TESTERS WANTED! ×

Camillo to TM

Funkyfedora

I saw the rumor on WRX and the PGA page on Facebook announced that Camillo will be on the Taylormade staff next year. I think this will be a good fit for both.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Should be a good fit for both.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I saw the rumor on WRX and the PGA page on Facebook announced that Camillo will be on the Taylormade staff next year. I think this will be a good fit for both.

Would it be because "Cobruma" might force Villegas to stop wearing J. Lindberg? But even then, wouldn't he have to switch to adidas gear?

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Global-Golf-Star-Camilo-Villegas-to-Join-TaylorMade-Tour-Staff-in-2011-1299030.htm

Global Golf Star Camilo Villegas to Join TaylorMade Tour Staff in 2011

Ranked No. 25 in the World, the Three-Time PGA Tour Winner Is One of the Brightest Stars in Professional Golf

CARLSBAD, CA--(Marketwire - August 3, 2010) - PGA Tour professional Camilo Villegas, currently No. 25 in the World Golf Rankings, will join the TaylorMade-adidas Golf Tour Staff in 2011.

Villegas, 28, will play TaylorMade® clubs, a TaylorMade ball, wear TaylorMade headwear, wear a TaylorMade glove, use a TaylorMade staff bag and wear adidas Golf footwear. More details on the relationship between Villegas and TMaG will be revealed on September 9.

"Camilo is a winner, a gentleman, and a fan favorite," said Mark King, president and CEO of TaylorMade-adidas Golf. "Cameras tend to find him because he has presence and magnetism that's impressive and rare. Camilo also shares the same values with our brand and our people, including a burning desire to improve and reach his potential. We very much want to help him do that, which is why we believe this is a great fit."

Villegas' charisma and aggressive style of play made him an instant sensation on the PGA Tour. He is well known to golf fans for his efficient swing and seemingly effortless power, as well as his signature "Spiderman crouch" when he reads putts, which prompted fans from his home town to nickname him "Hombre Arana." His popularity has also attracted plenty of attention off the golf course, where he has been featured in GQ Magazine and named one of People Magazine's "hottest bachelors" in 2006.

A native of Medellin, Colombia who now resides in West Palm Beach, Fla., Villegas notched two runner-up finishes and a total of four top-tens in 2006, his rookie year. His breakthrough triumph came at the 2008 BMW Championship, where he became the first Colombian to win on the PGA Tour; he also captured the TOUR Championship later that year. His most recent victory was the 2010 Honda Classic. He has also won twice internationally: the 2001 Columbian Open and the 2007 Coca-Cola Tokai Classic.

Other members of the renowned TaylorMade Tour Staff include Justin Rose, Martin Kaymer, Dustin Johnson, Kenny Perry, Y.E. Yang, Jason Day, Retief Goosen, Sean O'Hair, Sergio Garcia, Edoardo Molinari, Darren Clarke, Mike Weir and Rory Sabbatini.

Villegas, 28, will play TaylorMade® clubs, a TaylorMade ball, wear TaylorMade headwear, wear a TaylorMade glove, use a TaylorMade staff bag and wear adidas Golf footwear. More details on the relationship between Villegas and TMaG will be revealed on September 9.

NOW does anyone think that Taylormade didn't simply "outbid" Cobra? His "brand" went to the highest paying sponsor. I'm betting he'll be in Adidas shirts as well. It may take a year or two for his contract with J.L. to expire, but it'll happen. Loyalty to brand extends only as far as the next contract date. Yeah, I guess I'm a little cynical.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

NOW does anyone think that Taylormade didn't simply "outbid" Cobra? His "brand" went to the highest paying sponsor. I'm betting he'll be in Adidas shirts as well. It may take a year or two for his contract with J.L. to expire, but it'll happen. Loyalty to brand extends only as far as the next contract date. Yeah, I guess I'm a little cynical.

You're definitely not alone. I'm right there with you.

Archived