The player:
Current gamer - Titleist Pro V1x / Taylormade TP5x
Handicap or Ave score - 8hdcp
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 175
Trajectory - mid/high
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The ball:
2019 OnCore Elixr

Distance - Same or slightly less (wind was swirling, hard to tell)
Trajectory - high
Spin - stop or spin back
Feel - soft
Durability (1 round) - very good
Rating - Casual

Notes or writeup:
So since OnCore had a giveaway and I received my free sleeve, I figured the least I could do would be a short review of my impressions. Overall I am quite happy with the performance. It seemed to launch pretty high and wasn't terribly affected by some of the surprisingly strong winds I ended up playing in. The feel off the clubface was a bit too soft for my preferences, even though it performed similarly to some high end balls.

Distance seemed good, I was lucky enough to be playing alone after work so I could hit 2 balls. On two seemingly well struck balls the Taylormade (TP5 this day) I was playing went ever so further, which seems impressive considering how soft off the face the OnCore felt.
My biggest gripe, as embarrassing as it is to admit, is the aesthetics. In my humblest, uneducated opinion, the graphics on the ball are not pleasing to the eye at all. I feel silly for saying this, but it translated to not having much confidence in standing over the ball, it just looks cheap - despite how well it performed.

If you are interested in the Elixr and the design on the ball is not important to you, I would not hesitate to recommend this ball. Until the logo is changed, shrunk, or something else, I wouldn't buy these balls for myself.

I sent for the “free” sleeve as well. Posted my review vs Mizuno RB Tour X today.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

OnCore Elixr / Mizuno RB Tour X: Answered OnCore’s advert for a sleeve of Elixr. Had a sleeve of the Mizzy’s that@MotorCityKitty had given me a few weeks ago. (Free half dozen? I’m IN!!) Played each for nine consecutive holes earlier this week. Certainly not a “scientific” test, just my own perception of how the balls performed for me on one particular day.

OnCore Elixr was more accurate off the tee, although Mizuno RB Tour X was a little longer. (Measured with a combination of laser & GPS data.) This seems to correlate to the data from the MyGolfSpy ball tests: Mizuno a little longer with higher spin rates.

IMG_6453.thumb.JPG.463fd7b0ee975b9b6d6bba979003e2b5.JPG

Card said “307” (uphill approx 40’) but laser said “257” . In any case, a driver just off the green at that distance for a chip/kick-in birdie works every time!

Felt like the OnCore was more responsive off the irons, especially wedges as well. That feeling, as well as the perception that the OnCore flew more on my intended line doesn’t seem to follow the data from the ball test, but that was my observation on the golf course.

IMG_6452.thumb.JPG.7ff9a25b05f4fe870c23cd122010701b.JPG

Sharp dogleg left. 4 hybrid a bit around the corner, PW spun back about four feet. This green also elevated; maybe 20 feet above the fairway.

Could not discern much difference on the putting green except that Mizuno had a more distinctive “click” at impact. Gives the impression that the cover of the OnCore is “softer”. Putting with a milled SS putter, no insert. Both covers are Urethane, the Mizuno injection molded while the OnCore is cast. Someone much smarter than myself would have to tell me if that could make a difference.

All things being equal, I’d play the OnCore every day and be happy. The Mizuno is a fine ball, but I didn’t prefer it, and at $42.99/dz I can find SEVERAL other much more cost effective options to play.

• Like 4

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

The player:
Current gamer - Bridgestone B330RX
Handicap or Ave score - 100
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 145y
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Wilson from my starter set I bought when I first started playing.

I've got 2 balls I've tried out this year and wanted to give my feedback on both.

The ball:
Bridgestone Tour B RX

Distance - Less (inconsistency)
Trajectory - Mid
Spin - release some
Feel - Soft
Durability (1 round) - like new, only played 4 holes with them the first day. Went back and played a full round with them about 2 weeks later.
Rating - Casual - If I lose my other balls during a round.

Notes or writeup:
I'm a causal golfer, I play about 10-15 times a year, just to give you an idea of my game. I've been playing with the B330RX's for about 2 years after trying out a number of balls. I always liked how they felt of my irons and driver, and I felt like I've been the most consistent with them. The B330RX where always a little firm around the green and anything under 100 yards. They run up a little much for my liking, but I got used to them and would just play a little bit shorter. The Tour B RX where a lot better around the green and those short yardage plays, but that was about it. Off the tee and out of the fairway, the ball felt way softer and I was way less consistent with the ball, yardage and accuracy. I have a good draw to my swing, I'm right handed, and I found myself further to the right in most shots that I would have like to have been. Most of the time I was in the rough or against the tree line. The ball flew off the face to the right like normal, but it would never come back to the middle. The ball would just go right off the face and then stay there. I had really high hopes for this ball after using the B330 series for so long, but it feels like a completely different ball. Too soft for my liking with my driver all the way down to the middle irons. And the flight path was never really consistent like it was with the B330RX.

The ball:
Bridgestone e12 Soft

Distance - Same
Trajectory - Mid
Spin - Hop & Stop
Feel - Mushy
Durability (1 round) - like new, 2 full rounds, lost a few of them.
Rating - Won't game at all

Notes or writeup:
I tried a set of the e12's after doing the ball tester on the Bridgestone website. The first 2 holes I thought that I may have found my new go to ball, but I was sadly mistaken. 2 rounds later and I gave my remaining 3 sleeves of these to my buddy who likes them. These felt really soft off any club, and it's not something I like the feel of, but I thought it made my game better, then I'd give them a go. Off the 3rd tee they really started to show their teeth to my swing. I've never seen a really soft side-spin as much as these did, and have the weirdest flight path I've ever seen. The flight was great off the face until about 75% through the shot, and then that last 25% made no sense to me. They came out a little bit lower, then rose to normal height which had a good draw, then coming down these suckers started to hook and hook fiercely. If I aimed down the middle, the ball would land left middle of the fairway and either roll to the far left edge or into the rough. I noticed myself in the 2nd round with these, aiming towards the right side of the fair to get them to stay in the fairway, and sometimes that wasn't even enough. And even in my short clubs, there was a ton of side spin. With my 8 iron on 2 par 3's around 125 yards, both balls landed in the center of the green and then rolling off the left side of the green. I've never had this much side spin in such a soft ball. I thought after doing the ball test thing on the Bridgestone website, it would give me the correct ball, but those aren't for me.

Final Thoughts:
After using Bridgestone for a couple of years, I thought I had found my brand of golf balls, or at least series. I haven't gave up on the brand yet, and have a few different series of balls to try out my next couple of rounds. I've bought 1 sleeve of each of the following to try: Bridgestone Tour B XS, Bridgestone Tour B RXS, and Snell MTB Black. I will give my feedback on those after a couple of rounds.

• Like 2

The player:

Current gamer - Maxfli Tour (Matte Green) 
Handicap or Ave score - 6.8
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 165y
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER2

The test ball : Sweetshot SS plus 90 

20200317_151010.thumb.jpg.5dfa8db1cba36cb938a965cc7a441cbe.jpg

Distance
I found this ball to have near identical distance on the putting green. But the further you get from the green the distance loss becomes increasingly noticeable. About 5 yards less on 100 approach shots up to about 30y less on drives. 

Trajectory - high, mid, low
Mid trajectory, really a nice ball flight. Lower trajectory than the Maxfli Tour, very steep decent angle. 

Spin
Roll out - there's no coming back... But, it comes down so steep that it stops really well on full shots. On pitches around the green it really rolls out. 

Feel -  mushy
I wasn't able to determine the compression of this ball, but it really feels butter smooth, best feeling ball on full irons I've hit in a long time. A little hallow feeling on drives. 

