TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nike Machspeed Fairway

• SPY VIP

Anyone else hit the Machspeed fairway yet. I am shopping for a 4W so I took a swing at the Nike.

The head looks a bit bizarre at address. So much for me that I had to look at the grip to see how the face should be sitting.

Hit the ball well, and I guess that is the real issue, but I can't buy a club that has that much Salvador Dali in the design.

Is the driver the same distorted square shape?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

From what I've seen, the driver is very similar. While I'm not what one might call a fan of these alternative shapes, I've learned never to make up my mind without hitting it first. Hopefully MGS will get a chance to take one out for a test drive so we can see what the numbers have to say.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

i felt like there was too much offset when setting up to it, but definitely one of the more interesting and appealing "stealthy" designs in Nike's lineup.

I agree with the offset. My issue was not really being sure how close or open the face should be at address. Just the look of the promo picts made me want to add one to the bag, but once in hand it didn't work out so well.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I have hit all the Machspeed products, with the exception of the irons, and my impressions are not too favorable. I am not a fan of the shape, sound, or flight. The prices seem right, but who wants to spend 279.00 for a loud, square, spinny driver?? Not this guy.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived