TESTERS WANTED! ×

NEW! - Scotty Cameron - Custom Shop (OPTIONS)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Headcovers seem a bit on the busy side to me. Kind of sad that the orange is now gray with orange. I need to find one of the black with orange dots headcovers should the laguna hold its place in the bag...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

They have that one, it's the one I picked. My favorite colors are orange and black.

Cool. Orange custom shop grip and translucent paintfill and the laguna 1.5 will rock.

and I'll be out $150 for my silliness... :blink:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I like the scotty dog covers, but also in that release was a tool to remove the weights on the Studio Select putters. For the first 2 (?) years that this model was out, the studio said that you had to send your putter in for a weight change because...well, I'm not sure what the logic was, but that's what they said. So why change now?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I like the scotty dog covers, but also in that release was a tool to remove the weights on the Studio Select putters. For the first 2 (?) years that this model was out, the studio said that you had to send your putter in for a weight change because...well, I'm not sure what the logic was, but that's what they said. So why change now?

I don't know but I'm not questioning it. I wonder if they will be carrying the weight removal tool in stores. I doubt it, but one can dream. :P Also, I noticed that the removal tool is now on his website, but replacement weights are not. :huh:

On a side note, I don't like the dog logo, new or old.

Headcovers seem a bit on the busy side to me. Kind of sad that the orange is now gray with orange. I need to find one of the black with orange dots headcovers should the laguna hold its place in the bag...

Or find an older (see without the UV resistant threads) Select headcover and dye the vinyl and the dots whatever colors you want. Trust me, it's far cheaper than buying the aftermarket one.

Now to the original topic. What was the story behind the creation of the Junk Yard Dog? Just curious. I know he's used it before, but now it's a standard option.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Check out the videos, I think he tries to explain the new options :) The Junkyard dog (JYD) explanation is also in there

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

It looks like children's marketing, like something out of a cereal box or something. It just seems a little wierd, this top of the line, expensive piece of sporting equipment being marketed as if its a child's toy! "green clovers, blue diamonds, lucky stars, and a new junk yard dog!" I bet Cameron gets sued by Lucky Charms!

And seriously? This is "customization"? Headcovers, grips, and little pre selected icons?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived