TESTERS WANTED! ×

Zen Tour IV - A Perfectly Balanced Golf Ball?

I love when the mail comes - you never know what's going to be in the mailbox....

Got this press release  today -- I'll quote as much as is necessary:

Smash Pro Sports Launches The First Perfectly Balanced Golf Ball

A balanced ball leads to longer drivers, less sidespin, true rolling putts and lower scores.

SMASH Pro Sports announced the launch of the first perfectly balanced USGA conforming tour golf ball. Zen Tour IV and Zen Bold III's dual balanced patented technology provides more ball and spin control, longer, straight drives and true rolling putts on greens.

Using fluid dynamics, Zen golf balls are balanced and aligned to their exact center of gravity, ensuring a perfect balance when aligned to the target. 

This technology alight the weight distribution of the ball, creating a perfect balance and helping the Zen ball to hold its putting line no matter where it's struck. Most golf balls contain anomalies and imperfections that make the ball spin towards the heavier side. With Zen Golf, we're confident you'll find your balance and unleash your inner pro.

"The golf ball category has become more segmented and customized in the last few years," said Mark Hodson, VP of Business Development. "When we discovered the unique performance enhancements that the Zen ball's bane and alignment deliver, we knew this ball should be on the market. Golfers will gain an edge immediately and feel the difference."

For a limited time, visit zengolfball.com to get 40% off the MSRP. this launch special is available while supplies last. All purchases are backed by the company's 100% money back guarantee.

That's what it says. Honest.

Apparently the theory is a ball that's left heavy will tend to veer left, and a ball that's right heavy will tend to veer right.  I'm guessing this is similar to the theory behind those ball-balancing doohickies that were popular a few years ago, and the age old notion of putting balls into an epsom salt bath and marking the ball with a dot and seeing what happens.  Here's an excerpt from Golfweek.com:

How Can I Water Balance Golf Balls?

By M.L. Rose

On the outside, a golf ball appears to be a perfect sphere, except for the dimpled surface. But there may be imperfections beneath the skin of some golf balls. Among those who've warned the public about these structural anomalies is golf coach Dave Pelz. In his book, “Putt Like the Pros,” Pelz (a former NASA scientist) had a putting machine strike unbalanced balls -- balls that were slightly heavier in one spot than another. Pelz states that the worst balanced balls wandered 2½ inches off course during a 10-foot putt. While some manufacturers advertise golf balls as being perfectly balanced, there's a simple way you may test your golf balls to be sure.

Place a golf ball in lukewarm water, then add Epsom salts until the ball floats, the Life Tips website directs. Chicago Tribune golf reporter Ed Sherman notes that the test may also include “a few drops of dishwashing detergent.”

Mark the top of the ball with a felt tip pen or marker.

Hold the ball beneath the water and spin it. Note whether the marked spot rises to the top, then repeat the procedure. If different points of the ball rise to the top of the water, the ball is balanced. But if the marked spot floats to the top each time, the ball is unbalanced, according to Sherman, because the ball's heavier side will always rotate to the bottom.

So, what do you think? Is this hooey?  I'll give these balls a try and see if my game is transformed....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I love when the mail comes - you never know what's going to be in the mailbox....

Got this press release today -- I'll quote as much as is necessary:

Smash Pro Sports Launches The First Perfectly Balanced Golf Ball

A balanced ball leads to longer drivers, less sidespin, true rolling putts and lower scores.

SMASH Pro Sports announced the launch of the first perfectly balanced USGA conforming tour golf ball. Zen Tour IV and Zen Bold III's dual balanced patented technology provides more ball and spin control, longer, straight drives and true rolling putts on greens.

Using fluid dynamics, Zen golf balls are balanced and aligned to their exact center of gravity, ensuring a perfect balance when aligned to the target.

This technology alight the weight distribution of the ball, creating a perfect balance and helping the Zen ball to hold its putting line no matter where it's struck. Most golf balls contain anomalies and imperfections that make the ball spin towards the heavier side. With Zen Golf, we're confident you'll find your balance and unleash your inner pro.

