Our Sponsors

Your first name: Hoku

Your home state/province: Washington

Your current handicap: 11

Your current iron set: Mizuno MP-59

Your biggest strength: peak height and spin

weakness to your iron game: strike consistency

In the bag:

Driver - Callaway X2 Hot (10 Degrees, Neutral)

Wood - Cobra Bio Cell (14.5 Degrees, Neutral)

Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell (19.5 Degrees, Neutral)

Irons (PW-4) - Mizuno MP-59 with KBS Tour 120g shafts

Wedges - Mizuno MP-T4 wedges (50, 56, 60 degrees)

Putter - Odyssey Rossie II 

Ball - Taylormade Project [a]

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was a fantastic response to this thread, thanks to everyone for joining the forums and applying.  After a long review and selection process we have our group.   Congrats to:   Highfade &

(4) TESTERS WANTED   Callaway Steelhead XR/ XR Pro Irons     Can a remake ever be as good as the original? Could a remake ever be better than the original?   Ever since the rebirth of Big Ber

Holy Crap! This is amazing!!! Thanks so much MGS for this opportunity, can't wait to share this with my fellow MGS testers!

Posted Images

1-Maria Lorena Barrera Ruiz

2-Currently living in McAllen, Texas

3-Handicap is 8, hopefully 4 in the next coming weeks

4- Callaway X18 Lady Gems Graphite Shafts

5-My biggest strenght in my game are my 2nd shot, I work well with my irons. I leave it pretty close to the flag.

6-My biggest weakness would be the lack of distance I have from my graphite clubs, they are also pretty old, I've had those for over 10 years. Also my putting could use more work.

I've alwasy used Callaway brand in everything I buy and love their products. I went to test the Steelhead xr pro and loved them but I couldn't take them to practice on an actual course. I would really love the opportunity to test them.

Your first name - Noel

Your home state/province - Emu Plains NSW Australia

Your current handicap - 9

Your current iron set - Wilson C200

Your biggest strength & weakness to your iron game - Short game and Long Game

Please can we have a winner from AUS !

Dave name="GolfSpy Barbajo" post="268112" timestamp="1491881620"]

(4) TESTERS WANTED

Callaway Steehead XR - 9.jpg

Callaway Steelhead XR/

XR Pro Irons

Can a remake ever be as good as the original? Could a remake ever be better than the original?

Ever since the rebirth of Big Bertha, Callaway has had no problem bringing back iconic names from the past - Great Big Bertha, Fusion, Apex and now, Steelhead.

Callaway has hit the proverbial daily double with the new Steelhead XR and the Steelhead XR Pro irons. At last count, the Steelhead XR's are the number one selling iron in golf and has helped make Callaway the number one OEM in golf.

Clearly the Steelheads are more than just a new dress on an old girl, but does the performance match the hype? That's where you come in.

Callaway-Steelhead-XR-irons-3.jpg

Testers Wanted:

Callaway touts the new Steelheads as a signature shape with breakthrough performance. Both the XR and XR Pro models check all the boxes: speed and distance from the next-generation 360 Cup Face Technology, the Bore-Thru hosel for greater forgiveness and a progressive center of gravity for more control.

Can these new sticks with the old names improve your ball striking and help you shoot lower scores? We need four avid golfers to help us find out.

Callaway-Steelhead-XR-Pro-13.jpg

How To Apply:

As you know, we take our club testing very seriously here at MyGolfSpy. We need two of you to test and review (and keep) a set of Callaway Steelhead XR's, and two more to test and review (and keep) a set of Steelhead XR Pro's.

If you'd like to be a tester, please follow these instructions carefully. In this thread, tell us:

Your first name

Your home state/province

Your current handicap

Your current iron set

Your biggest strength & weakness to your iron game

It's that simple!

Callaway-Steelhead-XR-irons-1jpg.jpg

We will announce the 4 testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back here.

Remember, you MUST apply in THIS THREAD to be eligible.

And if you're a newer member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, we recommend reading these two threads for some helpful hints on how to be selected as a tester.

Forum Testing - How Testers Will Be Chosen

​Equipment Review Tips and Tricks

Joshua

Handicap is 24.1

Currently living in Colorado

Current set of Irons Nike Pro Vapors ( above my pay grade lol and a lefty maybe worse)

Best part of my Iron game inside 120

Worst part of my iron game is out side 140

Would love a chance to demo and review these clubs, I changed from the Taylormade burner 2s to the Nike pro vapors, because I could not feel or hear what I was doing wrong with my irons. Now I miss the relief and distance that I had before.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Your first name: Scott

Your home state/province : California

Your current handicap : 17

Your current iron set : TaylorMade RAC OS

Your biggest strength & weakness to your iron game: (S): Consistency in short irons (7-9)

(W) : Accuracy & inconsistent contact with long irons (3-4)

A proud member of "Arnie's Army" for life..

(SDG)

Name: Manja
Home State: Nijeveen, The Netherlands
Handicap: 15
Current irons: King Cobra FP (2008)
Biggest Strength:  accuracy with my pw, 9 and 8 irons
Biggest weakness: Low ball flight, don't hit the ball always in the center of the face and I need to create more distance

Driver  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 10,5* Project X Even Flow 5.0A 45G

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: 816 H1 19

Irons:   :callaway-small:  Apex CF16 (5-PW) - Recoil 760 F3

Wedges:   :vokey-small:  SM6 56

Putter:   :odyssey-small:   White Hot XG Teron

Ball: :callaway-small: E.R.C. Soft Triple Track

Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO