MG Tour C4 2016

Distance - same
Trajectory - mid
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - soft
Durability (1 round) - like new
Rating - Gamer

Notes:
This ball has been my gamer almost exclusively as of late. For a tour quality urethane ball the MG just doesn't get enough respect or play. The price is $20/dz. which places it right inline with the beloved Ksig. I play several different balls off and on. Those usually include: Snell, PV 1, ChromeSoft, and Ksig. I don't recall MGS reviewing the MG or testing it side by side against other premium prices balls. Probably missed it if they did.

I can play the MG all day in any condition and score well. It's just as durable and any other premium ball. For me the ball feels great off driver and irons. Putting is spot on also. The ball plays well in the wind for me too. But, I'm not an overly high ball hitter either. I personally think the MG Tour C4 deserves more love from our loyal forum members and I'm giving it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_1747.JPG

The Player

Current Gamer - ProV1 2016

Handicap - 6-8 fluctuating

7 iron distance with current ball -170

Trajectory - Mid/High

Putter - Cobra Blade 002

The Ball

Srixon Z Star - 2017

Distance - More

Trajectory - Mid

Spin - Suck back

Feel - Soft

Durability (1 round) - Like New

Rating - Gamer

Notes:

- Wilson FG on Steroids

- Excellent workability

- Very tacky (agree with MBP about spin skin... it's the bees knees!!)

- Good initial grab on chips.

- Stops dead on the 30-75 yard range

- Full wedges and short irons were coming back about a foot.

- Feel off the irons was perfect, it was amazing watching these take flight, nice flat trajectory!!

- Did not Balloon once.

- Stays white, no grass stains on these.

These will be replacing my Titleist habit, effective immediately. The around the green prowess of these is second to none, they are the best ball to date that I've tested. I lost one on the second hole, time to go looking. It's worth the ticks and bears I might run into.

If their clubs are anywhere near as good as their spheres... which I hear they are pretty good, maybe I'll ask Chad...

I'm going to give the Srixon clubs a go. There is a place by my dads that has them.... good stuff!!

IMG_1748.JPG

- Alan

IMG_1762.JPG

The Player

Current Gamer - ProV1 2016

Handicap - 6-8 fluctuating

7 iron distance with current ball -170

Trajectory - Mid/High

Putter - Cobra Blade 002

The Ball

Taylormade TP5X

Distance - Same

Trajectory - Low/Mid

Spin - Suck back

Feel - Softer Side of Firm

Rating - Gamer

Notes:

- For the X model it is rather soft, I found a TP5 on the course and they are both very similar. The TP5 is just a smidge softer.

- Great but not Superb workability.

- Good feel off the putter.

- Makes its money in the trenches with the wedges, still can't get over the softness of it for an "X" Makes those touch shots a cinch.

- Sounds firm with irons/wedges/fairway metals. Sounds soft off the putter.

Best ball from TM I've ever played. Just a touch firm feeling off the scoring clubs for me on full shots.

- Alan

• 2 months later...

The player:
Current gamer - Callaway Chrome Soft (first gen. / three piece)
Handicap - 17
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 160 yds
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER3 (medium feel)

The ball:
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis (Dual Soft Fast Core)

Distance - Slightly better
Trajectory - Mid
Spin - Hop & stop (for a low spin player)
Feel - Soft
Durability (1 round) - Scuffed (a little), held up well to hits into trees
Rating - Gamer

Notes:

I have been playing Callaway golf balls for a very long time, and the new Chrome Soft is, imho, the best ball they have ever made. In fact, I would say that for performance per dollar, it may be the best ball I have ever played.

The Truvis patter is really sweet to look at, though I don't know about the added focus bit. Everyone who sees it likes it. The new Chrome Soft with "Dual Fast Core" may feel a tad bit firmer than the last to some, but it is a great, soft feeling ball. Feel is much better than other premium balls such as Titleist and Taylormade. On average, it gives me slightly longer distance off the driver and is about the same on iron shots. It has loads of spin for control into the greens. Even for a low spin player such as myself, I can get it to hop and stop pretty fast. Sucks back a few feet on decent wedge shots. Durability is very good compared to other balls with soft urethane covers. Even after taking a beating in the trees, it looks perfectly playable at the end of a round.

I think Callaway have got the perfect premium ball for the average club golfer. This one is definitely going to stay in the bag for a long time.

In the bag:

Driver:  Callaway Epic 9.0* w/ Project X HZRDUS T800

3 Wood:  Adams Speedline Super S 15* w/ Matrix Radix S VI

3 Hybrid:  Adams Speedline Super LS 19* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage

4 Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue Mid 22*

Irons 5-GW:  Taylormade RSi 2 w/ KBS Tour 105

Wedges:  Callaway Mack Daddy MD3 - 54* S Grind, 58* W Grind

Putter:  Evnroll ER3 WingBlade 33"

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

• 2 weeks later...

The player:
Current gamer - Vice Pro 
Handicap - 9.3
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 170yd
Trajectory - high
Putter - Taylormade Rosca Daytona 1

The ball:
Forte Tour Performance S (2016/17)

Distance - same
Trajectory - high
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - soft
Rating - Gamer

Notes or writeup:

I picked up a trial pack of the Tour Performance S (TPS) from the manufacturer over Facebook, and I've played 2 rounds with the first ball before losing it on top of a maintenance shed! I had read some positive reviews on this ball before trying it out for myself, and I found the reviews to be fairly reflective of the ball itself.

In terms of feel, the TPS was similar to a Wilson Staff FG Tour ball with the performance being very similar to it as well. Considering that this ball costs AU$40/dozen (US$30, I think), it punches well above its weight.

On a sidenote, I love the fact that all of these online golf ball manufacturers (Forte, Vice, Snell, etc.) have brought out such fantastic products, as it might force the larger ball manufacturers (Titleist, Bridgestone, Wilson, Srixon, etc.) to produce better quality products and maybe drop their prices a bit in order to maintain their chunk of the market place.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

TP5x.JPG

Current Gamer Srixon ZStar

Handicap - +.07
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 165
Trajectory - Mid-High 
Putter - Bobby Grace 6330 

TaylorMade TP5x

Distance - Longer off woods and long irons. This is the first ball in recent memory that is longer than it's competitors. I feel the hype just writing it, but it is true for me and many of my higher swing speed friends. I am only around 100 and the higher your swing speed the longer it is. It is especially longer off the tee compared to my gamer by a good 5 yards or more. And carry off mid/long irons is also a good 5 yards or so. Short irons are about the same. 

Trajectory - The TP5x launches high with low spin. Biggest difference between the TP5x and the Lethal or previous versions of Tour Preferred balls is the higher trajectory that does not balloon in light winds and just seems to carry forever, especially in hot conditions. 

Spin - Spin is very similar to the Z Star, although around the greens on aggressive chips or pitches the Z Star has a tiny bit more spin. Just a hair so not a big difference and it took no adjustments to my short game. 

Feel - Feels about medium for a ball. Close in feel but not as soft as the Z Star yet softer than the 16' TPx. 

Durability - I don't notice a lot of durability differences between premier ball, with the exception of the original KS that seemed to mark up easier than others. Perhaps a hair better than the Z Star with it's spin skin urethane cover but it is very close. I rarely play a ball for more than 18 holes but have done that with a few TPx that still looked new after 1 round.

Rating - TP5x is my new gamer. I really love everything about this ball. Longer for woods and long irons, high trajectory with low spin, works great around the green and is as durable as any other premium ball. 

Notes:
I have been playing the Z Star for quite some time now and am very comfortable with it's performance. I have played other balls picking up a dozen here or there to try out and have enjoyed their performance but none have replaced the Z Star until the TP5x. 

- Longer off the tee and long/mid irons with more carry. 5-10 yards more with the TP5x.

- 5 yards or more with mid and low irons.

- Excellent performance around the green and can be played with aggressive spin or predictable roll out.

- Love the feel on all shots including the putter 

- I think all players should at least demo the TP5x if they get a chance but for better players, especially those with a swing speed of 100 or more, it is an absolute must demo. Had a 49 yr old friend with a 110 driver swing speed that has only played Titleist his entire golfing life switch to the TP5x. Nuff said.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

attachicon.gifBall Markings.JPG

Current Gamer Srixon ZStar

Handicap - +.07

7 iron carry distance with current ball - 165

Trajectory - Mid-High

Putter - Bobby Grace 6330

TaylorMade TP5x

Distance - Longer off woods and long irons. This is the first ball in recent memory that is longer than it's competitors. I feel the hype just writing it, but it is true for me and many of my higher swing speed friends. I am only around 100 and the higher your swing speed the longer it is. It is especially longer off the tee compared to my gamer by a good 5 yards or more. And cary of mid/long irons is also a good 5 yards or so. Short irons are about the same.

Trajectory - The TP5x launches high with low spin. Biggest difference between the TP5x and the Lethal or previous versions of Tour Preferred balls is the higher trajectory that does not balloon in light winds and just seems to carry forever, especially in hot conditions.

Spin - Spin is very similar to the Z Star, although around the greens on aggressive chips or pitches the Z Star has a tiny bit more spin. Just a hair so not a big difference and it took no adjustments to my short game.

Feel - Feels about medium for a ball. Close in feel but not as soft as the Z Star yet softer than the 16' TPx.

Durability - I don't notice a lot of durability differences between premier ball, with the exception of the original KS that seemed to mark up easier than others. Perhaps a hair better than the Z Star with it's spin skin urethane cover but it is very close. I rarely play a ball for more than 18 holes but have done that with a few TPx that still looked new after 1 round.

Rating - TP5x is my new gamer. I really love everything about this ball. Longer for woods and long irons, high trajectory with low spin, works great around the green and is as durable as any other premium ball.

Notes:

I have been playing the Z Star for quite some time now and am very comfortable with it's performance. I have played other balls picking up a dozen here or there to try out and have enjoyed their performance but none have replaced the Z Star until the TP5x.

- Longer off the tee and long/mid irons with more carry. 5-10 yards more with the TP5x.

- 5 yards or more with mid and low irons.

- Excellent performance around the green and can be played with aggressive spin or predictable roll out.

- Love the feel on all shots including the putter

- I think all players should at least demo the TP5x if they get a chance but for better players, especially those with a swing speed of 100 or more, it is an absolute must demo. Had a 49 yr old friend with a 110 driver swing speed that has only played Titleist his entire golfing life switch to the TP5x. Nuff said.

We tend to like the exact same equipment so no surprise to see you living the TP5x. Noticed the exact same performance gains as you

We tend to like the exact same equipment so no surprise to see you living the TP5x. Noticed the exact same performance gains as you

... I don't know if I am living the TP5x but I do love it's performance.  ;)  I hope we get to play a round of golf sometime in the future. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• 2 months later...

The player:
Current gamer - Bridgestone B330 or Titleist Pro V1
Handicap or Ave score - 6
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 180
Trajectory - mid
Putter - SeeMore FGP

The ball:
Bridgestone Tour B Series

Distance - about the same with irons, but a little longer with woods
Trajectory - mid
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - soft
Rating - Tour B RX is definitely my new gamer

Notes:
First, I apologize for waiting so long to get this review up. I've done a lot of testing with these and finally got it all put together.  I've played the Bridgestone Tour B330 and the Pro V1 for several years now as my two go-to balls, but they just got knocked out of the bag.  

All 4 balls performed exceptionally well.  As compared with the Pro V1, iron distance was the same with all 4, but with the Tour B X and Tour B RX, I felt like I picked up about 10 or so yards with the driver.  The other two were about the same as the Pro V1 in driver distance. I felt like I could work them all about the same and could also control the trajectory about the same.  

Around the greens, I felt like I could stop the RX, XS, and RXS all about the same, but I didn't get that feel with the X.  It seemed to run out on chips and pitches a little more than I like.  All 4 balls have a good alignment aid on them as well to help with putting (I also use them when I'm hitting the ball off the tee). 

Overall, in my opinion, the RX performed better than all 3 and much better than the old B330 line and the Pro V1.  I've already bought several more dozen as it is now my sole gamer and probably will be for a while. 

Bridgestone.jpg

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

• 2 months later...

Chrome Soft 2017

Player:

current gamers:  Bridgestone B330 rx 2016 or Pro V1 2017

​Handicap: 2.1   typical score between 74-77

7 iron carry distance: 157 

Trajectory: Mid

Putter: Custom; Positiveputter.com  303 stainless steel firm/soft (like the Scotty putters w/303 steel) toe up style putter they call target line putters.

Reviewing Chrome Soft ball 2017

Longer than Pro V1  same as the Bridgestone B330 rx  (distance gained because it is straighter)

Trajectory: Mid

Spin: Hop and Stop  (we have super firm greens)  High spin on softer greens

Feel: Soft 

Durability:  between Like New and Scuffed but Playable depending on how many full wedges I need to hit.  Full wedges tend to lift little dreds off the cover 

New Gamer

I really like this ball.  Putting has a soft feel and consistent distance feel.  1/2 Wedge at 50 yards hops 4-8 feet and spins back 3 ft.   3/4 sand wedge 80 yards same as 50 yarders.  Full lob or Sand wedge is mid/low trajectory for me and hops 6 feet and spins 8-10 feet.  Mid irons feel soft and hop and stop 4-6 feet.  Driver is straighter and boars through wind.   I feel like it is about 1/2 a club longer than the Pro V1  with all my clubs.    I can work this ball both way with ease and rarely overcook the curve.   The only thing I don't like is the Callaway logo being curved bugs my eye and the ball plays so well for me I just putt it with a plan face up.  I rarely play a Pro V1 over nine holes before it looks like I hit it down the cart path.  I played 18 yesterday with a Chrome Soft and it only had 2 minor scuffs and flew true all 18 holes.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

• 2 weeks later...

Vice pro plus

The player:

Titleist pro v1

Handicap or Ave score - 12

7 iron carry distance with current ball - 172yds

Trajectory - mid

Putter Scotty Cameron select Newport 2.5 medium

The ball:

Vice pro plus 2018

Distance - same

Trajectory - mid

Spin - hop & stop

Feel - firm

Durability (1 round) - scuffed but payable

Rating - Gamer

Notes or writeup:

Played v similar to pro v1. Got some roll on driver but can get spin round the green when it's needed.

I think key with the Vice ball is price point. Almost half the price of a pro v1 with very similar feel and results.

Great ball and will continue to use.

link is vicegolf.com

20180322_141532_resized_1.jpg

As a great tutor once said, 'Take dead aim.'Kit: Taylor made M2 driver 9.5, 3w 15 & 3 hybrid 19, Ping crossover 3iron, pxg 0311 irons 5 through to wedge, Taylormade 50 & 60 wedges, Titleist vokey sm6 56 wedge, Scotty Cameron select Newport 2.5 putter, ball - Vice Pro +, Range / practice kit - skytrak and ipad.

The player:
Current gamer - Various: Chrome Soft Original, Prov1/Prov1x, Taylormade TPX
Handicap - 8
Trajectory - High
Putter - Taylormade Rossa Fontana Mallet 2010 - Medium feel. 

TaylorMade TP5x

Distance - Better
Trajectory - High
Spin - suck back
Feel - Firmer side of "soft"
Durability (1 round) - Like new 
Rating - Gamer

Analysis:

I recently cracked open a box of TaylorMade TP5x balls that I got from my daughter for Christmas. 

While I can't provide any technical/digital specs at this stage, I can give you some feedback from the course.

I played Northview Canal Course on the 4th of March. It's a higher end course around here so conditions are typically pretty reasonable compared to other courses this time of the year. Off the fairway was boggy but if you kept it on the short stuff there was some roll available. It was a colder than expected day - probably around 38F and a little bit of wind about. 

These things FLY! Especially off the tee - Driver and 3 wood. My 3 wood was going deep - 270+ and this is late winter conditions in Vancouver. Couple of drives tipped 300 also. Every time I was on the tee I was giddy with excitement thinking about putting a beat down on that ball! They promoted this ball as adding distance... they may be right!

The iron feel is nice and I had confidence when looking to shape a shot or play a controlled shot. One thing i did notice, is i hit into a pretty strong head wind on a par 3 with a 7 iron. I already hit a really high ball but this shot the ball seemed to climb and climb and climb. Almost looked like it climbed 3 times. Came up about 6-7 yards short of the green (pin was front on about 3-4 yards). Now this could be a case of wrong club selection, but it was something that stood out to me. This thing went into orbit! I was a little concerned after that shot that maybe this ball may not suit my ball flight. Didn't have any other issues or concerns after that. 

Wedges played great. Great feel off the face from any distance and held the green really nice. I spun a gap wedge back about 30 ft on a 125yd par 3. So there's no worries with spin if that is what you're looking for. Chipping and pitching the ball would check up nicely. 

Putting is solid also. Ball felt smooth and soft off the face. I felt confident standing over it. Didn't sink as many as I would have liked... but that wasn't the ball!  :D

All round I really like this ball and would recommend for people to give it a go for themselves. 

In saying this, I am about to give Cut, Snell and Bixtar a go, too. If these balls perform the way people say they do, then it's a pretty simple choice. The price disparity is huge - $20 for Cut etc compared to $60ish for ProV, TP5 etc.

Anyways, that's my pretty simple feedback on the TP5x. Looking forward to testing out a few other balls in the coming weeks. 

Joyzee

Attached Images
  • post-76906-0-72355500-1522029635.png
  • post-76906-0-82688600-1522029621.jpeg

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

The player:

Current gamer - Various: Chrome Soft Original, Prov1/Prov1x, Taylormade TPX

Handicap - 8

Trajectory - High

Putter - Taylormade Rossa Fontana Mallet 2010 - Medium feel.

TaylorMade TP5x

Distance - Better

Trajectory - High

Spin - suck back

Feel - Firmer side of "soft"

Durability (1 round) - Like new

Rating - Gamer

Analysis:

I recently cracked open a box of TaylorMade TP5x balls that I got from my daughter for Christmas.

While I can't provide any technical/digital specs at this stage, I can give you some feedback from the course.

I played Northview Canal Course on the 4th of March. It's a higher end course around here so conditions are typically pretty reasonable compared to other courses this time of the year. Off the fairway was boggy but if you kept it on the short stuff there was some roll available. It was a colder than expected day - probably around 38F and a little bit of wind about.

These things FLY! Especially off the tee - Driver and 3 wood. My 3 wood was going deep - 270+ and this is late winter conditions in Vancouver. Couple of drives tipped 300 also. Every time I was on the tee I was giddy with excitement thinking about putting a beat down on that ball! They promoted this ball as adding distance... they may be right!

The iron feel is nice and I had confidence when looking to shape a shot or play a controlled shot. One thing i did notice, is i hit into a pretty strong head wind on a par 3 with a 7 iron. I already hit a really high ball but this shot the ball seemed to climb and climb and climb. Almost looked like it climbed 3 times. Came up about 6-7 yards short of the green (pin was front on about 3-4 yards). Now this could be a case of wrong club selection, but it was something that stood out to me. This thing went into orbit! I was a little concerned after that shot that maybe this ball may not suit my ball flight. Didn't have any other issues or concerns after that.

Wedges played great. Great feel off the face from any distance and held the green really nice. I spun a gap wedge back about 30 ft on a 125yd par 3. So there's no worries with spin if that is what you're looking for. Chipping and pitching the ball would check up nicely.

Putting is solid also. Ball felt smooth and soft off the face. I felt confident standing over it. Didn't sink as many as I would have liked... but that wasn't the ball! :D

All round I really like this ball and would recommend for people to give it a go for themselves.

In saying this, I am about to give Cut, Snell and Bixtar a go, too. If these balls perform the way people say they do, then it's a pretty simple choice. The price disparity is huge - $20 for Cut etc compared to $60ish for ProV, TP5 etc.

Anyways, that's my pretty simple feedback on the TP5x. Looking forward to testing out a few other balls in the coming weeks.

Joyzee

Attached Images

• post-76906-0-72355500-1522029635.png
  • post-76906-0-82688600-1522029621.jpeg
Great feedback been wanting to pick up a sleeve of TP5's. Sounds like a good tee to green ball. Btw. Love the Northview canal course

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Great feedback been wanting to pick up a sleeve of TP5's. Sounds like a good tee to green ball. Btw. Love the Northview canal course

Thanks! They are good that's for sure. Feels good to just smash em! SixOhFore - Love the name haha.

Canal is great. I always used to just play the ridge and didn't entertain Canal at all. That was silly of me as it's a great track! 

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Thanks! They are good that's for sure. Feels good to just smash em! SixOhFore - Love the name haha.

Canal is great. I always used to just play the ridge and didn't entertain Canal at all. That was silly of me as it's a great track!

Where i usually play they keep well stocked

Thank you. Play on words. I use to always play the Ridge as well. Fell in love with the canal and think that will be my course of choice. We should hit up the course sometime.

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Where i usually play they keep well stocked

Thank you. Play on words. I use to always play the Ridge as well. Fell in love with the canal and think that will be my course of choice. We should hit up the course sometime.

For sure! Would love to.

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

The player:
Current gamer - Srixon Z-Star (2017)
Handicap or Ave score - 7.2
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 155y
Trajectory - Mid-High
Putter - Evnroll / ER2

The ball:
Maxfli Softfli

Distance - Same on Irons and putting, less on driver
Trajectory - mid
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - light and hallow
Rating - Won't game at all

Notes or writeup:
My wife loves the matte finish on the Volvik Vivids. While I was browsing at the local Dick's Sporting goods I found these(right now on sale 3 dozen for $30). At that price I bought her 3 dozen. But today, I thought I would take a sleave and compare them to what I play to give the forum some feedback, because at that price they are worth taking a look at. 

The course was very wet today, very very wet. We got 2 inches or rain this week, and even though today was sunny, much of the course was still standing water. Every tee shot was plugged, which made comparing distance pretty easy. I would hit 2 of these and 2 z-stars off the good driving holes and compare. And for me, that is where this ball falls short, literally. On average it was about 20 yards short on drives. I wasn't noticing any distance drop off on my irons or the few hybrids I hit. But on the driver, it was noticeable. It could just be that my swing speed(~100) is too much for this ball. My wife hit a few drives with them and they were just as long as the Vivids she plays, her swing speed is ~70. 

Other than that, they seem pretty good. There weren't as clicky as I was expecting, the ball flight was good and the felt pretty nice off the putter. Given the course conditions I can't really comment on their greenside spin. I hit some 100 yard full swing wedges to compare to my Z-stars. The Z's backed up about 2', these stopped within 4" of where they landed. Again, the greens were really wet, so take what you want from that.

If you like a Matte finish ball, with a driver swing speed in the

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Pictures for the above post, could only figure out how to attach via the app, and I can't edit my previous post. So, best I can do. 20180331_102347.jpg20180331_102824.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

The player:

Current gamer - Srixon Z-Star (2017)

Handicap or Ave score - 7.2

7 iron carry distance with current ball - 155y

Trajectory - Mid-High

Putter - Evnroll / ER2

The ball:

Maxfli Softfli

Distance - Same on Irons and putting, less on driver

Trajectory - mid

Spin - hop & stop

Feel - light and hallow

Rating - Won't game at all

Notes or writeup:

My wife loves the matte finish on the Volvik Vivids. While I was browsing at the local Dick's Sporting goods I found these(right now on sale 3 dozen for $30). At that price I bought her 3 dozen. But today, I thought I would take a sleave and compare them to what I play to give the forum some feedback, because at that price they are worth taking a look at.

The course was very wet today, very very wet. We got 2 inches or rain this week, and even though today was sunny, much of the course was still standing water. Every tee shot was plugged, which made comparing distance pretty easy. I would hit 2 of these and 2 z-stars off the good driving holes and compare. And for me, that is where this ball falls short, literally. On average it was about 20 yards short on drives. I wasn't noticing any distance drop off on my irons or the few hybrids I hit. But on the driver, it was noticeable. It could just be that my swing speed(~100) is too much for this ball. My wife hit a few drives with them and they were just as long as the Vivids she plays, her swing speed is ~70.

Other than that, they seem pretty good. There weren't as clicky as I was expecting, the ball flight was good and the felt pretty nice off the putter. Given the course conditions I can't really comment on their greenside spin. I hit some 100 yard full swing wedges to compare to my Z-stars. The Z's backed up about 2', these stopped within 4" of where they landed. Again, the greens were really wet, so take what you want from that.

