LPGA Tour Lexi Thompson Ruling!

ole gray

Did you guys see the USGA rules update about the use of video .. especially after the fact .. and the intention to limit viewer call-in?

I don't play in tournaments, so FWIW, I believe this is a move in the proper direction.

IMO, Infractions - actual / observed or perceived / accusatory - should be handled by the playing group plus a qualified rules official either on the spot or immediately after the end of play.

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..MLA Tour XDream (33", +2up, 400g, P2 Reflex Tour)
.. .. see MLA Offical Forum Member Reviews (..on the bench: Evnroll ER5)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

• SPY VIP

This should be a player decision situation where they govern and call out each other. Obviously this little game hack is done by the majority and therefore everyone looks the other way. You all know deep down she did it on purpose to avoid a spike mark or something, the evidence is pretty obvious.

• Like 2

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

This should be a player decision situation where they govern and call out each other. Obviously this little game hack is done by the majority and therefore everyone looks the other way. You all know deep down she did it on purpose to avoid a spike mark or something, the evidence is pretty obvious.

As much as I dislike the way it went down, I don't disagree with you.

• Like 1

No I don't.  I didn't see a spike mark or something, so it's not obvious to me that she did it on purpose.  Careless, yes.  On purpose, inconclusive.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I do not want to be overly harsh, but I truly believe that rules of golf are being watered down. Once we start that process there is no stopping it and soon we will pick cigarette butts and leaves out of the bunker because they were interfering, at one stage, with Tiger's swing or a mulligan will be allowed because one poor golfer had a difficult childhood, not to mention use of a motorised golf buggy in a PGA competition.

Lexi broke the rules and should pay the consequences as she is a professional golfer and should be aware of all the rules governing the sport through which she is making a good living.

It would be grossly unfair to her fellow competitors, who duly applied the rules of golf in their play,  not to impose the penalty on her.

Jooma, not sure many disagree with penalty. What is wrong, is tv viewer notifying rules committee following day. The extra 2 strokes is contention.

That and tv viewers making rules calls at all.

It was an infraction of rules, as such penalty is deserved.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

<p>Driver:  Callaway Epic 9 deg, Graphite design shaft stiff</p><p>Fairway:  TM M1v17/p><p>Irons:  Mission Hot Milled regular, 5 thru sw, TM Putter:  face</p><p>Ball:  Titelist Pro V1 or chrome soft X

I do not want to be overly harsh, but I truly believe that rules of golf are being watered down. Once we start that process there is no stopping it and soon we will pick cigarette butts and leaves out of the bunker because they were interfering, at one stage, with Tiger's swing or a mulligan will be allowed because one poor golfer had a difficult childhood, not to mention use of a motorised golf buggy in a PGA competition.

Lexi broke the rules and should pay the consequences as she is a professional golfer and should be aware of all the rules governing the sport through which she is making a good living.

It would be grossly unfair to her fellow competitors, who duly applied the rules of golf in their play,  not to impose the penalty on her.

Actually, removing man-made obstructions, like cigarette butts or cans, in a bunker with no penalty is not a new rule.  You can remove these items and if in doing so, the ball moves, it must be replaced under no penalty.  Rule 24-1

Just don't touch natural objects like those leaves or rocks.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”