TESTERS WANTED! ×

MYGOLFSPY MASTER GOLF BALL REVIEW THREAD

The Dansome

I bought a couple doz Z-Stars, used but AAAA mint. Most are pretty newish.

played them today and was quite happy.

Really close to the CS as you say.

I did have a few really long drives today though, where a CS never went.

Tomorrow, I'll try the XV version.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 4 months later...

The ball : Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Wilson 's newest 60 compression urethane golf ball. 

Current gamer : Ksig

Distance
Distance for irons, wedges, putters woods is exactly what I expect it to be, more or less within the same as the ksig. I think for my woods specifically, it is the best distance ball I've ever hit. 

For my driver, I lose 23 on average, thanks to shot scope keeping track of these things for me. Which.... Is really odd. I haven't used this ball on a launch monitor, but I have a guess as to what might be going on. I have pretty low driver spin normally, I struggle to get above 2k rpm, and normally I'm in the 1500-1800 range. I think this ball is so good at lowering driver spin that I'm probably in the 800-1200 range and it just falls out of the sky on me. 

Trajectory - mid
Same as my current ball. 

Spin

Hop & stop - high spin but not coming back 5 feet
It has noticeably less spin than the ksigs on iron and wedge shots. To compare I hit some full 120y wedges onto a green, ksigs pulled back 5-7 feet, Wilson pulled back 5-7 inches. 

Feel - soft
It feels great, not mushy, not clicky, really the ball feels great. 

Durability (3 rounds) - like new. The only mark on it was from a drive landing on a cart path. And even that is minimal and came on the first of 3 rounds. Durability seems excellent. 

Rating
Gamer - maybe. I'm very conflicted about this ball. I love everything about it except my drive distance. I'm actually averaging 3 more yards with my 5 wood as opposed to my driver with this ball... But I'm scoring great. I'm also playing it in HI-Vis green, and it that alone has made golf more pleasant this winter. It is so easy to spot from anywhere, I think I could see it on the moon. Finding it plugged hasn't been a problem at all. With the ksig, I'm often hunting for them this time of year. I haven't had to look for this ball at all this winter. Incredibly nice. 

Notes or writeup
I love this ball, but I'm not sure my ego will let me play it only because of my driver distance loss. I'd highly recommend trying this ball. If you want to lower your driver spin, I think it could really help. It feels great, it's easy to spot and is very durable. If you already have low driver spin... Maybe you like hitting your 5 wood further than your driver anyway and this will be perfect. 

20190126_144150.jpg

20190126_141541.jpg

20190126_145050.jpg

Edited by Thin2win
Added compression rating and cover material

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Nice write up but I don't or didn't see you mention what type of cover this ball has. Kind of important IMO. I'm assuming a surlyn of some flavor. Not urethane I guess. Too lazy to look it up myself.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Nice review.  I like their alignment stripe, bold and of good size with a positive message "professional". 👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Nice write up but I don't or didn't see you mention what type of cover this ball has. Kind of important IMO. I'm assuming a surlyn of some flavor. Not urethane I guess. Too lazy to look it up myself.

Edited to include compression and cover material

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nice review.  I like their alignment stripe, bold and of good size with a positive message "professional". 👍

I use the "professional" for all my putts. It is clear, and definitely effective. The positive mental thought before putting can't hurt either. 

20190126_144754.jpg

WITB:

• 1 month later...

Outside of being a 5 or better handicap, this is a very hard product to test. May why most of us are not as good is because we struggle with consistency. So hitting a consistent shots over and over to judge a ball can be tough. Judging a ball on the green can be easier but can also be skewed if you use a putter with an insert for feel. For me personally, it takes a few rounds to notice a difference in the ball i am using. I cannot play Callaway balls for some reason; maybe too soft and spin too much...

Tough product testing for these guys

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

Photo courtesy of the interwebs: 

HZEsoyY.jpg

The player:
Current gamer - Titleist Pro V1x / Taylormade TP5x
Handicap or Ave score - 8hdcp
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 175
Trajectory - mid/high
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The ball:
2019 OnCore Elixr

Distance - Same or slightly less (wind was swirling, hard to tell)
Trajectory - high
Spin - stop or spin back
Feel - soft
Durability (1 round) - very good
Rating - Casual

Notes or writeup:
So since OnCore had a giveaway and I received my free sleeve, I figured the least I could do would be a short review of my impressions. Overall I am quite happy with the performance. It seemed to launch pretty high and wasn't terribly affected by some of the surprisingly strong winds I ended up playing in. The feel off the clubface was a bit too soft for my preferences, even though it performed similarly to some high end balls.

Distance seemed good, I was lucky enough to be playing alone after work so I could hit 2 balls. On two seemingly well struck balls the Taylormade (TP5 this day) I was playing went ever so further, which seems impressive considering how soft off the face the OnCore felt.

My biggest gripe, as embarrassing as it is to admit, is the aesthetics. In my humblest, uneducated opinion, the graphics on the ball are not pleasing to the eye at all. I feel silly for saying this, but it translated to not having much confidence in standing over the ball, it just looks cheap - despite how well it performed.

If you are interested in the Elixr and the design on the ball is not important to you, I would not hesitate to recommend this ball. Until the logo is changed, shrunk, or something else, I wouldn't buy these balls for myself.

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

2 hours ago, mellow said:

My biggest gripe, as embarrassing as it is to admit, is the aesthetics. In my humblest, uneducated opinion, the graphics on the ball are not pleasing to the eye at all. I feel silly for saying this, but it translated to not having much confidence in standing over the ball, it just looks cheap - despite how well it performed.

If you are interested in the Elixr and the design on the ball is not important to you, I would not hesitate to recommend this ball. Until the logo is changed, shrunk, or something else, I wouldn't buy these balls for myself.

I love the Elixr, it's my game ball at the moment, and I agree with you on the logo. It's the second "C" that gets me the most for some reason, and red numbers above the text looks too blocky / stand out-ish (The grey numbers are great by comparison, but I'd be all for a simple black number). I feel like if it was limited to the "O" it'd be more acceptable to my eye. 

image.png.e68181ec083366fe00fa749dd1a66fa7.png

Putting and off the tee I have to align it so I see little to none of the logo/numbers. Beyond the logo, I do like the lines bordering "Elixr" on the side. They've served well for alignment and I no longer have to use a maker to add lines.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I use the "professional" for all my putts. It is clear, and definitely effective. The positive mental thought before putting can't hurt either. 
20190126_144754.jpg.b3cdc581e59f62d8bf90576269da7d91.jpg

I played these today for 6 holes as I tested other balls. Loved them. Longest off the tees for me and straight as an arrow. Struggled putting them but I struggled putting with every ball I used today. Probably be my gamer when this tourney starts on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• 1 month later...

The player:
Current gamer - PoV1
Handicap or Ave score - 6
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 150
Trajectory - high
Putter - Odyssey metalX-1

The ball:
Name of ball- Snell MTB 2018

Distance - 5-7 yards more
Trajectory - a bit lower
Spin - stops on proper strike, some release
Feel - firm
Durability (1 round) - like new
Rating - Gamer

First, I am a Titliest guy through the bag  Have played 12 rounds with MTB. A bit longer, a bit less spin than PoV1. Played ProV1 for 10 years(60 round/year). Snell compares very favorably for $20/ dozen less and is what I play now. A well struck short iron stops, mid/long iron releases 6 ft. Pro V1 would have backed up 3, and stopped on longer irons, so I am good with that for price. I do not lose many balls and I have retired a few after 3 rounds that still look good. It is difficult for me to distinguish between the two. For $5/ dz less, would probably stay ProV— for $22/dz less, Snell’s my ball

“Golf does not build character, it reveals it”

• Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Diamana D+ 60 stiff
  • Fairway: Titleist 913F Diamana D+82 stiff
  • Hybrid: Titleist 913H Diamana D+92 stiff
  • Irons: Titleist AP1 714 Aerotech i95 stiff
  • Wedges: Volkey SM5 50*55*60* True Temper S300
  • Putter: Tour X
  • Ball: Snell MTB

Its funny how everything seems to get compared to the PV1 right?

I bought 50 5A pro V's off ebay and have been playing them for the last few rounds. The reason everything is being compared to them is that theyre just a really good ball. Id never pay $48 for a dozen under any corcumstance tho- But a dollar a ball off ebay? Hella yes.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 7/31/2018 at 1:03 PM, Wedgie said:

I'd say they odds of your wife out driving me off the tee are much greater than having this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve heard a lot about the Kirkland balls. I’m searching through the form of ball reviews and can’t find one yet. I wonder what people think about it On my golf spy.

• 1 month later...

I just played the snell MTBX the other day. My average drive for the year (15 rounds) was 187 yards. My avegage on this round was 221 yards. I wasn't hitting the ball any better either. So far very, very impressed. I had been playing Bridgestone E5 and Wilson Duo Urethane prior.

