TESTERS WANTED! ×

Charity Golf Outings

Golfspy_CG2

Yes, I wanted to know from players perspective how they would feel winning PROV's with a logo or inscription. Would they feel it cheapened it

The other items you mentioned have all been discussed. Yeti Tumblers with our small discreet logo were really a hot idea. Apparently though Yeti won't deal with you unless your talking thousands of tumblers not hundreds.

I also like the Puma SoundChuck. Especially the new mini one. We couldn't get it logo'd (we asked) but it would be a cool gift.

There's a bunch of Yeti-like products out there that I believe will deal w you on a much smaller scale (a friend has a tourney/corporate logo business that organized golf outings and has done those for our home club).

No matter what you select, the fact that you're thinking about it this hard says good things about your club and staff. I hope your players appreciate you

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a bunch of Yeti-like products out there that I believe will deal w you on a much smaller scale (a friend has a tourney/corporate logo business that organized golf outings and has done those for our home club).

No matter what you select, the fact that you're thinking about it this hard says good things about your club and staff. I hope your players appreciate you

Yeah, there are for sure. I  picked one from one brand (I honestly can't remember the name) at the PGA Show.  They swore up and down it lasted every bit as long as a Yeti, and yes said they would do much smaller minimums.  so I tried it out when I got back home, and it only seemed to hold the temperature for at about an hour or so at most.

It's not an idea we've given up on completely, my boss is a huge YETI lover, so I'm sure he'll keep trying..ha 

Thanks for the kind words, we did over 150 outings last year and I send each one a follow up survey, and I was very happy and proud that we scored a 98% on overall satisfaction.   Of course being the competitor that I am, I want to know what happened with the other 2%.   Actually I do know, and it was simply the fact that our operations team dropped the ball on one day in having everything prepped for an outing.  The Head Pro felt horrible about it and vowed it wouldn't happen again, and we reached out to that client and offered a discount on this years outing.    They were very gracious and two weeks after the fact, said it wasn't as big of deal as they made it out to be. 

Oh well, got off track there a bit.  But going the extra mile for our outings is something, I and our whole staff truly enjoy.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Winner:

Congrats to CJWeigmann as his post was randomly selected to receive the prize of a Dozen ProV1's   They may or may not have a logo on them....he'll have to wait and see...

Also a consolation prize is being sent to cnosil for his brilliant idea of imprinting a redeemable value on the ball.  We may or may not use that in some way, but I've been thinking a lot over the weekend in different ways it could be used.   Also once redeemed, we could sell the ball individually in a "used" ball jar for say $2.00 and that way it could be used over and over again.   The gift that keeps on giving as Cousin Eddie might say...HA

I received the ProV1's from Carolina! What a great gift! Can't wait to put these into play this weekend! Thanks again!!! 

IMG_3098 copy.jpg

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

You're welcome CJ...Have fun with them this weekend!!

Just wanted to take a moment and point out something about CW.

When his name came up as the random winner, I noticed he was a pretty new member and only had a few posts.  But Random is random!!  

Well, he sent me a very nice Thank You PM, shortly after that I noticed he had updated his profile to include a pic and signature with his bag, and has had a lot of post/activity in different threads since then.

THAT'S the way to jump in as a new member and get engaged.   I'm thrilled someone one that really appreciated it and has taken to the forum so quickly.    

I just wanted to put that out there for all the new members, letting them know the type of place this forum can be if they want it to be.

thanks CJ!!

Thanks Carolina!! Appreciate the kind words and the help you have given me thus far!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my short time here and I look forward to talking shop with ya'll soon!

Thanks again!

CJW

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

I'd say the flag of the hole that is closest to the pin with "pin seeker" on it.... if that could be arranged...... or a ball marker with pin seeker stamped on it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

House balls are lame..for a skill prize a momento of the achievement is in order including the course logo and the name of the charity. Just saying or rather thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Even though the prize was awarded last week, thanks for the continued input.

Just a reminder to everyone, as the good ideas continue to roll in.   These can't be Charity or Outing specific, that's a whole different prize that we do, when the outing wants it and orders it.    

These are prizes we provide at no additional cost to the outing.  So we order them in large quantity at the beginning of the season, and because of cost of setup and such, they have to have the same thing imprinted or logo'd on it.    It's something we do extra, in the case of the charity wanting a specific name or logo on a ball, shirt, hat or other item and willing to pay for it, we're more than happy to give a good price on that. 

I think it's a great idea. Make the inscription match the prize - ace could be for closest to the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am organizing a fundraising golf outing this year. This is my first attempt to organize a golf outing and I am winging it. Has anyone had any success obtains donations from golf equipment companies? If any one wants to share a tip for a successful outing, I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

Yes... I've been involved in golf tournament organization. Mostly club related but a few charily scramble fund raisers also. We did solicit golf equipment but not from the OEM's. Just golf retailers.

I think you might spin your wheels going after the OEM's. Unless you're putting on some sort of Nationally recognized event.

Also, I wouldn't limit yourself to golf equipment only. People enjoy winning almost anything. Not just a new driver or putter. This is advertising for the folks that provide the prizes.

We used to years ago get sponsors to donate golf equipment, travel, TV's, BBQ grills, guns, power tools, fishing rods, you name it. You won't see that much anymore but people loved it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Myself and my family have run a successful charity golf outing here in Ohio for 13 years or so now. I've tried contacting OEM's and have had no luck. I have contacted local golf shops who have been extremely generous with us. That being said - I'll echo Plaid's comment and say, don't limit yourself. We have family, friends, and other local business of ALL sorts put together baskets for a raffle and it generates a lot of interest. Also - local retailers of all sorts will usually be willing to donate gift cards to their services as well. Just something to look into.

The first few years were a bit difficult (we had to piece together a lot of the baskets ourselves and fund it out of our own pockets (tax write off) but as it grew the donations were easier to come by because retailers can see the benefit to their own donations (advertising/PR).

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Yeah. I have a little experience. Putting on 150 of them a year.

The advice already given about soliciting OEM is spot on.

If you are heck bent on that route. Ask the Head Pro at the host course to ask the local rep from the company he is on staff with, to ask for something on your behalf. The odds are it will still be no or something very small like some hats or couple dozen balls. But it's better than you will do on your own.

Feel free to to pm me your email and I'll share with you a list of things I offer our outings that ask for help.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You'll fair better asking retailers. OEM's do it for one and someone finds out, they'd be obligated or feel obligated to do it for all. Retailers will also sell you a package. The PGA superstore is great to work with on ordering bulk. I've got a contact there in corporate for that if you're interested. Shoot me a PM and I can give you the info for them

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived