Anyone got a TM Spider?

I used to have the older Ghost Spider S putter and at the end of last year I went through testing a bunch of putters to find a new one.  During that process I did try the spider putter and to be honest there wasn't much change at all from the older model.  I didn't really feel like the face technology really improved over the years.  I was shocked that they still had a plastic insert in the putter.  After trying Toulon, Scotty Cameron and Ping's vault putters I notice a huge difference in performance.  You could hear the ball skipping less on longer putts which kept the ball on line so much better.  I also noticed a huge improvement on consistency on off-centered strikes.  With the TM putters, I notice a huge gap between a slightly toe strike and a center strike.  In my personal opinion the spider is just hype because of how much money they have spent on advertising.  I don't feel it performs anywhere near the other putters out there. 

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm wanting one...not because every winning tour pro is making putts with them now....actually because I've always liked the look and feel of them. Anybody got one?     Sent from my iPhone using My

I had a flow neck one but I sold it after testing the Evnroll. I'd love to give one of the slant neck ones a shot

... Well my Tour Black passed the first test. I took it and 10 balls to a practice putting green and hit all kinds of putts and the TB rolled great. Distance putts were just as accurate as short putts

Jonas Blixt had a plumber neck model a while ago and I thought that looked awesome... awesome enough to bag for sure.

Good luck finding it though!

BIRD DOG!!!

Driver: TMAG R15, 9 degree, Tour Ad Di 6s

3W: Titleist 910f, 15 degree, Tour Ad Di 7s

3H: Bridgestone J15,Tour AD Di 105s 

Irons: Titleist 714 AP2's 4-Pw (Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50, 54, 60 (Project X 6.0 Rifle) 

Putter: Scotty Newport 2, 34"

In my defense I have been a huge Spider proponent for a long time. Since Day started with it a few years ago. I do like the slant neck a lot too though.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Loved the Daddy Long Leg Counter Balance grip from a few years back. Thing rolled like a dream.

BIRD DOG!!!

Driver: TMAG R15, 9 degree, Tour Ad Di 6s

3W: Titleist 910f, 15 degree, Tour Ad Di 7s

3H: Bridgestone J15,Tour AD Di 105s 

Irons: Titleist 714 AP2's 4-Pw (Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50, 54, 60 (Project X 6.0 Rifle) 

Putter: Scotty Newport 2, 34"

Jonas Blixt had a plumber neck model a while ago and I thought that looked awesome... awesome enough to bag for sure.

Good luck finding it though!

TM has put plumber necks ("L" Necks) on all their spiders for retail purchase. I see a lot of them at PGA SS. 

• Like 1
  • :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
  • 1 month later...

Well my putting has reached critical mass so I bought one of these off eBay to give a try. It's a spider black that theoretically should match my stroke as measured by Sam PuttLab. I don't like hitting putters on practice store greens so I just decided to buy a used one and give it a go. I can probably recoup most of it if it doesn't work. Fingers crossed!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I'm wanting one...not because every winning tour pro is making putts with them now....actually because I've always liked the look and feel of them. Anybody got one?

I got one used on craigslist. I was looking for a face balanced putter and it fit the bill. Highly recommend getting one.

Driver: Ping G5 (9°, Regular Flex)

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 (Regular Flex)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 (52°, 56°, 60°)

Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Spider S 

Dexterity: Left-Handed

Handicap: 24

I got one used on craigslist. I was looking for a face balanced putter and it fit the bill. Highly recommend getting one.

I'm pretty sure I bought one about a week after that post lol. I've been rolling it for a bit now. Still like it. I put a superstroke counter balance on it for a little more weight.

Now if someone could read all my putts I'd be in business.

• Like 1

<p>Knoxville, TN 4 Hdcp Ping G30 9deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Nike Vapor rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, 60 TM spider with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Now the Mini Spider is available for sale...Tried the black, didn't like the lack of alignment. Tried the red with a sightline and despite changing the head weight, never really liked how it felt in my hands. I mean, I would do myself an injustice if I didn't give the mini a go. Heaven forbid I break the cycle of buying a spider, selling said spider, and then buying another spider. 

• Like 1
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash

Rolled the mini at lunch today. Definitely firmer feel to it. Feels like the ball comes off the face hot. Rolled the ball really well with it. Face balanced and the alignment is a personal preference. The mini is small, almost like a little sledgehammer behind the ball. I prefer the silver finish over the red. Personally, on synthetic turf, I preferred the mini over the exo 7 and Scotty 7M... But I'm a lefty so options were limited.

•  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • 1 year later...
On 4/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, jlukes said:

I had a flow neck one but I sold it after testing the Evnroll. I'd love to give one of the slant neck ones a shot

I just got a slant neck Red Tour w/o a sight line, and so far so good at the practice green. I haven't taken it out to the course yet though, because it's a big change both visually and feel(?) wise from the YES! Tracy I've been gaming.

I'm not really very techy when it comes to clubs, per se. If I like the look, I usually have success, and vice versa.

My question is, do the slant or flow necks affect the putting stroke at all? For example, is one balanced differently then the other, such as face balanced or toe hang? Or maybe they differ in some other way?

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB