga-rules-official-tv-viewer-calls-need-be-addressed/

3. Is there a proposed rule change to prevent this from happening going forward?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1. Looking at the replay she was rotating her ball. Probably to hide or put the marks in the correct orientation.

3. No rules change proposed that I know. They changed the rule regarding movement of the ball but no other penalties.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It was disgusting. Next someone will watch video of 86 Masters. Be a call for DQ, some silly rule violation.

And why wait til next day? Once round is in books it should be done. UNLESS, it can be shown someone intentionally cheating.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

<p>Driver:  Callaway Epic 9 deg, Graphite design shaft stiff</p><p>Fairway:  TM M1v17/p><p>Irons:  Mission Hot Milled regular, 5 thru sw, TM Putter:  face</p><p>Ball:  Titelist Pro V1 or chrome soft X

Game 7 of the world series - 7th inning, they announce that a call-in lead to a penalty that changed the winner of game 6...

That bulls#it would never happen... why do we continue to see this incompetence in professional golf?

The only change that needs to be made to the rules is, no call or email in rules infractions. This is so dumb it's not a fair practice when you see 20 people on tv for the broadcast and 60+ playing that day.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• SPY VIP

I love how the story in the media has become a terrible ruling and no one is really talking about how she blatantly moves her ball. What if she is notorious for doing this and finally got called out? It was an 18" tap in she didn't line up, yet in one slick motion marked and with masterful slight of hand move her ball.

There was no reason to mark, she moved it to avoid something.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I think the reasons don't matter by the next day.

Was she marking just to take a minute to gather herself?

Was she marking to intentionally move to the side of a lump?

Who cares - it was the next day, and tv viewers are not officials.

And the worst part of it is 2 additional strokes for signing a scorecard that was correct to everyone's knowledge at the time of signing.

The ruling was the correct ruling. How they came to the knowledge of the infraction is the problem. There should be a cut off time for infractions to be called by offficials. Say, 2 hours after the round is complete. Once that time is up, no infractions can be made unless there is intentional rules infractions. This makes Golf at any level look bad. How do you grow a game when the rules are so idiotic.

There is a proposed change for 2019 that there will be no "call in" rules officials. That doesn't help for yesterday's farce.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Marking your ball properly is the holding penalty in the NFL - if you look hard enough, you will find an infraction almost every time.

If the Golf Tours don't stop this nonsense, it may be time to take the opposite approach. Get a couple thousand people to email and call every few minutes while sitting on the coach watching the tournaments. Officials will be so inundated with information, they will have no choice but to stop taking outside rulings.

I believe an official signs the card too, not just the players. Once that happens, it's done. It's official. The end.

Let's pull tape on an NBA Final and see how many fouls we can point out and award the trophy to the other team. Silly.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Going at MBP - I think all of us agree that it was a violation.  The issue is that it was emailed in and not investigated until the following day.  However, you would think that if there were an issue with her habitually moving her ball to avoid stuff that the players would be aware and on the look out for it -  I'm confident that it would be handled internally in some manner before it became public. 

To the issue at hand I say - yes to the High Fade solution - once the card is signed by the player and the official in the scorers room its done - in the box, fate accompli.  Additionally it only seems like common sense to have an official in the TV feed room reviewing all video there - it's his or her responsibility to spot possible violations caught by TV not the general public.  That person has a responsibility to report the potential violation to a walking rules official who has access to an IPad so that the video can be reviewed by the player and the playing partner and assessed on the course ASAP.  Professional golf is often slower than watching paint dry anyway - what difference is 5 more minutes going to make?

Boom, done.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I love how the story in the media has become a terrible ruling and no one is really talking about how she blatantly moves her ball. What if she is notorious for doing this and finally got called out? It was an 18" tap in she didn't line up, yet in one slick motion marked and with masterful slight of hand move her ball.

While I agree that it was the correct ruling it is the job of the player, the playing partner and the walking rules official to look at the mark.  I actually agree with Hank Haney (first time ever) in his assessment that just about every pro has done this once or twice in their career and not intentionally.  I believe that she marked the ball on the putt because she would have been in her playing partners line if she finished out. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I'm not willing to assume that she blatantly cheated on purpose and feel that's a slippery slope.  Her placement of the ball was questionable, but the accusation of cheating purposefully goes a little too far in my opinion.

We have placed our game on a pedestal.  We are a game of integrity where we call penalties on ourselves.  Integrity, honor and sportsmanship are defining characteristics of playing our game at any level.  Yet, we allow someone to phone in or email something they witness on television.  It simply doesn't make any sense to me.  

I think we could all learn a lot from watching this young lady handle this situation.  With grace and humility!

Archived