TESTERS WANTED! ×

Brand Loyal?

Shankster

Dont do Titleist. Ditto.

My conclusion just this week after finding once again that Footjoy is the only shoe that stays true to size, comfort, and stability time after time is that they have my loyalty for good. Unable to try on some brands Ide like to, now, I buy a clean pair used and see. All have been resold on Ebay for that next pair of FJ's. You get what you pay for in shoes more than anything especailly when your golf feet and the rest are shot, and if the FJ's werent worth 100++ a pop neither would any of the rest of them be that charge the same for often much less. FJ it is, the rest pretty much ride their coattails. Done deal.

The Irons are what works and it can be a fun search, when its over. I ve had all the brands and looks was the thing, first.

It does seem that across the board callaway suits, as well as helps, the majority of weekenders more so than others. The X series since the 12's have kept many in the game from the start with their first real investment in it. When asked "which ones" as in which set do I buy, Callaway X(s) was my response to that. So there was some loyalty there for the guy getting serious even though I didnt play them. A cant go wrong thing and the smartest thing Eli ever did was not give his sticks away! ;)

TM's now and Hogans at the ready while 'Its not the arrow its the indian" often comes to mind when that new set is just to pretty to ignore, (read Srixon Z's).

Drivers/Woods are all about results and feel. By the time the shaft is right  :blink: they could be 56 Buicks for all I care.

Wedges are another story, and my long held loyalty is to Cleveland. Roger Cleveland was the man who changed the game as much as anybody putting those wedges in our hands, imho.

Snell is getting my ball dollars for now.

A box of Z Star's or a sleeve or two of B330's still have to get a smack too.

Am going to bust your bubble sort of on the Cleveland wedges and Lord knows I love them. The famous 588 series that I love is a copy of the 1958 Wilson Staff SW. Now Roger did refine them some over the years and his genius for sole designs on some of the new Cally irons is sheer genius. I burst the TM reps bubble the other day at the club. Those new TM TP wedges with the bore through shaft and red plug--- exact copy of the 58 Staff down to the red bore through plug. I just happened to be playing strictly vintage that day and yes even though I am a dyed in the wool Macgregor man I carry a 58 Staff 55* wedge. Pulled it out and showed him his mouth dropped open. I also went out to my truck and got one of my many 588s ( I think I have about 20 in the 56*) and showed him that. Except the 588 is not a bore through. All 3 wedges look alike except the grooves of course. Most classic club hoes have at least 1 if not several 58 Staff wedges in their collection. I like to rile my buddies up over on WRX (in fun) by calling mine a "58 Cleveland"

Give you another one in the nothing new department. The Cally rep was in back last year and we were talking about the spacing of the grooves in some of the new irons. He was saying how innovative they had done the spacing. I told him nothing was new there. Went to the truck and got my Wilson Original R-90 Sand wedge. Same amount and spacing of grooves as my 2013 Cally forged X irons. My wedge is a 2nd or 3rd generation or reissue probabaly 70s or 80s but my original at the house has the same grooves and it is a early 50s model. I blew his mind too 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pings because I got a set from my wife (and afraid to change). Pro v1's because I find so many of them on the course in perfect condition - probably only hit once

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Pings because I got a set from my wife (and afraid to change). Pro v1's because I find so many of them on the course in perfect condition - probably only hit once

2 counts of pure wisdom right here. :)

http://www.instagram.com/libertyballmarkers

http://www.ebay.com/usr/libertyballmarkers

See my signature and WITB. Definitely not lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Am going to bust your bubble sort of on the Cleveland wedges and Lord knows I love them. The famous 588 series that I love is a copy of the 1958 Wilson Staff SW. Now Roger did refine them some over the years and his genius for sole designs on some of the new Cally irons is sheer genius. I burst the TM reps bubble the other day at the club. Those new TM TP wedges with the bore through shaft and red plug--- exact copy of the 58 Staff down to the red bore through plug. I just happened to be playing strictly vintage that day and yes even though I am a dyed in the wool Macgregor man I carry a 58 Staff 55* wedge. Pulled it out and showed him his mouth dropped open. I also went out to my truck and got one of my many 588s ( I think I have about 20 in the 56*) and showed him that. Except the 588 is not a bore through. All 3 wedges look alike except the grooves of course. Most classic club hoes have at least 1 if not several 58 Staff wedges in their collection. I like to rile my buddies up over on WRX (in fun) by calling mine a "58 Cleveland"

Give you another one in the nothing new department. The Cally rep was in back last year and we were talking about the spacing of the grooves in some of the new irons. He was saying how innovative they had done the spacing. I told him nothing was new there. Went to the truck and got my Wilson Original R-90 Sand wedge. Same amount and spacing of grooves as my 2013 Cally forged X irons. My wedge is a 2nd or 3rd generation or reissue probabaly 70s or 80s but my original at the house has the same grooves and it is a early 50s model. I blew his mind too 

Thanks BIG STU.

588's are the one's and have to say no surprise, and same with Cally's that work so well. Thanks for the real deal there too. Cant say Ive ever seen a 58 Staff but its time to scrounge the bargain barrel's more regular with a keener eye.

Only loyal to Nike shoes and clothes. Everything else is fair game

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

... One of the things I learned by going to the PGA Show every year and reviewing what I thought was the best equipment to start every season was if you try everything, something will always surprise you. One year I ended up playing an Adams Super S that I re-shafted. I probably would have never even looked at that driver. An Adams white space saucer? But with a premium shaft that fit my swing, it was an excellent driver. As were the LS hybrids that year and I still haven't found anything longer.

... So I have zero loyalty to anyone. Right now I think Cobra is killing it with their drivers and they are the first I try every year, but will still hit everything else and if something performs better, in the bag it goes. I have Cobra, Taylor Made, Adams, Srixon, Nike and Bobby Grace in my bag at the moment and rotate a set of Cleveland TT's in occasionally. 

... All that said, I stumbled across some Foot Joy shirts for $20 that were logo over runs and bought 10 of them, Added to my wardrobe for several years after that an now have about 30 and they are the only golf shirts I play in, so I guess I have some loyalty with shirts at least. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Interesting topic.  I'm a bit of an equipment geek.  I had Taylor Made almost 100% in my bag for a while but found I didn't like the distance gaps in the irons and couldn't find a fairway wood I could hit off the tight bentgrass fairways here in New England.  Tried Mizuno then switched to Pings.  Have the G30 Driver and 5 wood (set to 16.5 deg. with a 3 wood shaft) Ping Hybrids and just got the Ping i200 irons.

My putter is an Odyssey Backstryke blade (weird looking thing but I make putts with it)  My sand wedge and 60 are the new Cleveland RTX3 and I'm a Pro V1 guy for balls.

Jim

Jim the retired Golf Course Superintendent

I'm loyal to Taylormade right now. But that's changing. I was looking to move to Nike equipment before they bailed on us. Now, I'm looking towards Cobra. Not sure what my deal is, but I like to have a matched bag. I will go "Rouge" with my putter, but I just ordered Cobra wedges and it's going to drive me nuts till I get those cobra irons and maybe a driver in the bag. Probably a little OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nike shoes and golf clothes...mostly because I have a family member that works there but I do like their stuff.

For equipment I was on a Ping kick for awhile and at one point had a complete bag but have overcome that OCD urge for matching. One thing that I liked about them was their customer service--always top notch whenever I have contacted them. I've had a good experience with Callaway too-I think that goes a long way. Good thing cable companies don't make golf stuff.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I don't have any die-hard loyalties, but I have preferences that I've developed over the years. Once upon a time I cared about what brands were in my bag, but now its a matter of what works or what feels comfortable. Golf is a game of  "how many", not "how". I would be out there banging neon green Acer sticks if that's what was vibing on the score card.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Forgot to add to my post FJ shoes. I don't even have to try on a new pair - I know they'll fit perfectly and can go out and play 27 holes with no issues right out of the box

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Being brand loyal wouldn't be any fun. T.M makes the great drivers, titleist for Scotty putters, mizuno for irons and wedges, and tour exotic for hybrids and 3 wood. That's the my perfect set-up.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Right now I'm an all Titleist bag. It didn't start out that way. This time last year, I had Callaway, Ping and TaylorMade as Well.

Little by little I tried Titleist and with each club my game improved.

I used to (mistakenly) think Titleist clubs only fit better players and maybe that was the case at one time.

But the irons and 816 hybrids are the easiest clubs I've ever hit.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Have always been a Titleist freak! Entire bag from ball to driver is Titleist and will always be

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Mizuno for my irons. Love my Mizunos, but I'm going to go out on a limb and try different irons to see which will help my game this year. No driver or fww loyalty but they have to be the same brand in my bag.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Titleist calls to me for irons and wedges, TM for drivers and fairway woods

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

You could say I'm a Callaway guy. If something else comes along that works better, then so be it

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm starting to be a Cleveland guy! My wedges are the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I'm starting to be a Cleveland guy! My wedges are the greatest thing since sliced bread!

With the 565 and 765 line and the RTX wedges, Clevleand/Srixon has my attention for any future change considerations.

I wish they had a driver I could really love, I think the last one I really loved from them was the Clevleamd Comp Launcher. That thing was long. Plus I was like 12 years younger. Ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

No brand loyalty. Just use what I like and it stays in the bag until something else beats it. When I first started golfing I just bought what was on sale. At the end of last season I splurged and got computer "fit" in 3 swings for a set of irons. Wish I was a member here before I did that. Would've gone out and gotten a proper fitting. Oh well. Gonna save up and hopefully before the season is over I can get them properly fit by my local pro

When I first got back in to golf it was all Taylormade everything! Then the more I've played over the last few years, I realized they dont pay me to use their stuff exclusively and I started hitting Ping driver/woods/hybrid, TM iron and Cleveland wedges. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

My dad had a full bag of TM Burner Bubble's, and an Odyssey Putter for ever. He bought me Titleist for the HS golf team, wanted to be like dad. So I got all TM's, then he traded his in for Pings. So I am going Rouge with Cobra now. Maybe a Ping driver, and Edel putter in the future.

I've been pretty loyal to Mizuno woods, hybrids and irons. There are a couple of reasons for the irons. The minimal offset, turf interaction and the best part is their standard length and lies match my specs. I can pull them off the rack like they were built for me.

My ball striking became so much better after the Mizuno purchase I tried the MP 650 series driver, 3W and hybrid and they are by far the longest clubs I have ever hit. Just chopped a 1/2" off the driver and it seems to have straightened that out.

That being said I'd leave them all behind if something better came into my life.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Archived