If you like a Matte finish ball, with a driver swing speed in the

Nice write up, mate. I always see these at the local golf store and considered grabbing some when they were on sale. Doesn't sound like it would be for me though!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Looks like I'll get another “unofficial” shot to review some Snell balls. I wasn't too kind last time in the official review. (Spoiler: They just didn't work for me...) I'm willing to be open minded, however, when two dozen freebies show up on my doorstep with a new PuttOut!! Now I have one for each end of the putting mat!! #winning!IMG_5059.PNG

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

• 2 weeks later...
Vice Tour: A Review

Gugu1YC.jpg

I suppose I should get a baseline down of my impressions before eventually reviewing other balls. A quick backround might be important.

I played very seriously when I was younger, to the point of making the Varsity team while in middle school (private K-12). My peak game was approaching scratch golf senior year of high school and entering college. My university didn't have a team, so when it came to golf and suddenly have to pay my own way it fell by the wayside. Recently, through the influence of a coworker, I got back into a "good walk spoiled" and am starting the journey back to playing well. Previously, my biggest strength was the short game and my weak link was control (specifically distance) on my irons. All of this was nearly 12 years ago.

Current gamer - Vice Tour

Handicap - 15ish (and trending down)

7 iron carry - 165

Trajectory - mid/high

Putter - Cleveland Huntington Beach 3

The ball: Vice Tour

Distance - baseline review

Trajectory - mid/high

Spin - dead stop to 2-4 feet of back up, depending

Feel - solid but not harsh

Durability (1 round) - occasional scuffs

Rating - current gamer

Thoughts:

No doubt you know Vice's MO. Great balls at lower prices because they are direct to consumer. Consider me a fan. I used their ball selector and ended up with the tour. This was shortly after my first round back in January and I shot a 108 on an easy course (Jurupa Hills CC). I decided to order some new balls and saw enough good information to order the Vice Tour's. I've been working on my game lately and have shot as low as an 80 (Oak Quarry, with a couple mulligans. Probably closer to a 85 if played properly).

Even as my game progresses I'm not sure if I'd move on, the ball delivers what I want. Feel is consistent, even mishits are OK enough. Doesn't spin too much as to throw you into another fairway off the tee or back up off the green if struck appropriately. My one complaint is the cover. It is very possible to (not insignificantly) scuff the cover on a wedge shot where you are aiming for more than usual backspin. 

Off the tee: Solid with drives. Nothing crazy but I'm happy with the length.

Iron play: great amount of check when hitting the green.

Around the green: Good backspin but not too much

Putting: feels soft enough, built in alignment line is a plus

I like the premarked alignment logo, the feel, the predictability, the aesthetic, the price, and basically everything else. I would highly recommend the Vice Tour to those looking to save some money while improving their game.

I'm interested in the new balls from Snell, KSig's, and going back to my previous brand Titleist, but what initially sold me on Vice was a combination of the price and the graphic design. I am vain about certain things, I'm not sure why. I love the Vice logo and am looking forward to trying other models of theirs as I get back to what I know I'm capable of.

Image of scuffs:

1VlOu4P.jpg

Scuffed vs Unplayed

2LEcR3j.jpg

Putter Address:

VxLkisN.jpg

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

• 2 weeks later...

The player:

Oh, it's me, Bergtaur. I enjoy the golfs.

Current gamer - Maxfli U6LC/Srixon Q Star Tour
Handicap - 9.4, hopefully trending downward
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 158
Trajectory - mid
Putter - Nickent Pipe 001, firm insert

The ball:
Top-Flite Gamer Tour, circa 2016 version

Distance - pretty similiar
Trajectory - mid
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - firm
Durability (1 round) - scuffed but playable
Rating - Casual

Notes or writeup:

So, I can already hear some of you rolling your eyes through that monitor. Bergtaur, why would I, a smart and informed golfer, be caught using a Top-Flite ball? Well, loyal reader, because if you're looking for a decent ball that performs pretty well at a solid price point, you could do a hell of alot worse. (review proving my point coming maybe next week to this thread). I've put a few rounds under my belt with these bad boys until my game gets into good shape, and they hit all my marks. DIstance and spin are no different that most other quality urethane golf balls I've used in the past. They go where I want, how far I'd expect, and react pretty similarly on the greens.

Now, for those of you who prefer a slightly softer sound off the face, these may not be for you are they do play a bit firm, likely in the 90's on the compression scale if I had to guess. The other downside to the ball is the cover. I do believe in the dimple in dimple tech for stability, but it scuffs pretty simple. I know that may not come as a surprise, but scars are noticeable after 5-8 holes. Still good enough for me to play, but your mileage may vary.

The winning thing for this ball though has to be price. We're talking about a solid three-piece urethane covered golf ball that you can currently buy from the Dick's Sporting Goods website for 2 dozen for $30. Don't want to invest for two dozen? You can buy sleeves at brick and mortar stores for $3.47, with tax just under $4 a sleeve. Now, onto you're final question, who is this ball for? Well, when I worked for Dick's I would recommend it to players who weren't yet "players", the guy who was ready to move from whatever ball to something that could perform a bit better but didn't want to break the bank. I think there's also value for people like me who are looking for an early season ball to bust out that'll play like your good/gamer balls but your swing isn't there yet early in the season.

In all, give 'em a try. You never know until you do.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Yesterday my Cut scooted into the woods and I found a Hogan ball. Said The Hawk. Never played them and know less about them. But I finished my round with it, 4 holes, and it played really well. What's the info on these balls? Where do I get more? If cheap I'd love to take them to Muscle Shoals in a few weeks.

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I read somewhere that the Gamer Tour is the Hex Chrome with a different cover.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know the rumors that TM is coming out with a new line of TP5 balls?  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

• 2 weeks later...

A new review from your guy Bergtaur... here you go!

The player:

Handicap - 9.1, hopefully trending downward, it's down .3 from the last review!
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 158
Trajectory - mid

The ball:
The Titleist Tour Soft, Yellow

Distance - a touch longer, like 5 yards.
Trajectory - mid
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - soft
Rating - Casual +

Notes or writeup:

Ok, this is it. My big ball review of the spring. The Titleist Tour Soft. Much was made of the ads surrounding this ball, much was made of the comparisons and claims Titleist made about this ball and other competing brands. Well, I'm here to tell you that Titleist has made a very solid ball that has a lot of appeal to a wide swath of golfers, in my opinion.

I put 3 rounds into this ball and at first I was not a huge fan. I used it for 9 holes on the first round of the year expecting it to help with its soft feel. It did, but my swing was so out of wack that I never got along with it. I gave one of the balls to a friend I was playing with, he plays off a 18 and is older. He found the ball to be enjoyable. Smash cut to last weekend. Got the ball out for another skins game with my swing feeling better and the ball performed admirably. Holed out for an Eagle 2 on a short par 4, hit it to 3 feet on a par 3. One under through 6. Playing some solid golf and the ball was the belle of the ball.  However, and maybe a story for the rant thread, after letting a group play through on 8, who were only playing 9 and called the starter on our fivesome despite not having to wait, my ball which was in the left rough was nowhere to be found, those jerks.

So, let's go over the positives of the Tour Soft. First, it's soft... like DT TruSoft soft. I know for some that's a bit of a turnoff, but I like to play with lower compression as it helps reduce my sidespin numbers. Second, because it's soft, you can really give it a go. I was likely around 5 yards longer with the irons and maybe 7-9 yards longer with the driver. Part of that may be that my swing was on for it only being round 3 of the year, but the ball was moving through space. Three, it's very easy to control the ball. The tolerances Titleist builds to leads to a very consistent golf ball and the Tour Soft is definitely that. Consistent reaction off the wedges and around the green. Fourth, the cover. A lot was made of Titleist offering a non-urethane covered ball at a premium price point, but this cover is legit. Lastly, durability. The cover held up beautifully for the 25+ holes I put on it with shots of trees, hard full swing wedges, and others.

Then why is it only a Casual+ type golf ball? Two major drawbacks. First, feel of the putter face. Maybe it's a personal thing, but it just felt dead and really hard for me to feel my distances off the face of my putter. Perhaps it's the fact it was a two-piece ball, perhaps it was the low compression, but it just never felt right coming off the face of the putter and it cost me some shots in my round with some bad three putts from distance. Second, and I know this isn't supposed to factor in, but price does matter. A quick search shows you can snag the NXT Tour, Q-Star Tour, E6, Project A, and older versions of the Chrome Soft and the Tour B330 for the same of less than the Tour Soft from Titleist in brick and mortar stores, and of course the wide selection of online ball choices from Snell, Vice, Cut, OnCore, etc. Are you getting as good a ball as those for the money? I personally don't think so, but you may. All this is subjective of course. But, I know my two ball trial sleeve was free  and fun to play, but it didn't make me want to go to the store and spend my hard earned cash on the ball.

So, in all, Titleist has made a very playable 2 piece golf ball that performs in a way that most players would enjoy. However, because of cost I can't fully have it replace my gaming balls, but it's definitely one to try if you can get your hands on one.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

The ball:

I have been really wondering about this ball and can't find anyone that has tried it.  Glad to hear there is some performance to go with the hype.  Thanks for checking them out and taking the time to write a review. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

The player:

Handicap - 9.1, hopefully trending downward, it's down .3 from the last review!

Trajectory - mid

The ball:

Distance - a touch longer, like 5 yards.

Trajectory - mid

Spin - hop & stop

Feel - soft

Rating - Casual +

Notes or writeup:

Ok, this is it. My big ball review of the spring. The Titleist Tour Soft. Much was made of the ads surrounding this ball, much was made of the comparisons and claims Titleist made about this ball and other competing brands. Well, I'm here to tell you that Titleist has made a very solid ball that has a lot of appeal to a wide swath of golfers, in my opinion.