:titelist-small: 917 D2 - 10.5 

:ping-small: G 5 wood

:ping-small: G 7 wood

:ping-small: G400 4 Hybrid

:ping-small: G400 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Apex PW-6I - Recoil shafts

:Hogan: Equalizer SW 

:callaway-small: MacDaddy C Grind 60 Degree Lob Wedge

Tommy Armour Impact #3 Mallet

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 2:59 PM, Wedgie said:

I played these today for 6 holes as I tested other balls. Loved them. Longest off the tees for me and straight as an arrow. Struggled putting them but I struggled putting with every ball I used today. Probably be my gamer when this tourney starts on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I thought I would circle back to you months later and see if you are still gaming these? You said you were getting good distance with them, while I noticed I wasn't. After the big ball test I can see that again, playing the ball that works for you is the important part, but that these did fall on the shorter side of carry.

Just wondering if you were still playing them. 

WITB:

Just now, Thin2win said:

I thought I would circle back to you months later and see if you are still gaming these? You said you were getting good distance with them, while I noticed I wasn't. After the big ball test I can see that again, playing the ball that works for you is the important part, but that these did fall on the shorter side of carry.

Just wondering if you were still playing them. 

I am not mainly because of the ball test that MGS did that had me start wondering if something firmer may be a better fit.  I am currently testing the MTB-X and from the Wilson I went to the Z Star prior to that.  My longest drive of the year is with the Wilson Pro but I have found firmer balls for me to be more accurate off the tee and I putt much better.  Not much of a difference distance wise off the tee for any of these balls.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• 2 weeks later...
Photo courtesy of the interwebs: 
HZEsoyY.jpg

The player:
Current gamer - Titleist Pro V1x / Taylormade TP5x
Handicap or Ave score - 8hdcp
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 175
Trajectory - mid/high
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The ball:
2019 OnCore Elixr

Distance - Same or slightly less (wind was swirling, hard to tell)
Trajectory - high
Spin - stop or spin back
Feel - soft
Durability (1 round) - very good
Rating - Casual

Notes or writeup:
So since OnCore had a giveaway and I received my free sleeve, I figured the least I could do would be a short review of my impressions. Overall I am quite happy with the performance. It seemed to launch pretty high and wasn't terribly affected by some of the surprisingly strong winds I ended up playing in. The feel off the clubface was a bit too soft for my preferences, even though it performed similarly to some high end balls.

Distance seemed good, I was lucky enough to be playing alone after work so I could hit 2 balls. On two seemingly well struck balls the Taylormade (TP5 this day) I was playing went ever so further, which seems impressive considering how soft off the face the OnCore felt.

I sent for the “free” sleeve as well. Posted my review vs Mizuno RB Tour X today.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

OnCore Elixr / Mizuno RB Tour X: Answered OnCore’s advert for a sleeve of Elixr. Had a sleeve of the Mizzy’s that@MotorCityKitty had given me a few weeks ago. (Free half dozen? I’m IN!!) Played each for nine consecutive holes earlier this week. Certainly not a “scientific” test, just my own perception of how the balls performed for me on one particular day.

OnCore Elixr was more accurate off the tee, although Mizuno RB Tour X was a little longer. (Measured with a combination of laser & GPS data.) This seems to correlate to the data from the MyGolfSpy ball tests: Mizuno a little longer with higher spin rates.

IMG_6453.thumb.JPG.463fd7b0ee975b9b6d6bba979003e2b5.JPG

Card said “307” (uphill approx 40’) but laser said “257” . In any case, a driver just off the green at that distance for a chip/kick-in birdie works every time!

Felt like the OnCore was more responsive off the irons, especially wedges as well. That feeling, as well as the perception that the OnCore flew more on my intended line doesn’t seem to follow the data from the ball test, but that was my observation on the golf course.

IMG_6452.thumb.JPG.7ff9a25b05f4fe870c23cd122010701b.JPG

Sharp dogleg left. 4 hybrid a bit around the corner, PW spun back about four feet. This green also elevated; maybe 20 feet above the fairway.

Could not discern much difference on the putting green except that Mizuno had a more distinctive “click” at impact. Gives the impression that the cover of the OnCore is “softer”. Putting with a milled SS putter, no insert. Both covers are Urethane, the Mizuno injection molded while the OnCore is cast. Someone much smarter than myself would have to tell me if that could make a difference.

All things being equal, I’d play the OnCore every day and be happy. The Mizuno is a fine ball, but I didn’t prefer it, and at $42.99/dz I can find SEVERAL other much more cost effective options to play.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

• 1 month later...

The player:
Current gamer - Bridgestone B330RX
Handicap or Ave score - 100
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 145y
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Wilson from my starter set I bought when I first started playing.

I've got 2 balls I've tried out this year and wanted to give my feedback on both.

The ball:
Bridgestone Tour B RX

Distance - Less (inconsistency)
Trajectory - Mid
Spin - release some
Feel - Soft
Durability (1 round) - like new, only played 4 holes with them the first day. Went back and played a full round with them about 2 weeks later.
Rating - Casual - If I lose my other balls during a round.

Notes or writeup:
I'm a causal golfer, I play about 10-15 times a year, just to give you an idea of my game. I've been playing with the B330RX's for about 2 years after trying out a number of balls. I always liked how they felt of my irons and driver, and I felt like I've been the most consistent with them. The B330RX where always a little firm around the green and anything under 100 yards. They run up a little much for my liking, but I got used to them and would just play a little bit shorter. The Tour B RX where a lot better around the green and those short yardage plays, but that was about it. Off the tee and out of the fairway, the ball felt way softer and I was way less consistent with the ball, yardage and accuracy. I have a good draw to my swing, I'm right handed, and I found myself further to the right in most shots that I would have like to have been. Most of the time I was in the rough or against the tree line. The ball flew off the face to the right like normal, but it would never come back to the middle. The ball would just go right off the face and then stay there. I had really high hopes for this ball after using the B330 series for so long, but it feels like a completely different ball. Too soft for my liking with my driver all the way down to the middle irons. And the flight path was never really consistent like it was with the B330RX.

The ball:
Bridgestone e12 Soft

Distance - Same
Trajectory - Mid
Spin - Hop & Stop
Feel - Mushy
Durability (1 round) - like new, 2 full rounds, lost a few of them.
Rating - Won't game at all

Notes or writeup:
I tried a set of the e12's after doing the ball tester on the Bridgestone website. The first 2 holes I thought that I may have found my new go to ball, but I was sadly mistaken. 2 rounds later and I gave my remaining 3 sleeves of these to my buddy who likes them. These felt really soft off any club, and it's not something I like the feel of, but I thought it made my game better, then I'd give them a go. Off the 3rd tee they really started to show their teeth to my swing. I've never seen a really soft side-spin as much as these did, and have the weirdest flight path I've ever seen. The flight was great off the face until about 75% through the shot, and then that last 25% made no sense to me. They came out a little bit lower, then rose to normal height which had a good draw, then coming down these suckers started to hook and hook fiercely. If I aimed down the middle, the ball would land left middle of the fairway and either roll to the far left edge or into the rough. I noticed myself in the 2nd round with these, aiming towards the right side of the fair to get them to stay in the fairway, and sometimes that wasn't even enough. And even in my short clubs, there was a ton of side spin. With my 8 iron on 2 par 3's around 125 yards, both balls landed in the center of the green and then rolling off the left side of the green. I've never had this much side spin in such a soft ball. I thought after doing the ball test thing on the Bridgestone website, it would give me the correct ball, but those aren't for me.

Final Thoughts:
After using Bridgestone for a couple of years, I thought I had found my brand of golf balls, or at least series. I haven't gave up on the brand yet, and have a few different series of balls to try out my next couple of rounds. I've bought 1 sleeve of each of the following to try: Bridgestone Tour B XS, Bridgestone Tour B RXS, and Snell MTB Black. I will give my feedback on those after a couple of rounds.

• 7 months later...

The player:

Current gamer - Maxfli Tour (Matte Green) 
Handicap or Ave score - 6.8
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 165y
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER2

The test ball : Sweetshot SS plus 90 

20200317_151010.thumb.jpg.5dfa8db1cba36cb938a965cc7a441cbe.jpg

Distance
I found this ball to have near identical distance on the putting green. But the further you get from the green the distance loss becomes increasingly noticeable. About 5 yards less on 100 approach shots up to about 30y less on drives. 

Trajectory - high, mid, low
Mid trajectory, really a nice ball flight. Lower trajectory than the Maxfli Tour, very steep decent angle. 

Spin
Roll out - there's no coming back... But, it comes down so steep that it stops really well on full shots. On pitches around the green it really rolls out. 

Feel -  mushy
I wasn't able to determine the compression of this ball, but it really feels butter smooth, best feeling ball on full irons I've hit in a long time. A little hallow feeling on drives. 

Durability (1 round) - most durable ball ever, 52 years old and other than slight discoloration, looks brand new. No scuffs after untold rounds. 

Rating
Casual - would play again if given or found

Notes or writeup
Obviously this ball isn't the latest and greatest. It was a range bucket rescue, and I'm really glad I snagged it. The only print ad I can find for it claims that it was made by accushnet in the 1950's. And has a surlyn cover and it was fun to play. 

I figured there would be more distance loss than there was honestly. It definitely isn't a distance ball, but... It isn't bad, I basically tried a 10% less ball some ruling bodies have discussed, it wasn't game breaking. Golf was still fun. 

Maybe some of you out there gamed this ball in the past. I would absolutely still golf if this was the only approved ball. 

WITB:

The player:
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER2
Distance
I found this ball to have near identical distance on the putting green. But the further you get from the green the distance loss becomes increasingly noticeable. About 5 yards less on 100 approach shots up to about 30y less on drives. 

Mid trajectory, really a nice ball flight. Lower trajectory than the Maxfli Tour, very steep decent angle. 

Spin
Roll out - there's no coming back... But, it comes down so steep that it stops really well on full shots. On pitches around the green it really rolls out. 

Feel -  mushy
I wasn't able to determine the compression of this ball, but it really feels butter smooth, best feeling ball on full irons I've hit in a long time. A little hallow feeling on drives. 

Durability (1 round) - most durable ball ever, 52 years old and other than slight discoloration, looks brand new. No scuffs after untold rounds. 

Rating

Notes or writeup
Obviously this ball isn't the latest and greatest. It was a range bucket rescue, and I'm really glad I snagged it. The only print ad I can find for it claims that it was made by accushnet in the 1950's. And has a surlyn cover and it was fun to play. 
I figured there would be more distance loss than there was honestly. It definitely isn't a distance ball, but... It isn't bad, I basically tried a 10% less ball some ruling bodies have discussed, it wasn't game breaking. Golf was still fun. 
Maybe some of you out there gamed this ball in the past. I would absolutely still golf if this was the only approved ball. 

Interesting review, thanks

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The player:
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER2
Distance

Spin

Feel -  mushy

Rating

Notes or writeup

Loved the review and I laughed out loud over the distance part. Thank you for getting ahead of the curve and letting all us hackers know how the 2021 Most Wanted winner performs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

The player:
Current gamer - Titleist AVX
Handicap or Ave score - 1
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 180
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - 2010 Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The ball:
Titleist -Prov1x (Left Dash)

Distance - More with driver, similar with irons 
Trajectory - High
Spin - Less with driver, hop and stop with mid-irons, checks up nicely around the green
Feel - FIRM!!!
Durability (1 round) - Like New
Rating - Gamer

Notes or writeup:
I was excited to try this ball when it came to market. My original gamer was Prov1X but was convinced to switch to AVX last year due to high spin off the tee and through my mid irons. If we were playing in the slightest wind the Prov1x would just climb a mile resulting in very inconsistent yardages, but I did love it around the greens. Although the AVX's lower trajectory and spin were a solution to those problems, I really couldn't stand how mushy the ball felt. AVX had a lot more rollout going into greens and wasn't nearly as predictable as Prov1x. Definitely will have to see how Left Dash plays in the wind but for now it seems like the perfect combination between AVX and Prov1X. Another plus was that I was able to get a full round in and the ball wasn't chewed haha. Anyways, it will be nice to see what more people think about the Left Dash, surprisingly it seems like a lot of the reviews I've read have been quite positive from players with both high and low swing speeds. Looks like Titleist might have got it right here. 

Ping G410 Plus 9 degree - Ventus Blue 7x

Titleist TS3 Hybrid 19 degree - Tour AD 105x

Taylormade P790 3 Iron - Dynamic Gold x100

Mizuno MP-20 4-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 (4-8) s400 (9-PW)

Callaway Jaws 50,56 degree - Dynamic Gold s400

Callaway PM grind 60 degree- Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

Taylormade Spider-X 

Titleist AVX

• 3 weeks later...

This is FANTASTIC. Will be submitting for PROV1 when I can get out!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 2 months later...

The player:

Current Gamer: Srixon Q Star Tour

Average score: 110

7 iron average carry: 150 yards

Ball flight: Mid to high

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball

The ball:

Quantix F18 Tour

Distance: Same

Trajectory: Mid to high mid

Spin: Release 

Feel: firm

Durability after 18: Did not last 18 holes.  Attached is a picture of one that was bladed by a 56⁰ wedge and ended up with a near Balatta smile.  Non bladed balls did as well as could be asked of. 

Rating: Avoid

Notes: Greens were hard enough that an 8 iron shot on a par 3 did not leave a ball mark.  This likely contributed to the release and not a hop and stop like I expected.  Unlike a true Balatta smile, the crack was fairly small, but the black outline completed the smile shape.  The crack can be felt by finger nail.

20200619_114914.jpg

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour