Considering a new putter

Brian A

So I am debating on getting a new putter, I currently use the TaylorMade Spider Blade Counter Balanced putter. I am a fairly decent putter, usually average under 2 per hole. I am ready to go all in on a putter, and was looking at a Cameron Newport or going totally different style with the Spider (since it seems to be the most popular on tour now).  

Are either of these really going to help me that much?

After playing around in the store with the spider it seems that this club is harder turn or not come back smooth and straight with due to the longer backside, is that the purpose of the design or am I crazy? 

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Putting is extremely personal, i wouldn't switch to a huge mallet, just because PGA guys are winning with it......You need to try a bunch out, I bought a Scotty a little over a year ago, and LOVE it, but it might not fit your eye..........Also, look at EVNRoll, Bettinardi, Cleveland, etc....they all make great putters, the question is, which one fits YOU

• Like 4

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

If I was averaging under 2 putts per hole with a petrified turd taped to a stick the last thing I would consider is changing my putter.

I think we have a winner for comment of the day!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

• Like 9

I think we have a winner for comment of the day!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

and an idea for a custom putter!

• Like 5

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

If I was averaging under 2 putts per hole with a petrified turd taped to a stick the last thing I would consider is changing my putter.

I have to admit this made me laugh. I double checked my app, its 2 per hole 1.7 with GIR. So not quite under 2.

I just assumed that a better putter help drop it below 1.5

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

SeeMore, EVNROLL and MLA have some of the best reputations as far as helping alignment.  Check all three IMO. 

• Like 2

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Mavrik with Reg. Flex UST Mamiya Helium Black 4 Graphite Shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5-X  PIC

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

I just assumed that a better putter help drop it below 1.5

I guess the question is what do you consider a better putter? Does the fact that a PGA pro plays the putter or that it costs $500 make it better?

The best putter is the on you can start on you intended line and that you can roll a specific distance.

Putters are designed in varying configurations to accommodate the way you putt. If you want to play a particular putter because it looks good just understand you may have to change your stroke to get it work properly

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Jokes aside I'm planning a trip to get fitted for an Edel. Putting is the worst part of my game. I always miss left, no matter what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I recently bought the Cleveland 2135 8.0 and I love it. Feels great off the face and is super responsive. I basically lived at the PGA Superstore for two weeks as I tried every putter under the sun for something I wanted. Like everyone has said above, its a very personal decision as I have a friend who basically puts with a hunk of metal of the end of a stick and loves it. To each his own.

• Like 1

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

Putting is extremely personal, i wouldn't switch to a huge mallet, just because PGA guys are winning with it......You need to try a bunch out, I bought a Scotty a little over a year ago, and LOVE it, but it might not fit your eye..........Also, look at EVNRoll, Bettinardi, Cleveland, etc....they all make great putters, the question is, which one fits YOU

Putting is very personal.  I happen to despise the look and feel of a mallet style putter.  The classic look of an Anser style flat stick is what appeals to me.  I however cannot putt with one to save my life.  Instead the golf gods have cursed me, and their will is for me to putt with one of the most hideous putters ever made.  But..it works.

• Like 3

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

If you can make putts with a paint bucket on the end of a broom stick, so be it. Those pretty putters might look good however if it ain't putting out, you got to kick er out of the bed [emoji6]

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK  3 hybrid 18 Degree
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 5 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey
White Hot OG 7 S

Rather than looks, make sure you get a putter that matches your type of stroke.  Face-balanced, slight arc, strong arc; if you get one that doesn't match your putter stroke, it will fight you.  Then get the correct length and lie angle.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rather than looks, make sure you get a putter that matches your type of stroke. Face-balanced, slight arc, strong arc; if you get one that doesn't match your putter stroke, it will fight you. Then get the correct length and lie angle.

Guilty. I bought a putter suited for strong arc, but it looks "cool" i can't hit big cups from 6'z

- Da Yooper

@low_fade (instagram)

• Like 2

KB another thing as i am sitting here looking at putters is the feel when it leaves the putter head. Do you like a soft feel from an insert that most phtters have today or a traditional milled blade or mallet. If i could have my wish for the putter of my dreams it would be ?????

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Rocket blades

vokey wedges

Wilson 8802

I am looking at the Edel Brick or the Ping Sigma Kushin. I've read all I can find about the Edel. Anyone gaming that Ping?

I game the Sigma G Anser, and I've tested the Kushin and they're both amazing putters. I ordered the Anser before I had a chance to test the Kushin, and I almost regret it. I like the weighting of the Kushin just a little more I think. Very solid putters.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X