Tiger to bag a Method putter upon his return?!?!

First off, Tiger isn't a Billionaire any longer. Half of that is probably sitting in a Swiss bank account with Elin's name on it. If you want to play, then be prepared to pay... :lol:

I think its possible that Tiger could switch if he had a direct hand in the development of the putter. He is very exacting when it comes to his equipment. I remember reading about how he can detect when his back-up Scotty is off by a gram or two in weight. Totally unreal.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

tiger can either start opening up more or shut down like before and we see how that went but he will be trying to please his sponsors the ones he still has left and at least shwing them the loyalty they need now and a much needed make over for himself personally and in the public eye

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so this RUMOR is one of those "heard from a friend of a friend" deals ... specifically, my friend who knows someone on staff with Nike (PGA Tour? Executive? Sorry, I didn't get that level of detail).

Basically, Nike will make Tiger dump his Scotty for a custom Method instead. Nike is shelling out the bucks, and after this whole "bimbo-gate" fiasco, it actually has the leverage to make such a demand.

Do any of you think this is realistic?

I could see this happening right now. With so many changes in his life, this could be the easiest one of them all to pull off. I think it is just a matter of Tiger reaching his comfort level with a new putter. His Cameron has served him so well in the past, I'm sure it would take him a little while to have confidence in a new one, but once he does, then it would be business as usual. Sooner or later I'm guessing the change will come and right now seems like the perfect time.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

I've seen this speculation elsewhere and I, for one, do NOT buy it. I don't believe Nike has any leverage whatsoever when it comes to that putter that has won 13/14 (right?) majors. Their entire brand is built around him. They dump him, he wins another major, and he signs the biggess TM/Cally/etc deal in history. And regardless of how much money he has lost from this fiasco, he still has more than he will ever need.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Hard to tell what Nike will expectin retribution to all the B.S. that has happened but Tiger will always do what he wants with all his clubs!!!!!!!!

What does Tiger and baby seals have in common?

They both have been bashed by a norweigian (IF THATs how u spell it)

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

I've seen this speculation elsewhere and I, for one, do NOT buy it. I don't believe Nike has any leverage whatsoever when it comes to that putter that has won 13/14 (right?) majors. Their entire brand is built around him. They dump him, he wins another major, and he signs the biggess TM/Cally/etc deal in history. And regardless of how much money he has lost from this fiasco, he still has more than he will ever need.

I dunno...there's all that rehab, lost endorsement revenue, mistress hush money, contributions towards the wife's offshore contingency accounts, her second house in Europe, and then there is that 7-iron that needs to be replaced in her bag. Big bucks my brother! B)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I dunno...there's all that rehab, lost endorsement revenue, mistress hush money, contributions towards the wife's offshore contingency accounts, her second house in Europe, and then there is that 7-iron that needs to be replaced in her bag. Big bucks my brother! B)

And then he still has 500 million dollars. I think that ought to hold him for a while.

• SPY VIP

I dunno...there's all that rehab, lost endorsement revenue, mistress hush money, contributions towards the wife's offshore contingency accounts, her second house in Europe, and then there is that 7-iron that needs to be replaced in her bag. Big bucks my brother! :)

Saw the house on Tahoe last summer. Dude has assets.

No freaking way he bags a Method at Augusta.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Exactly, Nike has no leverage over him.

Well, if Nike buys Scotty like is rumored in the other thread then all of this won't matter much. They could just stamp a swoosh on his putter and problem solved.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Well, if Nike buys Scotty like is rumored in the other thread then all of this won't matter much. They could just stamp a swoosh on his putter and problem solved.

Ugh, that would be like stamping a swoosh on the Mona Lisa. That putter is perfect as is. Don't mess with a 13 major winner.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Ugh, that would be like stamping a swoosh on the Mona Lisa. That putter is perfect as is. Don't mess with a 13 major winner.

Don't worry, it will be a sole stamped swoosh and increase the value. :(

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...