TESTERS WANTED! ×

MYGOLFSPY MASTER GOLF BALL REVIEW THREAD

The Dansome

I wish there was a way to purchase older model pro v1's. For me the version they had in 2013 was great. It's almost disappointing they tweek them every year

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know LostGolfBalls goes back as far as 2014, if you had any interest in that year's model.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I know LostGolfBalls goes back as far as 2014, if you had any interest in that year's model.

Are they new or used. I'll check it out though. Thank you for the recommendation

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• SPY VIP

I see a Wilson Staff in the initial post have you tested those yet?

That ball is like a 5 year old version of the FG Tour, I haven't tried any of the new stuff.

Sent from my LG-H812 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• 2 weeks later...

The player

Current gamer - Bridgestone 330

Ave score - 80

7 iron distance with current ball -170y

Trajectory - high

Putter - Cleveland TFI #8 (medium feel)

The ball

Srixon Z Star XV (2016)

Distance - same

Trajectory - mid

Spin - Hop & Stop

Feel - soft

Durability (1 round) - Like new

Rating - NEW GAMER!

Notes: I got this ball from the discount rack from my local course. What a decision. Feel around the greens is amazing. Excellent grab and oh the putting! Stays on intended line with a great medium/soft feel. Irons and driver very similar to Bridgestone 330 but from 100 yards and in is a winner. Going in the bag.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

The Player:

Current Gamer - ProV1 2016 & ProV1X 2017

Handicap - 6

7 iron distance - 155 - 160 yards

Trajectory - mid to high

Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport

The Ball:

Kirkland (Ksig) signature

Distance - equal to about 5 yards shorter

Trajectory - med to high

Spin - Hop & Stop with a bit of roll out on certain shots around the green

Feel - fairly firm

Durability - scuffed ... doesn't last more than one round

Rating - casual

Notes:

The hype is real about the Ksig. It's a very good ball for the price. I mean c'mon... 2 dozen for $30? How can you go wrong? Very firm off the driver but not overly rock hard. Off the irons are also firm but not clicky. They tend to stick and stop with the irons, not a lot of zip back but no run out either ... except out of the rough and around the greens. That's my only pet peeve ... chips and pitches run out more than I'm used to with my current gamer. It takes a few holes to get used to it. (Especially if I don't hit the GIR! Lol)

Overall the Ksig is a good ball for the price. A ball I would play in the winter months but it won't replace my current gamer.

20161201_130341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Callaway Chrome Soft X

The Player

Current Gamer - Snell MTB

Handicap or Avg Score - 8

7 iron distance with current ball- 160y Carry

Trajectory - Mid

Putter- Sentio Sierra 101 M

The Ball

Callaway Chrome Soft X

Distance - Less

Trajectory - High

Spin - Suck Back

Feel - Crunchy

Durability - like new

Rating - Casual

Notes:

- I played the Chrome Soft X for 6 rounds and it showed very few marks

- Very easy to work. Produces more side spin than my current gamer.

- Driver Distance is equal to my current gamer with similar spin.

- Balls spins much more on long irons than my current gamer causing issues in the wind.

- Balls spins more around the greens than any ball I've tried.

- The feel is harder than my Snell, but not as hard as other X balls I've tried.

- Great ball for people looking for more spin around the greens.

I hit a 2 pack trial of this ball and can second everything you said...High spin around green, firm/crunch feel off irons, very durable cover. Nice review!

Driver: Callaway GBB 9* w/ Aldila Rogue RIP I/O Silver 60S
FW: Cobra F7 15.5* w/ Fujikura Pro Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 915H 20* Aldila Rogue Black 85S Hybrid
Irons: Taylormade 2011 TP MC 4-7 / MB 8-PW KBS Tour 120S
Wedges: Vokey SM6 51* 55* 59* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Flatstick: Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 35.25"

The player

Current gamer - Bridgestone 330

Ave score - 80

7 iron distance with current ball -170y

Trajectory - high

Putter - Cleveland TFI #8 (medium feel)

The ball

Srixon Z Star XV (2016)

Distance - same

Trajectory - mid

Spin - Hop & Stop

Feel - soft

Durability (1 round) - Like new

Rating - NEW GAMER!

Notes: I got this ball from the discount rack from my local course. What a decision. Feel around the greens is amazing. Excellent grab and oh the putting! Stays on intended line with a great medium/soft feel. Irons and driver very similar to Bridgestone 330 but from 100 yards and in is a winner. Going in the bag.

IMG_4638.JPG

I just got these babies in the mail and I am pumped.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

Tyler Pettit - Titleist Pro V1x
Handicap or Ave score - 6.8
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 168
Trajectory - mid-High if I catch it flush 
Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 medium feel

Snell MTB 2017

Distance - BETTER. I felt the ball carried more with the Snell. I was really happy with the flight of the ball. Didn't have much roll but the carry off the clubface made up for that

Trajectory -HIGH. I kept my High trajectory with the driver. I didn't see a big change here. It feels as if the ball responds to the player.

Spin  SUCK BACK I saw a nice soft release with Long irons, short irons produced some suck-back, Had to be somewhat careful with my distance control on the wedges as I sucked a few off the green

Feel -SOFT Had a great soft feel off every club. The feel and confidence I had standing over the ball with my wedges and short irons made every shot feel like a green-light at the flag

Durability (1 round) SCUFFED BUT PLAYABLE - After 1 round I was impressed with the cover of the ball. Unlike the 5-piece Taylormade's and the K-Sig, I felt like this ball held up against wedges. There were signs of wear and play, but nothing that I felt would effect the overall performance of the ball in-play.

Rating - GAMER, this is an easy choice for anyone looking to save some money and get a high-performance ball. I am not trying to toot the horn of the company, but I was incredibly impressed with the play of this ball and continue to spread the wealth of this ball out to my golfing buddies

Being brought up a Titleist loyalist I really struggle to go against the product they put forward. "The #1 ball in golf" has such an outstanding track record and has been very good to me, there is something about that Titleist script looking back at you that gives you confidence over your shots.

I felt no difference with the Snell MTB. The aesthetics at first are different, the red/white script is a different look but you can easily get past that. I looked at previous models and I appreciate Snell's consciousness of player reviews and reactions as they changed the logo from its original thicker font. They "MTB" and directional arrows make for a really nice sight standing over putts. 

My last point is the feel of the ball in your hand. My Father always raised me to feel a golf ball before you put it in play, sounds a bit strange but it is something I do to this day. I have to say the Snell MTB did not disappoint out of the box. It has a different feel and the cover truly rises your eyebrows and almost forces your head to nod in approval. With direct to consumer shipping and a hand signed letter from Dean Snell, I have officially been baptized and find myself to be a MTB follower. (And being a High School Teacher, the price makes my wallet happy :D )

Thanks and hit 'em straight

Are they new or used. I'll check it out though. Thank you for the recommendation

They're recycled, so they aren't painted over. You can smell the bleach/chlorine on them when they arrive to let you know they've cleaned them thoroughly. You will get a wide range of balls, so if you don't like "Logo balls" wouldn't recommend it. If you don't mind logos then go for it, it is a game changer and money saver. 4A quality is incredible for them, only a few with signs of a few rounds of wear.

• SPY VIP

Tyler Pettit - Titleist Pro V1x

Handicap or Ave score - 6.8

7 iron carry distance with current ball - 168

Trajectory - mid-High if I catch it flush 

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 medium feel

Snell MTB 2017

Distance - BETTER. I felt the ball carried more with the Snell. I was really happy with the flight of the ball. Didn't have much roll but the carry off the clubface made up for that

Trajectory -HIGH. I kept my High trajectory with the driver. I didn't see a big change here. It feels as if the ball responds to the player.

Spin  SUCK BACK I saw a nice soft release with Long irons, short irons produced some suck-back, Had to be somewhat careful with my distance control on the wedges as I sucked a few off the green

Feel -SOFT Had a great soft feel off every club. The feel and confidence I had standing over the ball with my wedges and short irons made every shot feel like a green-light at the flag

Durability (1 round) SCUFFED BUT PLAYABLE - After 1 round I was impressed with the cover of the ball. Unlike the 5-piece Taylormade's and the K-Sig, I felt like this ball held up against wedges. There were signs of wear and play, but nothing that I felt would effect the overall performance of the ball in-play.

Rating - GAMER, this is an easy choice for anyone looking to save some money and get a high-performance ball. I am not trying to toot the horn of the company, but I was incredibly impressed with the play of this ball and continue to spread the wealth of this ball out to my golfing buddies

Being brought up a Titleist loyalist I really struggle to go against the product they put forward. "The #1 ball in golf" has such an outstanding track record and has been very good to me, there is something about that Titleist script looking back at you that gives you confidence over your shots.

I felt no difference with the Snell MTB. The aesthetics at first are different, the red/white script is a different look but you can easily get past that. I looked at previous models and I appreciate Snell's consciousness of player reviews and reactions as they changed the logo from its original thicker font. They "MTB" and directional arrows make for a really nice sight standing over putts. 

My last point is the feel of the ball in your hand. My Father always raised me to feel a golf ball before you put it in play, sounds a bit strange but it is something I do to this day. I have to say the Snell MTB did not disappoint out of the box. It has a different feel and the cover truly rises your eyebrows and almost forces your head to nod in approval. With direct to consumer shipping and a hand signed letter from Dean Snell, I have officially been baptized and find myself to be a MTB follower. (And being a High School Teacher, the price makes my wallet happy :D )

Thanks and hit 'em straight

THIS. IS. EXCELLENT.

I decree, on this day the 27th of April - THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE

Nice fricken job Ty.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

THIS. IS. EXCELLENT.

I decree, on this day the 27th of April - THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE

Nice fricken job Ty.

Ditto. Excellent, solid review!

(And not too badly written for a teacher )

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Alan Shanks: 2015/2016 Pro V1

Handicap: 6-7 Last year

7 iron carry current ball: 170

Trajectory: High/Higher

Putter: Cobra 002 Blade

The Ball: Wilson FG Tour

Distance: SAME with well struck irons, slightly MORE with woods.

Trajectory: HIGH. I hit the Pro V1 to the moon, this Wilson went to Uranus...

Spin: DROP and STOP , my game is won with my wedges. These perform the same or slightly better with wedges than the Pro V1, had an 8 iron suck back a few feet.

Feel: SOFT with an extra S. This Ball won my heart in the Charmin department. It is like a marshmallow off everything, but maybe a lightly toasted one. Soft enough so you know it's soft, but no where near DUO soft. Wins here for the putter department.

Durability: LIKE NEW, surprised me how well it held up. Bounced off some gravel and a tree or 2 and it looks better than a Pro V1 would have with the same treatment.

Rating: TOSS UP. I like it but I think the Titleist won by a small margin.

Edit: GAMER

Notes:

- Driver spin was less with this ball than the Pro V, which I wasn't expecting. It landed and rolled for days.

- Irons were where this ball shined to me, slight miss hits weren't penalized that much. You may or may not want that.

- Wedges, full wedges I didn't like, too soft. But finesse shots around the green you could have blindfolded me and I couldn't tell if it was the Wilson or the Titleist.

- Extreme durability. Awesome work by Wilson here.

-- Fairway woods that weren't hit dead center were complete duds.

- Overall great ball. I still have all 12, I will game them along side the Pro V this summer. Who knows maybe it will win my heart after all.

- Al

• SPY VIP

Spin: DROP and STOP , my game is won with my wedges. These perform the same or slightly better with wedges than the Pro V1, had an 8 iron suck back a few feet.

Feel: SOFT with an extra S. This Ball won my heart in the Charmin department. It is like a marshmallow off everything, but maybe a lightly toasted won. Soft enough so you know it's soft, but no where near DUO soft. Wins here for the putter department.

Durability: LIKE NEW, surprised me how well it held up. Bounce off some gravel and a tree or 2 and it looks better than s Pro V1 would have with the same treatment.

Notes:

- Driver spin was less with this ball than the Pro V, which I wasn't expecting. It landed and rolled for days.

- Irons were where this ball shined to me, slight miss hits weren't penalized that much. You may or may not want that.

- Wedges, full wedges I didn't like, too soft. But finesse shots around the green you could have blindfolded me and I couldn't tell if it was the Wilson or the Titleist.

- Overall great ball. I still have all 12, I will game them along side the Pro V this summer. Who knows maybe it will win my heart after all.

attachicon.gifIMG_0877.JPG

- Al

Nice review Al. Would you categorize it as a gamer or casual ball?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Feel: SOFT with an extra S. This Ball won my heart in the Charmin department. It is like a marshmallow off everything, but maybe a lightly toasted won. Soft enough so you know it's soft, but no where near DUO soft. Wins here for the putter department.

Durability: LIKE NEW, surprised me how well it held up. Bounce off some gravel and a tree or 2 and it looks better than s Pro V1 would have with the same treatment.

Notes:

attachicon.gifIMG_0877.JPG

- Al

I'm not as, ummm, sensitive to the feel of different balls as you better players but this was an excellent write-up with concrete comparative info!

I sometimes put the Wilson Duo into play and it was useful to see the comparison .. thanks​!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I'm not as, ummm, sensitive to the feel of different balls as you better players but this was an excellent write-up with concrete comparative info!

I sometimes put the Wilson Duo into play and it was useful to see the comparison .. thanks​!

I think any handicap or skill level would thoroughly enjoy a round with the Wilson FG Tour. Problem is they are just as pricey as the other big brands.

One more quick note: I did find it harder to shape the Wilson. It would start on the desired path and seem to die off.

- Al

Ummm Vice Pro Plus is awesome! ...drops mic walks away

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I think any handicap or skill level would thoroughly enjoy a round with the Wilson FG Tour. Problem is they are just as pricey as the other big brands.

One more quick note: I did find it harder to shape the Wilson. It would start on the desired path and seem to die off.

- Al

I'll be putting up a review on the FG Tour balls in the next few days, but in Australia, the Wilsons are AU$20 cheaper than the equivalent Pro V1. 

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

Matt Dumble - 2015 Titleist Pro V1X

HCP: 9.5

7i Carry: 175

Trajectory: Mid-to-high

Putter: TM Daytona Rosca I

The Ball: 2016 Wilson FG Tour Ball

Distance - Same

Trajectory -  High

Spin  - Hop & Stop

Probably spins about the same, if not slightly more than a Pro V1X

Feel - Soft 

Durability (1 round) - Like New

Rating

Gamer - these are definitely staying in the bag.

Notes or writeup

I bought a sleeve of the Wilsons on the recommendations of the pro shop at my local course. I had a small stockpile of Pro V1Xs that was starting to dwindle, so I was looking at the Wilsons as a possible replacement. I've never looked back - easily my favourite ball of 2016, and it's better than the new Pro V1/X & TP5. I'll be trying out the new model later in the year to see how that compares as well.

The player:
Current gamer - Callaway Chromesoft
Handicap or Ave score - 9hdcp
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 160y
Trajectory - mid/high
Putter - EVNROLL ER7

The ball:
TaylorMade TP5x

Distance - longer with the driver, less side spin too, a little longer with irons
Trajectory - mid/high
Spin - hop & stop
Feel - a little firmer than ChromeSoft but nothing that you could be critical of
Durability (1 round) - excellent, barely a scratch on them after round
Rating - Gamer - I played the TPs before switching to Chromesoft and will likely switch back to TM when the current stock is gone.

Notes or writeup:
TP5x was new to the pro shop and I had a few balls in the account so took a sleeve to try out. Was impressed off the tee with these from the first swing. M2 driver and this ball just fly and fly. I normally don't believe any of the BS they put up about "extra 10yards" and so on but it was clearly noticeable with driver.

During the first round I had to keep checking the club to get the distances right on approach due to the slightly longer distances with irons.

• SPY VIP

Matt Dumble - 2015 Titleist Pro V1X

HCP: 9.5

7i Carry: 175

Trajectory: Mid-to-high

Putter: TM Daytona Rosca I

The Ball: 2016 Wilson FG Tour Ball

Distance - Same

Trajectory -  High

Spin  - Hop & Stop

Probably spins about the same, if not slightly more than a Pro V1X

Feel - Soft 

Durability (1 round) - Like New

Rating

Gamer - these are definitely staying in the bag.

Notes or writeup

I bought a sleeve of the Wilsons on the recommendations of the pro shop at my local course. I had a small stockpile of Pro V1Xs that was starting to dwindle, so I was looking at the Wilsons as a possible replacement. I've never looked back - easily my favourite ball of 2016, and it's better than the new Pro V1/X & TP5. I'll be trying out the new model later in the year to see how that compares as well.

The player:

Current gamer - Callaway Chromesoft

Handicap or Ave score - 9hdcp

7 iron carry distance with current ball - 160y

Trajectory - mid/high

Putter - EVNROLL ER7

The ball:

TaylorMade TP5x

Distance - longer with the driver, less side spin too, a little longer with irons

Trajectory - mid/high

Spin - hop & stop

Feel - a little firmer than ChromeSoft but nothing that you could be critical of

Durability (1 round) - excellent, barely a scratch on them after round

Rating - Gamer - I played the TPs before switching to Chromesoft and will likely switch back to TM when the current stock is gone.

Notes or writeup:

TP5x was new to the pro shop and I had a few balls in the account so took a sleeve to try out. Was impressed off the tee with these from the first swing. M2 driver and this ball just fly and fly. I normally don't believe any of the BS they put up about "extra 10yards" and so on but it was clearly noticeable with driver.

During the first round I had to keep checking the club to get the distances right on approach due to the slightly longer distances with irons.

Nice job guys

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Nice reviews everyone but it would be nice to see some from guys who hit the ball normal distances. So far everyone's average 7 iron carry is like my 5 iron or 4 hybrid. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

Nice reviews everyone but it would be nice to see some from guys who hit the ball normal distances. So far everyone's average 7 iron carry is like my 5 iron or 4 hybrid. :(

Waiting for your reviews Rev lol

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Don't know if my 7i range is "normal" .. 140-145 .. but have been thinking of trying out Vice -- their Tour was the answer from their "Ball Recommender" for me but is currently out of stock.

Also don't know if I could post a meaningful review as I'm not too sure just trying a new ball would make a meaningful difference in my game.......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...

The player:

Current gamer - Callaway ChromeSoft '17 & Titleist Pro V1X '16
Handicap - 9.7
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 168yd
Trajectory - high-ish
Putter - Taylormade Rosca Daytona I

The ball:
Titleist Pro V1 2017 Model

Distance - Better
Trajectory - High-ish
Spin - Depending on how much I hit down on the ball, it will either suck back (too much backspin) or will just hop and stop.
Feel - Soft but firm
Durability (1 round) - almost like new (first signs of fading present)
Rating - Casual/Gamer (see Notes)

Notes or writeup:

Considering I am such a fan of the 2015/16 Pro V1X model, I was genuinely excited to give the new balls a try after seeing all the (mostly) positive reviews from both MyGolfSpy & GolfWRX. However, after giving both the ordinary & the X models, I quickly realised that the Pro V1 suited my game much better than the X ball with the ball flight being more penetrating and less spinny (online reviews said the same thing). I love the feel and responsiveness of the ball (not surprising due to the urethane cover), but the price (AU$75!!!) will stop me from actually buying them. If I was given a dozen of them or I found a few on the course, I'd happily use them, so they'll always be a "casual" ball for me as there are similar/better balls (e.g. Wilson Staff FG Tour ball, Forte Apex 6) to be found either online or at your local pro shop. 

Also, given that there are reviews on the Srixon Q-Star Tour & Vice Pro balls by forum members, will there be links to those reviews from this page? 

• SPY VIP

wilsonDuoU.jpg

The player

Current gamer - Snell MTB

Handicap or Ave score - 7

7 iron distance with current ball - 165y

Trajectory - Mid

Putter - Cleveland Tfi #1 copper face (medium feel)

The ball

Wilson Duo Urethane

Distance: equal

Irons: long and penetrating, easily half club longer
Trajectory: mid
Wedge spin: hop & stop
Greenside control: can play check or release
Putter feel: Super soft, borderline too soft
Putter roll: good, but super soft feel can make distance control unpredictable
Durability: scuffed but playable
Wind: really good, very penetrating and yet sail downwind

Rating Gamer

This is a pretty awesome ball for the price, that almost shoots itself in the foot being too soft in warmer conditions. If you've got a swing speed under 105mph and love really soft spinny balls, the you gotta try the Wilson Duo U.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Also, given that there are reviews on the Srixon Q-Star Tour & Vice Pro balls by forum members, will there be links to those reviews from this page? 

Not a bad idea, I'll have to start scrubbing those threads and cross linking

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP