• Bridgestone B 330
    • TaylorMade TP5
    • Volvik S4
    • Vice Pro
    • Snell MTB
    • Kirkland Signature
    • Callaway Chrome Soft
    • Other

Good - so let's get back on topic. What ball is the dude going to play???

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh the beauty of having an unpopular opinion.

I believe that as a person with "celebrity-like" status, it IS his/er responsibility to help better his/her sport or profession. He would not be playing had it not been for the guys like Palmer and Nicklaus, heck even Tiger, with all his shortcomings made the sport better. I have my opinion on him and I've always called it as I see it. Sure, maybe in time I'll change but as of right now I am unimpressed. But it's cool, happy to see the donations and other links Barb posted. That's definitely something I was obviously not aware of. I was mainly angry with the Olympic comments.

The man said he was wrong about the Olympics. If thats why you don't like him then its time to move on.

Also Rory is one of the most well liked players on tour by his peers and more importantly the little people. Locker room attendants, volunteers and caddies all voted him one of the best guys on tour.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.golfdigest.com/gallery/top-30-good-guys-on-tour/amp

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'm sorry, it seems someone has cried uncle and this has been left alone. Apologies for bringing it back up. Alot has happened since my drive back from my parents I see.

Edit: i still think he would do well with the new TP5 but don't see him choosing it.
Bridgestone is still my bet as their ball is much firmer than the Chrome soft X.

I'm sorry, it seems someone has cried uncle and this has been left alone. Apologies for bringing it back up. Alot has happened since my drive back from my parents I see.

Edit: i still think he would do well with the new TP5 but don't see him choosing it.

Bridgeston is still my bet as their ball is much firmer than the Chrome soft X.

Hey undershooter, thanks for the nice jab. I'm not calling anything. I stated my opinion and when it ruffled some feathers I decided to be a grown up and let it be. Should try it sometime.....

As for the ball, if he is strictly performance, it will be the Snell MTB

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Hey undershooter, thanks for the nice jab. I'm not calling anything. I stated my opinion and when it ruffled some feathers I decided to be a grown up and let it be. Should try it sometime.....

That'll be all boys. Back on topic...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Getting back to the ball topic MTB is a great ball, every ball mentioned here is a great ball but not necessarily for Rory so what about his game and the characteristics of the MTB would make it the best for him?

I still maintain he's going somewhere that will custom make a ball that he prefers. Its too important to him to take something off the shelf if what he wants isn't out there.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Getting back to the ball topic MTB is a great ball, every ball mentioned here is a great ball but not necessarily for Rory so what about his game and the characteristics of the MTB would make it the best for him?

I still maintain he's going somewhere that will custom make a ball that he prefers. Its too important to him to take something off the shelf if what he wants isn't out there.

He was complaining about too much spin off the driver. I think the Snell MTB is just monstrous off the tee with less spin us better feel. It's an all around better performer than the x.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

He was complaining about too much spin off the driver. I think the Snell MTB is just monstrous off the tee with less spin us better feel. It's an all around better performer than the x.

Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for him. He tests tons of equipment and has no contract so he can choose exactly what he likes. 

Balls do not always react the same off of different clubs. Thus finding the right matchup of clubs and balls can be tricky. Which is why there is not a magic right answer (ball) for everyone and also why some players switch balls when they switch clubs. 

You're welcome for the jab btw. You earned it  :D

A bunch of votes for B-330. Curious as to what makes this ball better for him? TP5X, Srixon z-star, CSX balls are just as good in my opinion. Since he already is using Callaway and Tmag equipment wouldn't it make more sense for him to tee it up with one of those. It would be cool to see him choose something of the wall like Snell, or Vice, but that won't happen.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for him. He tests tons of equipment and has no contract so he can choose exactly what he likes.

Balls do not always react the same off of different clubs. Thus finding the right matchup of clubs and balls can be tricky. Which is why there is not a magic right answer (ball) for everyone and also why some players switch balls when they switch clubs.

You're welcome for the jab btw. You earned it :D

My apologies for again offering my opinion to the op's original question.

Since apparently offering my opinion here is no longer going to be respected like everyone else's and am the only one being told to move on when I am clearly trying to and still getting attacked​, I will refrain from participating in any other further discussions with the community.

Since apparently offering my opinion here is no longer going to be respected like everyone else's and am the only one being told to move on when I am clearly trying to and still getting attacked​, I will refrain from participating in any other further discussions with the community.

I don't think he was attacking you.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Grow up dude. I'm not attacking you and it isn't personal. I just happen to have 100% the opposite of your take and everyone including myself gave reasons why we thought you opinion was misguided. Its called a disagreement and people have them all of time.

If you so choose to leave the forums than its 100% on you as nobody is asking you to leave.

I purely think you are taking a VERY shortsighted viewpoint. I have seen very little from your side of the argument to persuade me otherwise.

On the other hand, there have been many examples of people who have the opposite view from yourself.

Personally, I hope you stick around. But if you do, don't be offended when you give an outlandish take and people disagree with you and provide evidence otherwise.

I don't think he was attacking you.

No? Of all the posts that members posted on the subject he's only gone after mine. I tried to be the better person and let it go even after barb quoted my post to stay on topic.

I've been a member of good standing here for quite some time and have donated even though I was borderline bankrupt. If there's anything I've ever liked about this site is that we can give our opinion and at least for me it's always been respected by the other members.

I'm sorry you feel that way Theoo....

A bunch of votes for B-330. Curious as to what makes this ball better for him? TP5X, Srixon z-star, CSX balls are just as good in my opinion. Since he already is using Callaway and Tmag equipment wouldn't it make more sense for him to tee it up with one of those. It would be cool to see him choose something of the wall like Snell, or Vice, but that won't happen.

I'd say it has to do with it being a firm tour ball and it would be an easy adjustment for him as they used to make Nike's stuff.

Personally I wish he would give the TP5X a shot but it wouldn't make much sense down the road if he signs with Cally.

The chrome soft X is just soft compared to the others. At least imo.

Thats why I voted for the B330. Can't say about the others though.

Oh and that's who Tiger(his buddy/role model) switched to. Not that it really matters though.

No? Of all the posts that members posted on the subject he's only gone after mine. I tried to be the better person and let it go even after barb quoted my post to stay on topic.

I've been a member of good standing here for quite some time and have donated even though I was borderline bankrupt. If there's anything I've ever liked about this site is that we can give our opinion and at least for me it's always been respected by the other members.

I'm sorry you feel that way Theoo....

Read my reply to you.... You were LITERALLY the only one who had that point of view so who the heck else was I going to disagreeing with??

Grow up dude. I'm not attacking you and it isn't personal. I just happen to have 100% the opposite of your take and everyone including myself gave reasons why we thought you opinion was misguided. Its called a disagreement and people have them all of time.

If you so choose to leave the forums than its 100% on you as nobody is asking you to leave.

I purely think you are taking a VERY shortsighted viewpoint. I have seen very little from your side of the argument to persuade me otherwise.

On the other hand, there have been many examples of people who have the opposite view from yourself.

Personally, I hope you stick around. But if you do, don't be offended when you give an outlandish take and people disagree with you and provide evidence otherwise.

Seriously man I am not leaving this site. I am just going to keep my mouth shut. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone disagreeing with my views on Rory. My problem is that I've tried to move on and give my opinion and stay on topic but you continue to attack my opinion. I believe mygolfspy's test prove my point on the Snell MTB but you continue to discredit my opinion with or without what you call "proof".

As for me growing up, I believe I tried to be the adult a few posts ago....

That'll be enough boys. No more warnings. Let's be grownups!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I am done on the subject and apologize for hijacking this thread with this nonsense

I've been done. Even said I hoped he didn't leave. If he has a problem with me he can PM me.

Back on topic it is.

I would imagine the Bridgestone, TM, or Cally ball makes the most sense for him. If he wants less Driver spin then I would imagine the B330 but I don't know much about the TP balls this year. Waiting to try them. As much as we all love Snell it won't be them lol. Can certainly see why he's leaving the Prov1 stuff. They are so spinny right now, at least for me. I am about to change tournament balls because of all the spin

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Maybe he'll sign up for the forum e6 v ProV testing to help decide 😎

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

If it's low spin off the driver then CSX is one he should look at, they are very low spin off the driver, at least for me anyway. Compared to the ProV1. It will e interesting to see what he does the next few weeks

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm telling you all, He's going with the Top Flight Gamer ball! Ha ha ha ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

TM TPx ball probably.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Although I didn't love the feel for putting, the Nike RZN balls do seem to perform well in the wind from my experience so I can see why he's thrown off.

That said, ProV is basically the gold standard and maybe he just needs more time to adjust. I agree it would be very cool if he switched to a Snell, Vice, or some other kind of independent ball.

Well I doubt we'll be finding out for at least a little while. Rors is getting married this weekend. I doubt we see him until The Players.

Archived