Shankster

Brand Loyal?

Our Sponsors

Titleist...

Dont do Titleist. Ditto.

My conclusion just this week after finding once again that Footjoy is the only shoe that stays true to size, comfort, and stability time after time is that they have my loyalty for good. Unable to try on some brands Ide like to, now, I buy a clean pair used and see. All have been resold on Ebay for that next pair of FJ's. You get what you pay for in shoes more than anything especailly when your golf feet and the rest are shot, and if the FJ's werent worth 100++ a pop neither would any of the rest of them be that charge the same for often much less. FJ it is, the rest pretty much ride their coattails. Done deal.

The Irons are what works and it can be a fun search, when its over. I ve had all the brands and looks was the thing, first.

It does seem that across the board callaway suits, as well as helps, the majority of weekenders more so than others. The X series since the 12's have kept many in the game from the start with their first real investment in it. When asked "which ones" as in which set do I buy, Callaway X(s) was my response to that. So there was some loyalty there for the guy getting serious even though I didnt play them. A cant go wrong thing and the smartest thing Eli ever did was not give his sticks away! ;)

TM's now and Hogans at the ready while 'Its not the arrow its the indian" often comes to mind when that new set is just to pretty to ignore, (read Srixon Z's).

Drivers/Woods are all about results and feel. By the time the shaft is right  :blink: they could be 56 Buicks for all I care.

Wedges are another story, and my long held loyalty is to Cleveland. Roger Cleveland was the man who changed the game as much as anybody putting those wedges in our hands, imho.

Snell is getting my ball dollars for now.

A box of Z Star's or a sleeve or two of B330's still have to get a smack too.

• Like 5

I pretty much stay with Titleist for drivers.... they just work for me. My last two sets of irons have been Mizuno, because I like the look and feel of them. Wedges are are also Titleist, but I really don't feel any loyalty to them, they are just whats in the bag right now. Balls....... still searching for the one I like best. I do tend to like the Taylormade offerings. I might play the Tour Preferred this year.

I tend not to buy new stuff very often. Whats in my bag is usually there for a while.

As others have mentioned.... Footjoy.They just fit the best for me, so I guess I'm loyal to them...lol.

• Like 3

Not really, I like my current bag but if something that works better comes along, I'll entertain it.

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not at all. My bag consists of Cobra, Callaway, Nike, and Ping. I would say the only part of my game that is brand loyal is my glove. For some reason I always go FootJoy.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Dont do Titleist. Ditto.

My conclusion just this week after finding once again that Footjoy is the only shoe that stays true to size, comfort, and stability time after time is that they have my loyalty for good. Unable to try on some brands Ide like to, now, I buy a clean pair used and see. All have been resold on Ebay for that next pair of FJ's. You get what you pay for in shoes more than anything especailly when your golf feet and the rest are shot, and if the FJ's werent worth 100++ a pop neither would any of the rest of them be that charge the same for often much less. FJ it is, the rest pretty much ride their coattails. Done deal.

The Irons are what works and it can be a fun search, when its over. I ve had all the brands and looks was the thing, first.

It does seem that across the board callaway suits, as well as helps, the majority of weekenders more so than others. The X series since the 12's have kept many in the game from the start with their first real investment in it. When asked "which ones" as in which set do I buy, Callaway X(s) was my response to that. So there was some loyalty there for the guy getting serious even though I didnt play them. A cant go wrong thing and the smartest thing Eli ever did was not give his sticks away! ;)

TM's now and Hogans at the ready while 'Its not the arrow its the indian" often comes to mind when that new set is just to pretty to ignore, (read Srixon Z's).

Drivers/Woods are all about results and feel. By the time the shaft is right :blink: they could be 56 Buicks for all I care.

Wedges are another story, and my long held loyalty is to Cleveland. Roger Cleveland was the man who changed the game as much as anybody putting those wedges in our hands, imho.

56 Buicks are BA!

- Alan

• Like 4

I used to be loyal to TMAG but part of that maybe was I got big discounts on their stuff. I currently have Titleist, Cobra, and TaylorMade in the bag and own all different brands of apparel. I will say it will always be Golf Pride grips, Vokey wedges, and Pro V1s.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I also want to add: and this is just a silly quirk of mine, I like to play a complete set. Ive had a couple of complete bags at same time . Example, 1 bag all TM, the other Cobra. Like I said its silly but i do it.

Oh I'm starting to change, TM except irons are Wishon and thinking changing hybrids to Cobra

• Like 2

I am huge Mizuno fan. I have dabbled with other brands but I end up going back to my beloved Mizunos. There irons are what really does it for me just the feel of them is incredible. I'm not loyal to playing any ball although my favourite is srixon but I would like to play the new Volvik.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I also want to add: and this is just a silly quirk of mine, I like to play a complete set. Ive had a couple of complete bags at same time . Example, 1 bag all TM, the other Cobra. Like I said its silly but i do it.

Oh I'm starting to change, TM except irons are Wishon and thinking changing hybrids to Cobra

Not my car... I only wish. I want a 63 Wildcat though!!

- Alan

• Like 1

Mix bag but there is a trend:

Driver- Taylormade

Fairway woods: Callaway

Hybrid: Adams

Irons: mizuno

Wedges: Clevelenad

Putter: Bettinardi

Ball: taylormade tour preferred x or Bridgestone tour 330

Shoes seem to be all over the place

Wow you are about as mixed brand as I am----- Glad to see someone else thinks like I do

• Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Dont do Titleist. Ditto.

Drivers/Woods are all about results and feel. By the time the shaft is right  :blink: they could be 56 Buicks for all I care.

Am going to bust your bubble sort of on the Cleveland wedges and Lord knows I love them. The famous 588 series that I love is a copy of the 1958 Wilson Staff SW. Now Roger did refine them some over the years and his genius for sole designs on some of the new Cally irons is sheer genius. I burst the TM reps bubble the other day at the club. Those new TM TP wedges with the bore through shaft and red plug--- exact copy of the 58 Staff down to the red bore through plug. I just happened to be playing strictly vintage that day and yes even though I am a dyed in the wool Macgregor man I carry a 58 Staff 55* wedge. Pulled it out and showed him his mouth dropped open. I also went out to my truck and got one of my many 588s ( I think I have about 20 in the 56*) and showed him that. Except the 588 is not a bore through. All 3 wedges look alike except the grooves of course. Most classic club hoes have at least 1 if not several 58 Staff wedges in their collection. I like to rile my buddies up over on WRX (in fun) by calling mine a "58 Cleveland"

Give you another one in the nothing new department. The Cally rep was in back last year and we were talking about the spacing of the grooves in some of the new irons. He was saying how innovative they had done the spacing. I told him nothing was new there. Went to the truck and got my Wilson Original R-90 Sand wedge. Same amount and spacing of grooves as my 2013 Cally forged X irons. My wedge is a 2nd or 3rd generation or reissue probabaly 70s or 80s but my original at the house has the same grooves and it is a early 50s model. I blew his mind too 

• Like 6

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Pings because I got a set from my wife (and afraid to change). Pro v1's because I find so many of them on the course in perfect condition - probably only hit once

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Pings because I got a set from my wife (and afraid to change). Pro v1's because I find so many of them on the course in perfect condition - probably only hit once

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

2 counts of pure wisdom right here. :)

http://www.instagram.com/libertyballmarkers

http://www.ebay.com/usr/libertyballmarkers

• Like 3

See my signature and WITB. Definitely not lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Am going to bust your bubble sort of on the Cleveland wedges and Lord knows I love them. The famous 588 series that I love is a copy of the 1958 Wilson Staff SW. Now Roger did refine them some over the years and his genius for sole designs on some of the new Cally irons is sheer genius. I burst the TM reps bubble the other day at the club. Those new TM TP wedges with the bore through shaft and red plug--- exact copy of the 58 Staff down to the red bore through plug. I just happened to be playing strictly vintage that day and yes even though I am a dyed in the wool Macgregor man I carry a 58 Staff 55* wedge. Pulled it out and showed him his mouth dropped open. I also went out to my truck and got one of my many 588s ( I think I have about 20 in the 56*) and showed him that. Except the 588 is not a bore through. All 3 wedges look alike except the grooves of course. Most classic club hoes have at least 1 if not several 58 Staff wedges in their collection. I like to rile my buddies up over on WRX (in fun) by calling mine a "58 Cleveland"

Give you another one in the nothing new department. The Cally rep was in back last year and we were talking about the spacing of the grooves in some of the new irons. He was saying how innovative they had done the spacing. I told him nothing was new there. Went to the truck and got my Wilson Original R-90 Sand wedge. Same amount and spacing of grooves as my 2013 Cally forged X irons. My wedge is a 2nd or 3rd generation or reissue probabaly 70s or 80s but my original at the house has the same grooves and it is a early 50s model. I blew his mind too 

Thanks BIG STU.

588's are the one's and have to say no surprise, and same with Cally's that work so well. Thanks for the real deal there too. Cant say Ive ever seen a 58 Staff but its time to scrounge the bargain barrel's more regular with a keener eye.

Only loyal to Nike shoes and clothes. Everything else is fair game

• Like 3

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

If they only made us drive farther and sink more putts.

... One of the things I learned by going to the PGA Show every year and reviewing what I thought was the best equipment to start every season was if you try everything, something will always surprise you. One year I ended up playing an Adams Super S that I re-shafted. I probably would have never even looked at that driver. An Adams white space saucer? But with a premium shaft that fit my swing, it was an excellent driver. As were the LS hybrids that year and I still haven't found anything longer.

... So I have zero loyalty to anyone. Right now I think Cobra is killing it with their drivers and they are the first I try every year, but will still hit everything else and if something performs better, in the bag it goes. I have Cobra, Taylor Made, Adams, Srixon, Nike and Bobby Grace in my bag at the moment and rotate a set of Cleveland TT's in occasionally. 

... All that said, I stumbled across some Foot Joy shirts for $20 that were logo over runs and bought 10 of them, Added to my wardrobe for several years after that an now have about 30 and they are the only golf shirts I play in, so I guess I have some loyalty with shirts at least. 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Atmos TS Blue 6s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18*  ... HZRDUS Black 6.0 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Interesting topic.  I'm a bit of an equipment geek.  I had Taylor Made almost 100% in my bag for a while but found I didn't like the distance gaps in the irons and couldn't find a fairway wood I could hit off the tight bentgrass fairways here in New England.  Tried Mizuno then switched to Pings.  Have the G30 Driver and 5 wood (set to 16.5 deg. with a 3 wood shaft) Ping Hybrids and just got the Ping i200 irons.

My putter is an Odyssey Backstryke blade (weird looking thing but I make putts with it)  My sand wedge and 60 are the new Cleveland RTX3 and I'm a Pro V1 guy for balls.

Jim

• Like 2

Jim the retired Golf Course Superintendent

I'm loyal to Taylormade right now. But that's changing. I was looking to move to Nike equipment before they bailed on us. Now, I'm looking towards Cobra. Not sure what my deal is, but I like to have a matched bag. I will go "Rouge" with my putter, but I just ordered Cobra wedges and it's going to drive me nuts till I get those cobra irons and maybe a driver in the bag. Probably a little OCD.

• Like 2