Durability (1 round) - most durable ball ever, 52 years old and other than slight discoloration, looks brand new. No scuffs after untold rounds. 

Rating
Casual - would play again if given or found

Notes or writeup
Obviously this ball isn't the latest and greatest. It was a range bucket rescue, and I'm really glad I snagged it. The only print ad I can find for it claims that it was made by accushnet in the 1950's. And has a surlyn cover and it was fun to play. 

I figured there would be more distance loss than there was honestly. It definitely isn't a distance ball, but... It isn't bad, I basically tried a 10% less ball some ruling bodies have discussed, it wasn't game breaking. Golf was still fun. 

Maybe some of you out there gamed this ball in the past. I would absolutely still golf if this was the only approved ball. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :callaway-small: Mavrik 23°

Irons:    :ping-small: i500 5, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

:ping-small: i200 6-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

The player:
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER2
Distance
I found this ball to have near identical distance on the putting green. But the further you get from the green the distance loss becomes increasingly noticeable. About 5 yards less on 100 approach shots up to about 30y less on drives. 

Mid trajectory, really a nice ball flight. Lower trajectory than the Maxfli Tour, very steep decent angle. 

Spin
Roll out - there's no coming back... But, it comes down so steep that it stops really well on full shots. On pitches around the green it really rolls out. 

Feel -  mushy
I wasn't able to determine the compression of this ball, but it really feels butter smooth, best feeling ball on full irons I've hit in a long time. A little hallow feeling on drives. 

Durability (1 round) - most durable ball ever, 52 years old and other than slight discoloration, looks brand new. No scuffs after untold rounds. 

Rating

Notes or writeup
Obviously this ball isn't the latest and greatest. It was a range bucket rescue, and I'm really glad I snagged it. The only print ad I can find for it claims that it was made by accushnet in the 1950's. And has a surlyn cover and it was fun to play. 
I figured there would be more distance loss than there was honestly. It definitely isn't a distance ball, but... It isn't bad, I basically tried a 10% less ball some ruling bodies have discussed, it wasn't game breaking. Golf was still fun. 
Maybe some of you out there gamed this ball in the past. I would absolutely still golf if this was the only approved ball. 

Interesting review, thanks

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The player:
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - Evnroll ER2
Distance

Spin

Feel -  mushy

Rating

Notes or writeup

Loved the review and I laughed out loud over the distance part. Thank you for getting ahead of the curve and letting all us hackers know how the 2021 Most Wanted winner performs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

... Here is a sample of some "classic" balls I have found 30 yards short of other drives when searching for my pards balls in the woods., I am not sure how many times Big Stu has played in Chicago but at least 1/2 of them just have to be his. 😜

295885080_Balataballs.jpg.113b802a27b49aa65180cdb5c8bcad1f.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

The player:
Current gamer - Titleist AVX
Handicap or Ave score - 1
7 iron carry distance with current ball - 180
Trajectory - Mid
Putter - 2010 Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The ball:
Titleist -Prov1x (Left Dash)

Distance - More with driver, similar with irons 
Trajectory - High
Spin - Less with driver, hop and stop with mid-irons, checks up nicely around the green
Feel - FIRM!!!
Durability (1 round) - Like New
Rating - Gamer

Notes or writeup:
I was excited to try this ball when it came to market. My original gamer was Prov1X but was convinced to switch to AVX last year due to high spin off the tee and through my mid irons. If we were playing in the slightest wind the Prov1x would just climb a mile resulting in very inconsistent yardages, but I did love it around the greens. Although the AVX's lower trajectory and spin were a solution to those problems, I really couldn't stand how mushy the ball felt. AVX had a lot more rollout going into greens and wasn't nearly as predictable as Prov1x. Definitely will have to see how Left Dash plays in the wind but for now it seems like the perfect combination between AVX and Prov1X. Another plus was that I was able to get a full round in and the ball wasn't chewed haha. Anyways, it will be nice to see what more people think about the Left Dash, surprisingly it seems like a lot of the reviews I've read have been quite positive from players with both high and low swing speeds. Looks like Titleist might have got it right here. 

• Like 4

Ping G410 Plus 9 degree - Ventus Blue 7x

Titleist TS3 Hybrid 19 degree - Tour AD 105x

Taylormade P790 3 Iron - Dynamic Gold x100

Mizuno MP-20 4-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 (4-8) s400 (9-PW)

Callaway Jaws 50,56 degree - Dynamic Gold s400

Callaway PM grind 60 degree- Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

Taylormade Spider-X 

Titleist AVX

This is FANTASTIC. Will be submitting for PROV1 when I can get out!

• Like 1

Currently testing for :ping-small: G710 Irons 

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ    VS   :ping-small: G710 4-UW Project X 6.5 LZ

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

The player:

Current Gamer: Srixon Q Star Tour

Average score: 110

7 iron average carry: 150 yards

Ball flight: Mid to high

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball

The ball:

Quantix F18 Tour

Distance: Same

Trajectory: Mid to high mid

Spin: Release 

Feel: firm

Durability after 18: Did not last 18 holes.  Attached is a picture of one that was bladed by a 56⁰ wedge and ended up with a near Balatta smile.  Non bladed balls did as well as could be asked of. 

Rating: Avoid

Notes: Greens were hard enough that an 8 iron shot on a par 3 did not leave a ball mark.  This likely contributed to the release and not a hop and stop like I expected.  Unlike a true Balatta smile, the crack was fairly small, but the black outline completed the smile shape.  The crack can be felt by finger nail.

20200619_114914.jpg

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

On 3/21/2020 at 2:35 PM, chisag said:

... Here is a sample of some "classic" balls I have found 30 yards short of other drives when searching for my pards balls in the woods., I am not sure how many times Big Stu has played in Chicago but at least 1/2 of them just have to be his. 😜

295885080_Balataballs.jpg.113b802a27b49aa65180cdb5c8bcad1f.jpg

Sam I would agree but I don't see any MacGregor balls with Hogan cores in them 😜

• Haha 1

Do Your Balls Make The List? (MGS HRC 2020)

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Brx.jpg.def5ec0947ee274215a4a747dc0d56d2.jpg

The Player

Current gamer - TaylorMade TP5x

Handicap  - +0.7

7 iron distance with current ball - 160 yd

Trajectory - Mid/High

Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

The Ball

Bridgestone B-RX - 2020

Distance - Maybe a hair shorter?

Trajectory - Mid/High

Spin - High Spin

Feel - Medium/Soft

Durability  - Best Ever!

Rating - Outstanding performance and durability

Notes:

- I find it just a hair shorter with all clubs

- Performed well in the wind, but not quite as good as my TP5x 

- Softer feel but similar performance as any premium ball I have played

- I like the minimal graphics approach with just a big B and a red number

- Only played 3 rounds with this ball but durability is the best I have ever seen. Ball looks almost new after 18 holes. #2 ball on the left after 18 holes compared to new unused #4 ball on the right in the picture.

- Previous RX balls have never spun enough around the greens but this ball spins almost as much as my TP5x and the first RX ball I have found playable for my short game style. 

- I have played in strong winds all 3 rounds so not sure about distance until I can play in some benign conditions. My gut tells me it is just a hair shorter than my TP5x, like less than 5 yds off the driver and a couple yards shorter with my irons. Since the TP5x is a firmer ball, I'm not sure how much I like the softer feel of the B-RX but it certainly is not too soft. It is hard to argue with the durability and those of you that don't start every round with a new ball will be ecstatic with the durability of the B-RX. My initial impression is it will not replace the TP5x as my gamer, but after some practice rounds in less windy conditions where I can compare them side by side, I reserve the right to change my mind.  
  •  
  • Like 4

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x