I put 3 rounds into this ball and at first I was not a huge fan. I used it for 9 holes on the first round of the year expecting it to help with its soft feel. It did, but my swing was so out of wack that I never got along with it. I gave one of the balls to a friend I was playing with, he plays off a 18 and is older. He found the ball to be enjoyable. Smash cut to last weekend. Got the ball out for another skins game with my swing feeling better and the ball performed admirably. Holed out for an Eagle 2 on a short par 4, hit it to 3 feet on a par 3. One under through 6. Playing some solid golf and the ball was the belle of the ball. However, and maybe a story for the rant thread, after letting a group play through on 8, who were only playing 9 and called the starter on our fivesome despite not having to wait, my ball which was in the left rough was nowhere to be found, those jerks.

So, let's go over the positives of the Tour Soft. First, it's soft... like DT TruSoft soft. I know for some that's a bit of a turnoff, but I like to play with lower compression as it helps reduce my sidespin numbers. Second, because it's soft, you can really give it a go. I was likely around 5 yards longer with the irons and maybe 7-9 yards longer with the driver. Part of that may be that my swing was on for it only being round 3 of the year, but the ball was moving through space. Three, it's very easy to control the ball. The tolerances Titleist builds to leads to a very consistent golf ball and the Tour Soft is definitely that. Consistent reaction off the wedges and around the green. Fourth, the cover. A lot was made of Titleist offering a non-urethane covered ball at a premium price point, but this cover is legit. Lastly, durability. The cover held up beautifully for the 25+ holes I put on it with shots of trees, hard full swing wedges, and others.

Then why is it only a Casual+ type golf ball? Two major drawbacks. First, feel of the putter face. Maybe it's a personal thing, but it just felt dead and really hard for me to feel my distances off the face of my putter. Perhaps it's the fact it was a two-piece ball, perhaps it was the low compression, but it just never felt right coming off the face of the putter and it cost me some shots in my round with some bad three putts from distance. Second, and I know this isn't supposed to factor in, but price does matter. A quick search shows you can snag the NXT Tour, Q-Star Tour, E6, Project A, and older versions of the Chrome Soft and the Tour B330 for the same of less than the Tour Soft from Titleist in brick and mortar stores, and of course the wide selection of online ball choices from Snell, Vice, Cut, OnCore, etc. Are you getting as good a ball as those for the money? I personally don't think so, but you may. All this is subjective of course. But, I know my two ball trial sleeve was free and fun to play, but it didn't make me want to go to the store and spend my hard earned cash on the ball.

So, in all, Titleist has made a very playable 2 piece golf ball that performs in a way that most players would enjoy. However, because of cost I can't fully have it replace my gaming balls, but it's definitely one to try if you can get your hands on one.

Nice job!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The player:

Oh, it's me, Bergtaur. I enjoy the golfs.

Handicap - 9.4, hopefully trending downward

Trajectory - mid

The ball:

Top-Flite Gamer Tour, circa 2016 version

Distance - pretty similiar

Trajectory - mid

Spin - hop & stop

Feel - firm

Durability (1 round) - scuffed but playable

Rating - Casual

Notes or writeup:

So, I can already hear some of you rolling your eyes through that monitor. Bergtaur, why would I, a smart and informed golfer, be caught using a Top-Flite ball? Well, loyal reader, because if you're looking for a decent ball that performs pretty well at a solid price point, you could do a hell of alot worse. (review proving my point coming maybe next week to this thread). I've put a few rounds under my belt with these bad boys until my game gets into good shape, and they hit all my marks. DIstance and spin are no different that most other quality urethane golf balls I've used in the past. They go where I want, how far I'd expect, and react pretty similarly on the greens.

Now, for those of you who prefer a slightly softer sound off the face, these may not be for you are they do play a bit firm, likely in the 90's on the compression scale if I had to guess. The other downside to the ball is the cover. I do believe in the dimple in dimple tech for stability, but it scuffs pretty simple. I know that may not come as a surprise, but scars are noticeable after 5-8 holes. Still good enough for me to play, but your mileage may vary.

The winning thing for this ball though has to be price. We're talking about a solid three-piece urethane covered golf ball that you can currently buy from the Dick's Sporting Goods website for 2 dozen for $30. Don't want to invest for two dozen? You can buy sleeves at brick and mortar stores for $3.47, with tax just under $4 a sleeve. Now, onto you're final question, who is this ball for? Well, when I worked for Dick's I would recommend it to players who weren't yet "players", the guy who was ready to move from whatever ball to something that could perform a bit better but didn't want to break the bank. I think there's also value for people like me who are looking for an early season ball to bust out that'll play like your good/gamer balls but your swing isn't there yet early in the season.

In all, give 'em a try. You never know until you do.

I tried these balls and loved them.  The sale was Buy One Get one so 4 dozen for $40, cheaper than KSig 3 piece.  All the distance I wanted and go for the pin on the short game.  I don't fear throwing these into the woods or the pond, so they have increased by confidence.  Sounds silly, but losing the ball was a real thought on the course. At