TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone got a TM Spider?

Eseay32

maybe try and add weight for slow greens. i find the red day was very light and was good on fast icy green but wasn't good on slow greens

Taylormade M2 - Driver

Taylormade M2 - 3W

Callaway Apex - 3i-9ie

Vokey SM6 - 46°, 54°, 60°

SC - Newport M1

Taylormade - TP5X

Yes, love this putter on fast greens and I will definitely be looking for a weight kit.

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

A guy at my local course got the red one and let me try it the other day. I found it not as well balanced as my #7 and the lack of a sight line difficult to line up. Wasn't a big fan of the feel either.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I really wanted to love the red one, really love the headcover, but the feel wasn't there for me vs my tp mills.

Got to give it more time

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Have to eat these words now... though it didn't feel as good as my previous putter- still doesn't, the reds working out pretty well now.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

... Thanks but I do not like sight lines. My problem is the size of the putter head. After playing with a thin looking heel shafted 8802 style putter for 30 years the Spider Tour is just so unwieldy, at least to my eye. But like a true golf forum member, I took it out for a farewell round yesterday and putted much better with it. I might give it a few more rounds to see if I can ignore the size and just putt like I always have.

I'm a feel putter and I really like the spider black. My distance control and speed have been very good with it. However, I have always used a bigger, heavier type putter. I recently switched to a Scotty golo3 and had to stop using it after 6 months and needed to get something bigger. I've putted pretty well with it. It doesn't make enough putts but that's because of me!

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I'm a feel putter and I really like the spider black. My distance control and speed have been very good with it. However, I have always used a bigger, heavier type putter. I recently switched to a Scotty golo3 and had to stop using it after 6 months and needed to get something bigger. I've putted pretty well with it. It doesn't make enough putts but that's because of me!

... That's why they make putters in different sizes and shapes. :)  I do have quite a bit of lead tape on my Bobby Grace and also prefer a heavier putter, but I am just too used to the 8802 like blade I have looked down at for 40 years. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

My dad just put one in the bag.  The red one.  He absolutely loves it.  Its all about confidence.  Put a brick on an end of a stick if it makes you feel you can drop puts.  If you like the feel and the look, go for it.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

I just picked up the black one today, I tried both out and the black just felt better to me. I was making more putts with it then the red.

... I should have put mine in the classifieds and saved you $50 plus tax and shipping.   :unsure:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I had to kill some time in town while my lady was at an appointment. So I dropped her off and cruised down the street to the store. Was rolling the black one because it was the only one that didn't have plastic on it. I was putting really well with it, but I'm convinced their greens are rigged.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder if the spider's popularity will wane a little now that DJ switched to a blade putter last weekend?

He may switch back too, but to note, he's using a Tyson Lamb-made Wayne Gretzky head cover with the putter last weekend

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I was watching the LPGA, seen some Spider love.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I wish RBG would hurry up and ship mine.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• 1 month later...

*cue superman theme music*

Dustin Johnson switched to a black spider with a black sight line 20 minutes prior to his second round overseas and shot a 63 today. 

http://golfweek.com/2017/10/27/dustin-johnson-shoots-63-to-take-from-brooks-koepka-lead-at-wgc-hsbc-champions/

Pretty amazing stuff*

* I know he's got all-world talent and could shoot a 65 with a croquet mallet but to switch putters 20 minutes before a round and fire a 63 is out of this world crazy.  

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Lot of people love those Spiders but they just look horrible to me when i set one down behind the ball. Just seems like too big of a head for a little slant neck putter. That and the terrible finishes that TaylorMade puts on clubs (paint chips) is a big turn off for me. But hey, whatever works for you! If I had made some putts when I tried one I would be talking about how beautiful they are lol

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I went back to using the red tour spider. So much forgiveness across the face. To my surprise my Miura km 350 holds up pretty well too

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked up a Red Spider with sight line #3 (thanks cyber week deals on budgetgolf.com)...man that sight line makes a huge difference. I know it's just like the older spiders but I was rolling it great on the greens today. We'll see how long the honeymoon lasts. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to have the older Ghost Spider S putter and at the end of last year I went through testing a bunch of putters to find a new one.  During that process I did try the spider putter and to be honest there wasn't much change at all from the older model.  I didn't really feel like the face technology really improved over the years.  I was shocked that they still had a plastic insert in the putter.  After trying Toulon, Scotty Cameron and Ping's vault putters I notice a huge difference in performance.  You could hear the ball skipping less on longer putts which kept the ball on line so much better.  I also noticed a huge improvement on consistency on off-centered strikes.  With the TM putters, I notice a huge gap between a slightly toe strike and a center strike.  In my personal opinion the spider is just hype because of how much money they have spent on advertising.  I don't feel it performs anywhere near the other putters out there. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Jonas Blixt had a plumber neck model a while ago and I thought that looked awesome... awesome enough to bag for sure.

Good luck finding it though!

BIRD DOG!!!

Driver: TMAG R15, 9 degree, Tour Ad Di 6s

3W: Titleist 910f, 15 degree, Tour Ad Di 7s

3H: Bridgestone J15,Tour AD Di 105s 

Irons: Titleist 714 AP2's 4-Pw (Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50, 54, 60 (Project X 6.0 Rifle) 

Putter: Scotty Newport 2, 34"

In my defense I have been a huge Spider proponent for a long time. Since Day started with it a few years ago. I do like the slant neck a lot too though.

Loved the Daddy Long Leg Counter Balance grip from a few years back. Thing rolled like a dream.

BIRD DOG!!!

Driver: TMAG R15, 9 degree, Tour Ad Di 6s

3W: Titleist 910f, 15 degree, Tour Ad Di 7s

3H: Bridgestone J15,Tour AD Di 105s 

Irons: Titleist 714 AP2's 4-Pw (Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50, 54, 60 (Project X 6.0 Rifle) 

Putter: Scotty Newport 2, 34"

Jonas Blixt had a plumber neck model a while ago and I thought that looked awesome... awesome enough to bag for sure.

Good luck finding it though!

TM has put plumber necks ("L" Necks) on all their spiders for retail purchase. I see a lot of them at PGA SS. 

• Lefty

• 1 month later...

Well my putting has reached critical mass so I bought one of these off eBay to give a try. It's a spider black that theoretically should match my stroke as measured by Sam PuttLab. I don't like hitting putters on practice store greens so I just decided to buy a used one and give it a go. I can probably recoup most of it if it doesn't work. Fingers crossed!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I'm wanting one...not because every winning tour pro is making putts with them now....actually because I've always liked the look and feel of them. Anybody got one?

I got one used on craigslist. I was looking for a face balanced putter and it fit the bill. Highly recommend getting one.

Driver: Ping G5 (9°, Regular Flex)

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 (Regular Flex)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 (52°, 56°, 60°)

Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Spider S 

Dexterity: Left-Handed

Handicap: 24

I got one used on craigslist. I was looking for a face balanced putter and it fit the bill. Highly recommend getting one.

I'm pretty sure I bought one about a week after that post lol. I've been rolling it for a bit now. Still like it. I put a superstroke counter balance on it for a little more weight.

Now if someone could read all my putts I'd be in business.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Now the Mini Spider is available for sale...Tried the black, didn't like the lack of alignment. Tried the red with a sightline and despite changing the head weight, never really liked how it felt in my hands. I mean, I would do myself an injustice if I didn't give the mini a go. Heaven forbid I break the cycle of buying a spider, selling said spider, and then buying another spider. 

• Lefty

Rolled the mini at lunch today. Definitely firmer feel to it. Feels like the ball comes off the face hot. Rolled the ball really well with it. Face balanced and the alignment is a personal preference. The mini is small, almost like a little sledgehammer behind the ball. I prefer the silver finish over the red. Personally, on synthetic turf, I preferred the mini over the exo 7 and Scotty 7M... But I'm a lefty so options were limited.

• Lefty