Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NEW! Scotty Cameron Putter Display Cases

GolfSpy_X

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is a Marketing Genius. anything that has SC on the product it sells!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

I have to agree this was a nice piece he came up with.

Just beautiful!! Love my wood Scotty rack, but after seeing this, it might be time to change it up a bit! :blink:

#TruthDigest

just a heads up these will be selling for in excess of $1000 :) unfortunatly i wont be getting one :)

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

• SPY VIP

Just says "Stop stealin' me putters!" to me.

Check with member MSaternus if you want a putter rack. The ones he did in wood for Byron are amazing.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I'll pass. I don't understand the SC craze for the life of me.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Just says "Stop stealin' me putters!" to me.

Check with member MSaternus if you want a putter rack. The ones he did in wood for Byron are amazing.

Thanks for the props.

I do think these cases are cool in that you can adjust them from holding HCs to putters, and I think you can even do a little of both. The thing I don't really get (personally) is the idea of locking them up. I guess some people display their stuff in their office, in which case this makes sense, but if you're that worried about it getting stolen why bring it there in the first place?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

1K for a box to hold some tools that are for playing a game with?? I'm not sure I get it. It looks like a Toolbox for tools....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

1K for a box to hold some tools that are for playing a game with?? I'm not sure I get it. It looks like a Toolbox for tools....

Watch eBay for these. They will be big bank I bet. At least it is not diamond plate.

Volvo Intorqueo

I'm going to be very interested to see what these cost when they come out, how many are released, and how much they go for on the resale market. Anyone else think that Scotty is going to make enough so that there isn't much of a resale market? If I were him, and people were forking over $1K a piece, I'd be making them until people stopped buying them.

That lock seems right for the buddies/kids issue.

Yeah, I'm having visions of my sons using my Studio Style Newport to beat the cats. A lock is a good idea.

You guys have talked about the cost of the case itself but you've left out the biggest expense - the amount of jack you'd have to eventually spend in order to fill the case. Of course, that would be the fun part. ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

I'm going to be very interested to see what these cost when they come out, how many are released, and how much they go for on the resale market. Anyone else think that Scotty is going to make enough so that there isn't much of a resale market? If I were him, and people were forking over $1K a piece, I'd be making them until people stopped buying them.

I think that his limited numbering system may boost the per unit price up though. Perceived scarcity would drive the impulse purchase. OTW it may be gone! Look at the 1st of 500 putters. Not individually numbered 1 to 500, but just batch labeled. The initial prices for the 1/500 California putters was above double retail for the normal version. Maybe there will be normal case and a case with circle T door pulls.

Yeah, I'm having visions of my sons using my Studio Style Newport to beat the cats. A lock is a good idea.

You guys have talked about the cost of the case itself but you've left out the biggest expense - the amount of jack you'd have to eventually spend in order to fill the case. Of course, that would be the fun part. ;)

Excellent point. I can't believe that I missed this key feature/benefit of the case. "Buy Honey, I HAVE to buy this putter. The case is not full yet."

Volvo Intorqueo

I think that his limited numbering system may boost the per unit price up though. Perceived scarcity would drive the impulse purchase. OTW it may be gone! Look at the 1st of 500 putters. Not individually numbered 1 to 500, but just batch labeled. The initial prices for the 1/500 California putters was above double retail for the normal version. Maybe there will be normal case and a case with circle T door pulls.

Excellent point. I can't believe that I missed this key feature/benefit of the case. "Buy Honey, I HAVE to buy this putter. The case is not full yet."

Its never worked for me, but that is what I get for marrying a woman with a high IQ. :lol:

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Its never worked for me, but that is what I get for marrying a woman with a high IQ. :)

Don't take from my post that my BS gets past the goalie here at home either. :blink:

She would be all for it if I could flip it for $$$ though.

Volvo Intorqueo

Thanks for the props.

I do think these cases are cool in that you can adjust them from holding HCs to putters, and I think you can even do a little of both. The thing I don't really get (personally) is the idea of locking them up. I guess some people display their stuff in their office, in which case this makes sense, but if you're that worried about it getting stolen why bring it there in the first place?

So, when are we going to see pictures of your cases on here?? Come on man, lets see them!

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Argh, foiled again by overly large pictures! I'll fix this later, I'm off to the vet.

Getting fixed?

{large pictures makes the craftsmanship show quite nicely, even with the cropping issue, again, great work}

Volvo Intorqueo

Actually having the stitches removed from getting fixed, and more shots.

Thanks for the compliment.

Here's a fixed version of the pic, I hope. If it's ok with the mods, I will start a thread showing a complete range of my work in the Putter section.

rsz_img_2010.jpg

You know that with the cheap wood SC racks selling for $400/$500 these are not going to be cheap, at least in price. I'm just not seeing the attraction of the new SC display case but I'll bet they sell out quickly.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."