TESTERS WANTED! ×

PGA Tour All-Star Break

mrsmith123

It is absurd to me that the PGA does not have an All-Star break. How awesome would it be if this was put together?! Am I right? So here's what I think:

Voting is calculated by those who have a PGATour.com website login and your members. The week would consist of Fri - Sunday stuff of fun competition. Each day would have some stuff during the afternoon and then a Marquee event in the evening (kinda like NBA all-star weekend). Fans would have an opportunity to interact with the pros, there would be cool gear stations for fans from vendors, and culminating in a Final event would be Sunday night Long Drive contest under the lights (top 16 in driving distance from tour stats).

The only weeks during regular season I currently see would be June the week after the US Open or May right before the Memorial. The location is selected to be right by the next week's venue. What do you all think?

Cheers

- Burk

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I thing the tours already have all star competitions. In each of the majors, the WGC match play, and the fed ex cup playoffs you see the top players in the world.

Each week throughout the year you have the ability to interact with the players during the practice rounds.

Ultimately there isn't a team to build the best already compete head to head since each player competes individually.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I agree.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Aren't the Ryder and President's Cups all star events?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think it sounds like he is talking about the skills competition like the other sports have. It would be cool to see the best of the best in certain skillls. Difficult to put together, but fun nonetheless. The problem is that with so many tournaments on their schedules, having time off is a luxury and they won't want to do this event. Cool concept though

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I am not so sure that the best pros would be willing to spend any free time they have away from the big tournaments doing a fun competition.  Sure it would be nice for the fans, but the pros need whatever break they can get.  It would be sad to see a top tour player get injured in an event like this.

However, fans can see the pros up close during practice rounds of every tournament, and similar to the par 3 event at the Masters, a tournament could put on a short skills competition leading up to the event.  Certainly wouldn't be mandatory for the players.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think it sounds like he is talking about the skills competition like the other sports have. It would be cool to see the best of the best in certain skillls. Difficult to put together, but fun nonetheless. The problem is that with so many tournaments on their schedules, having time off is a luxury and they won't want to do this event. Cool concept though

They did at one time have a skills competition if some sort. Players and I think celebrities had to get closest to the pin on chip shots and par three holes and they also did driving distance. It was the ADT skills challenge. Was in NBC about 10 years ago

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

+1 thought?

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I would say Presidents Cup more so that Ryder Cup. Ryder is just US vs. Europe which leaves out a lot golfers.   Although Presidents brings in more countries it is not just the top golfers.  

I'd rather they just do away with All-Star Games/Breaks in the other sports

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

It's a really cool idea that will likely never happen.  I'd love to see a Big Break style skills competition, I think it would be a blast to watch.

It will never happen though because golfers are self employed.  All-Star games work in baseball, basketball, hockey etc because players are on a team and are paid for a year.  Golfers don't get paid if they don't play and play well.  So there's no break from competition built in like the big 4 team sports and by taking a week off golfers could be potentially losing up to a million bucks for a win.

The only way it could possibly work is if the tour could get enough sponsors and sell the TV rights and then offer financial incentives for winning each competition.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

They need to bring back the skins game. Everyone has forgot about it. It was great to watch and there was good money to win. You can guarantee Phil Mickelson would show up every time.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

They need to bring back the skins game. Everyone has forgot about it. It was great to watch and there was good money to win. You can guarantee Phil Mickelson would show up every time.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

But it got old and it was at a time when the money offered was serious scratch for those players. Now it would be chump change.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived