TESTERS WANTED! ×

Teeth of the Dog

JFitzroy

Made my second trip to Casa da Campo in the Dominican Republic this winter and played 4 rounds at the Teeth of the Dog.  It is one of the top 2 or three courses I've ever played.  (#1 is Pine Valley, #2 is Banff Springs in Canada)  I'm not a Pete Dye fan but he did a wonderful job on this course.  I really think it's better than Pebble Beach!

I have been blessed to have played over 30 of the top 100 and most of the great ones in New England and New York.  It's funny that the Teeth and Baniff Springs so high on my list!

I'd love to here others favorite non-US courses and how they think they compare to the US courses

Jim the retired GC Superintendent

Jim the retired Golf Course Superintendent

I have some work colleagues who have played there. So jealous! Maybe one of these days!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Wow what a beauty and I'd let that dawg bite my arse any old time!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played it last April and it was a great track.  Shot 78 from the tips and could not have played better.  Hole of the day was #9 when I hit driver over the bunkers, three wood over the green and got up and down for a birdie.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

• 1 month later...

Along the same lines (golf in the D.R)...couple of months ago, I had the chance to play Punta Espada. This course was designed by Nicklaus. Awe inspiring piece of land and some great waterfront holes. Great thing about it was given I was on vacation and there on a Tuesday, I completed the round in less than 2.5 hours.

My profile pic was also taken here. Was deciding between playing 'Teeth of the Dog' or Punta Espada and wound up at the latter, but reviews on both are top notch and I'd. It hesitate to make a a trip back down.

IMG_0020.JPGIMG_0021.JPGIMG_0022.JPG

Ambling through on the journey to Scratchville

• 1 month later...

Totally agree, Teeth of the Dog is a great track.  That said, Mr. Dye designed three other tracks, all within the confines of Casa de Campo Resort, and each is a great experience in and of itself.  www.casadecampo.com.do   The Dye Fore track offers 27 holes, and The Links course was upgraded and re-designed to entice both novice and experienced golfers.  There is a private course on the property as well, but it is not normally available to visitors.

The facility itself is outstanding, spectacular food and drink options, and best value dollar for dollar, of any golf vacation spot I have ever experienced.  We visited in 2013, and are returning (as Hubes notes above) early in 2018-  Cant wait!!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I was there 4 years ago. Been trying to plan a trip back but the Mrs. is not a fan of repeat trips. Looks like our next family trip is Washington DC. I may have to hit up a few spy's for recommendations.

Sorry got off topic there. Thank you for sharing the photos. How was the wind for you on the course?

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a trip booked there this winter, definitely planning on playing Teeth of the Dog!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

As you get closer to your DC trip send a note, can recommend some good tracks within a half hour drive (distance, not actually time, because traffic here is CRAZY :huh:

Wind not bad on Teeth of the Dog- but did come into play on a few of the holes-

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

As you get closer to your DC trip send a note, can recommend some good tracks within a half hour drive (distance, not actually time, because traffic here is CRAZY :huh:

Wind not bad on Teeth of the Dog- but did come into play on a few of the holes-

Will do thanks.

I just remember one of the par 3s we couldn't really feel much wind but the caddy handed me my 3 wood. I looked at him and said "you sure? I feel like this will fly the green"

He just looked at me and smiled "driver maybe, this is good just don't hold back"

The ball hit the center of the green. That was the first and last time I questioned him. We were playing 5 bucks a hole game and my team won 6 holes. I gave him all my winnings on top of a tip he saved me quite a few strokes.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived