TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra One Length Irons

This was always a set of irons I'd like to try. I don't know if I could ever get used to it, but it would definitely be cool to play with for a couple rounds. I've heard great things about them, and how they could lead to improved performance due to all the shafts being the same length. It just may take a lot of getting used to.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

There hard to find right now, apparently Cobra is having a hard time keeping up with demand. I've wanted to try them for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

Look for StrokerAce. He's got a set.

EDIT: they might be the Wishon/Sterling - can't recall exactly.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The cobra one length are in the most wanted testing. I was testing the wedges from various sets and really didn't notice a big difference. I took the approach of taking the next club in the sequence and hitting the club. I seemed to hit it as well as any of the others in my test group. Eager to hit the other irons for comparison.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm loooking forward to trying these, love the concept. Was hoping MGS would maybe get a few sets for forum member testing, but happy to see them in the Most Wanted Testing. Wonder if Cobra will make a new line ( or 2 considering GI tech & forged) each year like the other clubs, or maybe a 2 year cycle since they're so new

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I have tried both the F7 and the Forged One.  Even played the demos (5,7,9) in an Interclub match (which I halved) 

We spent about a week fitting me up, ordered the forged (because they feel sweeeett) last Thursday and I get them next Wednesday.  Would've had them tomorrow but it's Easter break here, grrrrr. :angry:

IMO they are at least worth at look.  They may take a little getting used to but I had a fairly extensive test run including 4 or 5 different shafts including graphite.

I got a buddy who got a bit of the golf bug when we did a guys night at TopGolf. Since he's starting older than most (37), I'd imagine that this would be a great market (albeit small) for the single length irons as new players literally have nothing to compare to and would be less likely to have a prejudice/preference. I would think it would make the game "easier" to pick up and may help them be more successful earlier. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Definitely one of the more intriguing golf sets this year which I wouldn't mind trying out.  If you replace all you shafts to one length and add weights to each iron, would it be the same? 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Definitely one of the more intriguing golf sets this year which I wouldn't mind trying out.  If you replace all you shafts to one length and add weights to each iron, would it be the same? 

I'm certainly not a club fitter or engineer, but just from what I've been told by some friends who do fittings for an OEM, that the weight of the heads have to be matched/adjusted to any shafts that are not standard length.  To me that is one of the amazing things that these clubs are so affordable, you would think if Cobra has to create different weight heads for each loft, then it would have added a lot fo the production cost. 

Not sure if that all made sense or not. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Know what exactly what you mean, so much R&D and tech goes into these clubs.  And we wonder why club prices are up there.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Total win for me. Five out of five

I've got the F7s from 4-9,PW,GW,SW, and the 60*, at +2.5* upright and 0.75" longer. To someone thats only 5'9", almost laughable, but I play very upright. Funny enough, for a hack like me, hit the forged just as accurately, and further, than the F7s.

Hit the 4 iron 170m on the fly and basically step down about 7-9m of flight each club. Had a little bit of gapping issues initially, due to the different weight distributions (Particularly between the different constructions, and the lighter heads its easier for me to swing faster. The D200 driver I had previously had a swing speed of 170kph, but its dropped down to 160kph with the Cobra F7, a bit heavier by comparison)), but now I'm in the rhythm of swinging all of the irons at low 140s kph, that problems been pretty much eliminated. Still having slight trouble 3 weeks later with digging the 60* in the ground, but I've got a feeling that it has been overbent upright, so I'll go check that out some time soon. But remains the only club that I am having difficulty with.

The 4 and the 5 are some of the easiest clubs that I have hit. Great feel, pick it up off the grass and the tee easily. The other clubs are pretty much on par with the Wilson di11s I previously had.

I never was a big spinner of the ball on the 60* - best I could do previously was stop the ball. With the 60* though, probably due to the extra clubhead speed, I actually get backspin. Almost showing off to myself now.

But as the advertising says, the improvement on the consistency of the swing and shot is much better. But just to start using the 4 and the 5 easily is the win in itself. I would say that for those that don't like the idea of a single length shaft, it may be worth considering to buy the one length 4 and 5, then switch to the variable length F7s for the rest of the club set. For me, I'm sticking with one length for those irons - would consider a 3 also, but currently using the utility or 5-6 wood, depending on conditions.

Total win for me. Five out of five

I've got the F7s from 4-9,PW,GW,SW, and the 60*, at +2.5* upright and 0.75" longer. To someone thats only 5'9", almost laughable, but I play very upright. Funny enough, for a hack like me, hit the forged just as accurately, and further, than the F7s.

Hit the 4 iron 170m on the fly and basically step down about 7-9m of flight each club. Had a little bit of gapping issues initially, due to the different weight distributions (Particularly between the different constructions, and the lighter heads its easier for me to swing faster. The D200 driver I had previously had a swing speed of 170kph, but its dropped down to 160kph with the Cobra F7, a bit heavier by comparison)), but now I'm in the rhythm of swinging all of the irons at low 140s kph, that problems been pretty much eliminated. Still having slight trouble 3 weeks later with digging the 60* in the ground, but I've got a feeling that it has been overbent upright, so I'll go check that out some time soon. But remains the only club that I am having difficulty with.

The 4 and the 5 are some of the easiest clubs that I have hit. Great feel, pick it up off the grass and the tee easily. The other clubs are pretty much on par with the Wilson di11s I previously had.

I never was a big spinner of the ball on the 60* - best I could do previously was stop the ball. With the 60* though, probably due to the extra clubhead speed, I actually get backspin. Almost showing off to myself now.

But as the advertising says, the improvement on the consistency of the swing and shot is much better. But just to start using the 4 and the 5 easily is the win in itself. I would say that for those that don't like the idea of a single length shaft, it may be worth considering to buy the one length 4 and 5, then switch to the variable length F7s for the rest of the club set. For me, I'm sticking with one length for those irons - would consider a 3 also, but currently using the utility or 5-6 wood, depending on conditions.

What about ball flight with the longer irons? How much difference is there between your old four iron ball flight and the new flight? I don't play much links golf in Georgia, so I worry about the bullet four and five iron shots when it needs to launch high like my 565s. 

"I don't lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word"- General James "Mad Dog" Mattis. USMC

Jmgonet45's Bag

Taylormade M1 8.5 lofted down a quarter turn to 8.25. Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 X

Taylormade M2 15 Degree. Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 X

Taylormade M1 19 Degree. Motore Speeder 8.3 Tour Spec X. 

Srixon 565 Irons 4-6. KBS C-Taper 130x 1 deg upright ,standard loft

Srixon 765 Irons 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130x 1 deg upright, standard loft

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50-54-60. KBS C-Taper 130x. 1 deg upright, standard loft

Taylormade Rossa Monza Itsy Bitsy Spider, 35 inch.

What about ball flight with the longer irons? How much difference is there between your old four iron ball flight and the new flight? I don't play much links golf in Georgia, so I worry about the bullet four and five iron shots when it needs to launch high like my 565s. 

Actually get a little more flight from the F7 to the di11s. 25m height maybe?

I played at Maffra (VIC, AUS) recently, which is typically a dry course. 175m par 3, hit the green, didn't leave much of a mark... 10m?

The one length irons have always intrigued me. Always thought the longer irons were problematic. Ditched my 3 and 4 iron a long time ago for hybrids and haven't looked back. My five iron was always my love/hate club....truly the Jekyll and Hyde of my golf bag. I found a six hybrid that goes the same distance as my five iron....My five iron is now retired in my basement. I think for people who don't hit long irons well and hybrids are a hook machine for them....one length irons make a lot of sense.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Archived