Charity Golf Outings

Golfspy_CG2

I want to get some feedback from everyone here and hope you have fun playing along!

So you're playing in a charity scramble, and you win one of the closest to the pin holes..   You get called up during the after golf awards to get your prize and it's a 1 dozen ProV's...Awesome right?

Would it bother you at all if the balls had the course logo on it?

Beyond that, would it bother you more if it had the logo and "Contest Winner" or something to that affect on the personalized line. 

Then lastly, open up to brainstorming....what sort of inscription do you think would be good for a such a prize or that wouldn't bother you.   For your time and thoughts, there will be a little something given out.    I'll use a random selection process of everyone who offers a suggestion, to pick a winner.

thanks looking forward to your replies!!

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I think a lot of this has to do with size for me. I don't want the logo to be distracting. That said, having my ball say contest winner is probably a confidence booster. I think as long as the real estate is managed to be minimal, it's an awesome prize.

Lastly, I think "Go Low!" Would be a cool message.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• SPY VIP

I actually kind of like both the logo and the contest winner idea. I'd be pumped to win the closest to the pin and would like the memory of the win resurfacing whenever I used one of the prize balls.

Maybe put the event name in the Contest Winner spot. Something like "Swing at Cancer" instead would be a great reminder of why you were there in the first place. Plus, I'd feel like an ass if I lost a ball that said contest winner, though whoever found it would get a good laugh I'm sure.

• Like 2

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Would it bother you at all if the balls had the course logo on it?  

Not at all, IMHO it's almost expected.

Beyond that, would it bother you more if it had the logo and "Contest Winner" or something to that affect on the personalized line?

No, but it might look a bit silly when someone pulls it out of some weeds in the woods ;)

Then lastly, open up to brainstorming....what sort of inscription do you think would be good for a such a prize or that wouldn't bother you?

Course Logo & name of Tournament

• Like 3

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Prov's... I wouldn't care What was on it! I love em! But having a memento of the course is a good thing.

Just like the "Callout Winner" here on THP... it's nice to have.

I'd like to see the name of the tournament on it as well. Just so I know what it is when I'm old and gray. HA!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

Generally speaking, I don't like or play logo balls. Winning a dozen of them as a prize would therefore come as a bit of a letdown, but nonetheless the prize (or any other prize for that matter) would be gratefully received in the same spirit that it was given. 

Leave inscriptions for medals and the like which make a much better memento of the occasion if you ask me - having it on a dozen balls which will eventually get lost, wear out or generally make you look slightly lame in front of your playing partners some months later seems rather disingenuous. 

• Like 3

If the balls had a logo, I wouldn't use them - they would go in the collection of other things to look at.

I also like the idea of medals or plaques.

Even a hand-stamped copper ball marker! ;) or a divot tool would be good - something that the winner use, but not lose.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Because the prize is pretty much the most expensive ball around, personally, I wouldn't care what may be printed on it.   Again, because of the expense of the balls used and not the less expensive used most times, my suggestion would be a certificate for a dozen balls of the players choice.  While the pro-v is popular, not everyone plays them.   If the desire is for the prize to reflect the course, then with the balls include one of those poker chips that most clubs have with their names and logos.   If the winner then uses the chip to mark his ball on the green, more people will notice that over the ball hit.   For that matter, based on retail, how much more is a shirt with the course logo than a dozen pro-vs.

• Like 2

I really don't like logo golf balls, personally, but as a contest prize I'd have no problem with it or the 'contest winner' stamping.   I never complain about free stuff  :D

put something like "closest to the pin"  "threw a dart" "stuck it close" on it

• Like 4

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

Prov's... I wouldn't care What was on it! I love em! But having a memento of the course is a good thing.

Just like the "Callout Winner" here on THP... it's nice to have.

I'd like to see the name of the tournament on it as well. Just so I know what it is when I'm old and gray. HA!

Thanks for the idea, but you are DQ'd for forgetting what site you're on!!   LOL

• Like 6

Thanks for the ideas and thoughts far guys.....And I laughed out loud at wbealsd and GSDave about finding the contest winner ball  in the weeds or trees..LOL

also I should say, these are meant to be used the entire season for every outing, so having  an individual outing name isn't an option in this case.  We do that for ones that are being given away at registration as a gift for outings that buy them.

Some good ideas so far!! 

• Like 1

So the logo wouldn't bother me or the "contest winner" but you could go with "somebodies closer" or something fun on them instead of winner

• Like 1

I'm also not a huge fan of logo balls and I typically don't play them either. I really like the idea posted earlier about something like an awesome ball market that they would use or a cool repair tool with something stamped on it. Put on it the ol Happy Gilmore saying "Somebody's closer".

• Like 1

Oops. I hate Tapatalk. Lol

• Like 1

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

I understand there's a guy on here who makes custom copper ball markers/coins, if you wanted to go that route  :P

• Like 3

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

As a prize for a charity event logo balls or balls with sayings wouldn't bother me.

Based on one of your responses I get the impression that this is something that the course is looking to do for having tournaments held at the course. The logo would obviously be advertising but now you want to try and draw people back to the course maybe make the ball a coupon for x dollars if the next round. If they get lost on another course then you might bring in new players.

Maybe you can provide more context on why you can't print the event name on the ball other than it will be used for multiple events

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think the name of the event or course and the contest they won would be good. I know if I wont that I'd save at least one ball. (Im not too used to winning things at golf) but its something that I would be proud of. 

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Oops. I hate Tapatalk. Lol

Well there is one way to fix that, delete "The other one"   Just kidding...the world is big enough for multiple golf websites, anyone being "loyal" to just one, is doing their-self a disservice  :D

• Like 1

make the ball a coupon for x dollars if the next round. If they get lost on another course then you might bring in new players.

Maybe you can provide more context on why you can't print the event name on the ball other than it will be used for multiple events

That fist line may be one of the most unique and genius ideas I've heard of!!  TKS

Because they will all be ordered in big run.   

But thinking this through a bit more, there may be another way to get it done and have each outing on it....Thanks again for making me rethink it!!

• Like 1

I understand there's a guy on here who makes custom copper ball markers/coins, if you wanted to go that route  :P

Thanks for the reminder!  Definitely something for me to keep in mind down the road. 

• Like 1