"The golf ball category has become more segmented and customized in the last few years," said Mark Hodson, VP of Business Development. "When we discovered the unique performance enhancements that the Zen ball's bane and alignment deliver, we knew this ball should be on the market. Golfers will gain an edge immediately and feel the difference."

For a limited time, visit zengolfball.com to get 40% off the MSRP. this launch special is available while supplies last. All purchases are backed by the company's 100% money back guarantee.

That's what it says. Honest.

Apparently the theory is a ball that's left heavy will tend to veer left, and a ball that's right heavy will tend to veer right. I'm guessing this is similar to the theory behind those ball-balancing doohickies that were popular a few years ago, and the age old notion of putting balls into an epsom salt bath and marking the ball with a dot and seeing what happens. Here's an excerpt from Golfweek.com:

How Can I Water Balance Golf Balls?

By M.L. Rose

On the outside, a golf ball appears to be a perfect sphere, except for the dimpled surface. But there may be imperfections beneath the skin of some golf balls. Among those who've warned the public about these structural anomalies is golf coach Dave Pelz. In his book, “Putt Like the Pros,” Pelz (a former NASA scientist) had a putting machine strike unbalanced balls -- balls that were slightly heavier in one spot than another. Pelz states that the worst balanced balls wandered 2½ inches off course during a 10-foot putt. While some manufacturers advertise golf balls as being perfectly balanced, there's a simple way you may test your golf balls to be sure.

Place a golf ball in lukewarm water, then add Epsom salts until the ball floats, the Life Tips website directs. Chicago Tribune golf reporter Ed Sherman notes that the test may also include “a few drops of dishwashing detergent.”

Mark the top of the ball with a felt tip pen or marker.

Hold the ball beneath the water and spin it. Note whether the marked spot rises to the top, then repeat the procedure. If different points of the ball rise to the top of the water, the ball is balanced. But if the marked spot floats to the top each time, the ball is unbalanced, according to Sherman, because the ball's heavier side will always rotate to the bottom.

So, what do you think? Is this hooey? I'll give these balls a try and see if my game is transformed....

Can't hurt to try em! I've never thought about golf balls being balanced or not so it would be interesting to see if they produce any different results.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Some pics...

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Can't hurt to try em! I've never thought about golf balls being balanced or not so it would be interesting to see if they produce any different results.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

After the Costco incident, I've learned to never judge anything until I've tried it. No one would have guessed the K-Sign would be what it became until some schmuck somewhere decided to try them. My mind remains warily open...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Uh oh, can you trust a ball with a negative numbering system????

Looks interesting

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Uh oh, can you trust a ball with a negative numbering system????

Looks interesting

That number I think is what you can take off your handicap since it's perfectly built to fly straight and putt straight every time 👍😁

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

... It was easy to take a chance on the KSig at $15 a dozen but $79 a dozen for Zen Tour IV? I think I'll stick with my 2017 Z Stars and their suspect center of gravity.  B)

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... It was easy to take a chance on the KSig at $15 a dozen but $79 a dozen for Zen Tour IV? I think I'll stick with my 2017 Z Stars and their suspect center of gravity.  B)

Where did you find the price? I couldn't find it on the website...but then again it was late, I was tired...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

... You just have to go to the Store on the website:

https://smashprosports.com/products/zen-golf-tour-iv

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... You just have to go to the Store on the website:

https://smashprosports.com/products/zen-golf-tour-iv

Well duh!  My bad -- thanks!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

$79 wow!!!! No wonder they are offering 40% off your first order when you sign up.

zen.PNG

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Hope the negative number makes you shoot under par

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I think I'll go ahead and judge them with my open mind and closed wallet. First off ain't going to buy any 80 freaking dollar golf balls . Also I think their graphic shown above for driver and putting curves is a bunch of hooey! Of course... only the Zen is straight. I've never had a putt go cart-wheeling off line because it was unbalanced. Gimme a break.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

That's about $6.50 every time I perfectly drown one...

And that guy on #15 that I've hit his garage door with my drive more than once? I'll just tape a $5 bill to the door every round and we'll both save some money!

Archived