Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Full Swing or Not

The video is similar. The idea is that without any momentum, your natural flexibility will let you know what is the best "length" for your backswing. If someone has flexibility issues, it will show them. A lot of times I've seen that people will achieve a shorter backswing position​ but hit the ball better. It has always worked for me.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

This will definitely help a lot of older guys who have loss flexibility due to injuries, surgeries, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I felt that I was getting a little too long on my back swing, so I experimented with taking it little pass 90 degrees and what I found was that I hit it about the same distance with the driver and irons, also felt that I was getting better contact. Anyone else experience this and understand why?

You are probably getting more of a variation because a full swing has more variables too it that a half swing. Myself I use a half swing. I take the club back til my arms are straight. Then bring it around town. I feel it's easier and doesn't kill my back. I've also found that the full swing will give ten to 15 more yards in any given direction. I just feel it's a lot less controlled. But if you can get a full swing that you don't slice and can replicate all the time, it's always the way to go.

808 Nation, you r correct. Every time I start to overswing I lose yardage and being an old fart I can't afford to lose anything.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Archived