Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played different brands but I always seem to come back to Callaway. I've had the FW woods for a very long time. But cobra could turn me....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I've played different brands but I always seem to come back to Callaway. I've had the FW woods for a very long time. But cobra could turn me....

Cobra turned me with one shot of their King MB... best club I ever hit. I think their stuff is overlooked and it shouldn't be. It's quality equipment. Looking forward to seeing the F7 and F7+ reviews!

- Alan

I've always had a very mixed bag of clubs. I do love Footjoys though and I'll probably always go to them first for shoes.

I do have an affinity for Tour Edge since they're a smaller company and their products have always worked really well for me.

Apart from that I always like the Nike golf balls, but I'll have to find a replacement this year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I really don't have any brand loyalty since Nike bowed out and even then if I found gear that performed better from a different company I'd use it.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I've played Tmag drivers for 10 plus years but I'm a Ping fanboy.  I've had 7 different sets of their irons, several hybrids/fairway woods, and there are at least 20 putters in my closet.  I'm partial to them for several reasons.  Privately owned, made in the U.S.A, pioneered/streamlined club fitting, last but not least is their quality.   I can't add customer service because I've never needed it.  I will add a quick story pertaining to Callaway's customer service.  In the late 90's I was in High school and on the golf team.  I had been playing Bertha Warbird woods (1, 3, 5)and a Warbird putter.  After 1 season the clear coat began to peel off the heads of the clubs.  I worked my rear off to afford those clubs so I contacted Callaway.  After less than 10 minutes on the phone there was a prepaid box on its way to my parents house to send my clubs back to be refurbished FOR FREE.  So I sent them back and was quite impressed.  2 weeks later UPS went on strike.  You guessed it, my clubs were stuck.  Normally it wouldn't have been a big deal but school was about to start, and so was the season.  I contacted Callaway and they FedEx'd me brand new replacements in time for my first match.  Not only that but when the strike was over and I received my refurbished clubs Callaway told me to keep them as a gift for the trouble that was caused.  That is customer service.  In fact just re-hashing the experience makes me want to go check out some of their stuff.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

Ping clubs, Nike apparel. Have always preferred Nike stuff as a kid for all sports, really. Love their designs.

Learned on ping clubs and when I decided to buy my first set, Ping were still head-and-shoulders better for fitting than other brands. Also, I like that even though they're a big name and a respected name, they're still sort of niche.

DRIVER: PING G400 9.0° 
4 WOOD:  TAYLORMADE M3 17°
HYBRID:  PING G400 19°
IRONS:  PING i500 4-iron / i200 5-PW
WEDGES:  PING GLIDE FORGED 50°, 54°
LOB WEDGE: TAYLORMADE HI-TOE  58°
PUTTER: ODYSSEY STROKE LAB DOUBLE WIDE

I've played Tmag drivers for 10 plus years but I'm a Ping fanboy. I've had 7 different sets of their irons, several hybrids/fairway woods, and there are at least 20 putters in my closet. I'm partial to them for several reasons. Privately owned, made in the U.S.A, pioneered/streamlined club fitting, last but not least is their quality. I can't add customer service because I've never needed it. I will add a quick story pertaining to Callaway's customer service. In the late 90's I was in High school and on the golf team. I had been playing Bertha Warbird woods (1, 3, 5)and a Warbird putter. After 1 season the clear coat began to peel off the heads of the clubs. I worked my rear off to afford those clubs so I contacted Callaway. After less than 10 minutes on the phone there was a prepaid box on its way to my parents house to send my clubs back to be refurbished FOR FREE. So I sent them back and was quite impressed. 2 weeks later UPS went on strike. You guessed it, my clubs were stuck. Normally it wouldn't have been a big deal but school was about to start, and so was the season. I contacted Callaway and they FedEx'd me brand new replacements in time for my first match. Not only that but when the strike was over and I received my refurbished clubs Callaway told me to keep them as a gift for the trouble that was caused. That is customer service. In fact just re-hashing the experience makes me want to go check out some of their stuff.

Nice story on Callaway's customer service, I have had a good experience with them as well. I have also used PING's CS and they are also top notch. I sent my clubs in to get the lie angles adjusted--they cleaned them up and re-painted all the paint fills as well--looked almost like brand new clubs when I got them back.

I believe Ping no longer manufactures their clubs in the US--they now only assemble them here. I think the i5/G5 series was the last one made in the USA.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Nice story on Callaway's customer service, I have had a good experience with them as well. I have also used PING's CS and they are also top notch. I sent my clubs in to get the lie angles adjusted--they cleaned them up and re-painted all the paint fills as well--looked almost like brand new clubs when I got them back.

I believe Ping no longer manufactures their clubs in the US--they now only assemble them here. I think the i5/G5 series was the last one made in the USA.

That's correct on the pings. I just got 3 hybrids and they were. Not made here.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I am arming my way to all ping but not on purpose. Now have g30 driver, g25 3wood, and i irons and ping hoofer bag. I'm loyal to the hoofer bags as that's what I used in high school and college. Pretty darn loyal to UA apparel, shoes are always FJ, Nike, or adidas.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I was loyal to Cobra for about 4 years before the Srixon trip. I always liked Srixon/Cleveland but never made the switch and now I cant be happier.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I'm very loyal to my golf store/ fitter. What they tell me works best gets bagged.

Callaway big bertha adilia rogue stiff with 1" tip

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

m2 3 hybrid adilia rogue stiff with half inch tip

Ping ie1 true temper xp 105 s300

mack daddy 2 56 and 60 wedges

stx putter

left handed

Handicap: my swing.

I am drawn to Callaway products. Love the innovation and product range. Detest all things Titleist. Feel like TaylorMade products are always a step behind.

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

I am drawn to Callaway products. Love the innovation and product range. Detest all things Titleist. Feel like TaylorMade products are always a step behind.

I really liked the Cally MD tour grind wedges, thats about it. I don't know what it is I don't like about callaway, but it's something. They do make great equipment though. I Demoed a set of the Apex MB's fully intending to buy them. And I hit my buddies X2 Hot Pro Driver and almost stole it from him. Just something about the company I don't like. Glad you found your brand!

- Alan

for some reason i have always loved Bridgestone's Precept line of clubs. I think it has to do with watching Matt Kuchar on TV several years ago when he first turned pro and was using the Precept Tour Premium irons. I just loved the looks of them. 

I have owned several Precept sets over the years and still use the Tour Premium CB's (my current gamers), and the EC603's. 

I also still have a set of the EC603 Tour Spec blades which are really cool looking, but not easy to hit. I made a combo set of the EC603 cavity backs (5, 6, 7) and the EC603 blades (8, 9, PW) a few years ago cuz I thought it looked cool, lol. 

Ive also always wanted to get a set of the TQ-04 irons which where the prototypes for the Bridgestone j33 combo irons. But, havent done so yet. They do pop up on ebay from time to time though. 

s-l1600 (2).jpg

EC603 PRO SIS.jpg

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3094_3215804331_f853dc119c (1).jpg

3185471073_ccafb71cf1 (2).jpg

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3514_3185470159_382337efdb (1).jpg

Tour Edge Exotics XLD

Nickent 4DX 4 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 3 & 4 Hybrids

Precept Tour Premium CB 5-PW

Maxfli A10 Tour Limited 5-PW

Nickent Arc Forged 50-54-58

Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03

Ogio Grom

Not to one brand although I don't believe that I ever gamed anything Nike other than a ball. Just always found something that worked before I tried any of their clubs

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This is a great conversation and I find it fascinating just how many people are loyal to brands. If this website has taught us anything it should be the opposite and only to be loyal to what works for you. Human nature of course to stick with what works and continue with that brand.

I myself am certainly not immune to it and always gravitate to certain brands first. Every year though I try to hit new companies products any chance I get, you never know what will work for you.

Since I have to pay for all my own equipment, not particularly brand loyal. Haha.

However, my favorite brands are Titleist and TM. Titleist has excellent stuff across the board. I really like their irons designs. Classic shapes but with modern features.  Their woods are solid as well. And of course, their ball is the best in the business. Taylormade woods are always pushing boundaries into new innovations which I like. Not a particularly a big fan of their irons except for their MBs and the new P-750 forged irons which are solid. Also, their new TP putters are excellent.  

:taylormade-small:

:titleist-small:

for some reason i have always loved Bridgestone's Precept line of clubs. I think it has to do with watching Matt Kuchar on TV several years ago when he first turned pro and was using the Precept Tour Premium irons. I just loved the looks of them.

I have owned several Precept sets over the years and still use the Tour Premium CB's (my current gamers), and the EC603's.

I also still have a set of the EC603 Tour Spec blades which are really cool looking, but not easy to hit. I made a combo set of the EC603 cavity backs (5, 6, 7) and the EC603 blades (8, 9, PW) a few years ago cuz I thought it looked cool, lol.

Ive also always wanted to get a set of the TQ-04 irons which where the prototypes for the Bridgestone j33 combo irons. But, havent done so yet. They do pop up on ebay from time to time though.

Those Bridgestone j33s were my first real irons- though they were used. Still one of my favorite iron sets

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Always been a Ping guy. I got all my dad's hand me downs and they were always ping. EYE 2, ZING, you name it. Played the isi in high school. Had those stolen and tried some forged Titleist and they wore out in a year of lots of golf. I prefer to not buy clubs that often so Ping it is. Typically indestructible.

I found a dog running around a course in middle of nownere. Took him home and he became our pup. He was small so golf balls were his favorite toy. So we named him PING.

Sent from my SM-G930T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My cat is named Rory... new pup I'm looking to get is going to be Caddy.

Cool dog story. Like the connection.

You should name the new pup Erica ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Not brand loyal, I have a good mix of makes in my bag.  Its all about what works best, new or old.

My old TM Mid Rescue's always seem to find their way back into my bag. Just can't find any hybrids I like as much,

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Last year my iGotcha ball retriever broke. So I bought a new one and while reading the info that came with it, I noticed there was a lifetime warranty. So I called the company, located near Orlando. The Customer Service rep and I talked a bit and I told him that I was sure my retriever was issued way before the new ones with the warrant. He said it did not matter so he was going to send me a new retriever ends, as the stainless steel shaft was fine. I just needed the plastic end replaced. I offered to pay for a new receptacle but he said no dice and sent me the new one. I got it last year and noted that all I had to do was drill out the pin holding it to the shaft and replace it with the new one that has a small nut and bolt to secure it. Well, I had already replaced the retriever with a new one and had used duct tape to hold the plastic retriever together.

When I retired and became a Ranger, I started using my old retriever with the duct tape to gather up wayward balls from the lakes. After three months of Monday Ranger duties the old retriever finally bit the dust. So I drilled out the pin and installed the replacement.

Thanks iGotcha!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I can better tell you what I don't want to bag than what I am loyal to. I do not like Titleist, Scotty, Vokey, or ProV1. Titleist look plain and ordinary to me, Scotty just never suits my eye when trying them, bought a Vokey SM6 wedge and it rusted where I hit a ball the first outing I used it (I hate rusty wedges, especially new ones), and the ProV1 looks used...off white faux vintage. I prefer callaway woods, Mizuno irons, Callaway and Mizuno wedges, and have an Odyssey putter now.

I like plain and ordinary. Plain polos, plain pants, the least amount of "branding" possible.

Man of your brands though I see. I'd like to play a full 18 with those JPX Tours, very intriguing clubs.

• 1 month later...

Archived