TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Hybrid, 18 degree, stiff

Cobra Pro S3 4-P Dynamic Gold S-300

Vokey SPM 52, 56 & 60

Boccieri N1-L

Snell My Tour Ball

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know which ball you use/prefer is more of a personal choice but what balls come most recommended that have been tested, currently working my way though my last box of pro Vs but when they're gone I'm switching to the ChromeSoft Truvia any other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know which ball you use/prefer is more of a personal choice but what balls come most recommended that have been tested, currently working my way though my last box of pro Vs but when they're gone I'm switching to the ChromeSoft Truvia any other recommendations?

I know Snell and Kirkland Signatures have been getting lots of praise lately. You may look into them. Also, the Srixon Q or Z stars are highly recommended balls.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Stage 1 Placeholder

● Handicap? (Or average score)

● Handicap 15

● Strengths of your game?

● I always be positive. My mid irons are oke.

● Weakness of your game?

● Don't hit the ball always in the center, so my ballstrike

doesn't always go in the right direction. I have to work on my short game, 10-60 meter shots.

● Typical ball flight?

● Low ball flight.

● Typical miss?

● Heel strike

● Current Ball?

● Pinnacle Lady

● Swing tempo?

● Moderate

● Driver swing speed?

● My driver swingspeed is about 78-83 mph

● Video of swing?

● https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-NEZXubcg

● https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOsKQ8hZkQ

● What makes you love the game?

● I love golf, since my first step on the golf course and hitting my first golfball on the range. From that moment, golf went through my vines.

Golf is a ticket to freedom. Being outdoors in nature while practicing this sport makes your heart beat faster. The deer, rabbits and other animals see and hear give you a privileged feeling. Striving for perfection, but it's never perfect.

● How long have you been golfing?

● I was 20 years when I started with golf (2008), after a few years of chronical Lyme Disease. I played golf for 5 years whereafter the Lyme came back. For 4 years I had chronical Lyme Disease again and couldn't do anything. Since this year, 2017, my health is become much better, so I started again with golf. I love this sport, so I can't without it. My energy isn't already 100%, so I have to take it easy, but when I feel good, I play some golf!!

● What kind of golfer are you?

● I'm a very fanatic golfer. I always push myself to the limit. I'll become a better golfer. I want to become a single handicapper. As long as I'm not a single handicapper, I'm nog satisfied.

I'm so addicted to golf that I can't a day without golf. Though it isn't golf by myself, then it is read about it, watch movies and talk about it.

● What's your story?

● Been playing for about 5 years. Playing handicap 15. I'm very addicted to golf. In The Netherlands (Europe) there are less women's golfers, particularly of my age. I hope to inspire some girls/women's between 20 and 35 also to play this lovely sport. Ever since I start playing golf, the game has been running through my veins. I would like to bring my handicap down to a single handicap.

● What is in your bag?

Driver:

King Cobra Speed LD Offset M12.0 – Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara Lite Flex shaft 12 degrees (2007)

Houten:

King Cobra Speed LD Offset 3 wood – Aldila HL65 Lite Flex shaft (2007)

Hybrides:

-

IJzers:

King Cobra FP 5-sw – Aldila HL65 Lite Flex shaft (2007)

Wedges:

-

Putter:

Odyssey White Hot XG Teron (2007)

Golfbal:

Pinnacle Lady

This year I want to buy new irons, hybrid, woods and a driver (fitted golf clubs, now I play with a standard set of Cobra from 2007). This Cobra set is suitable for about handicap 18 or higher.

I also want to play with a fitted golfball, maybe this Vice Pro Soft is perfect for me.We'll see……

● How did you choose them?

● I purchased these clubs following the advice of a man in a golf shop.

● What region do you play out of?

● I play in my area in Northern of The Nerhetlands.

● Are you a tinkerer or a set and forget it type?

● I'm definitely a tinkerer golfer.

Very good photos and welcome to the forum

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Great start guys and gals!! Foz, I would love to hit a hickory stick, never seen one in person yet. And Manjagolf, I am glad you are doing better health wise. You have a great swing Everyone of you had interesting stories to tell and I thank you for sharing them with us I almost forgot why you were here, to review these Vice golf balls

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Hi Spies,

Stage 1 is up and the competition is under way.

Thanks Vice and MGS for letting me test these balls.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/19001-OFFICIAL-FORUM-MEMBER-REVIEW---VICE-PRO-SOFT-GOLF-BALLS&do=findComment&comment=271025

Tazz

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I was chosen for the review of these golf balls and never received a PM or the golf balls. I am new to MGS, but an avid WRXer. Any help guys?

Driver: Callaway GBB 9* w/ Aldila Rogue RIP I/O Silver 60S
FW: Cobra F7 15.5* w/ Fujikura Pro Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 915H 20* Aldila Rogue Black 85S Hybrid
Irons: Taylormade 2011 TP MC 4-7 / MB 8-PW KBS Tour 120S
Wedges: Vokey SM6 51* 55* 59* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Flatstick: Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 35.25"

I was chosen for the review of these golf balls and never received a PM or the golf balls. I am new to MGS, but an avid WRXer. Any help guys?

Did you contact one of the moderators about it ?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

You missed a number.  Tsauer was chosen for the review, you are Tsauer12.

Just as a side note it would be beneficial to read through the how testers are chosen thread here.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9910-how-forum-testers-will-be-chosen-do-not-apply-within/

It's a long thread and I'd at least read the first post.  I also think this post is very beneficial.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9910-how-forum-testers-will-be-chosen-do-not-apply-within/?p=268635

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Just finished my Vice Pro Soft ball review. This being my first official MGS review, I think I may have messed some parts up. Please feel free to let me know!  :unsure:

I hope this helps some of you in deciding whether or not the Vice Pro Soft is for you, or maybe those on the fence about trying them. 

Official Stage 2 reviews from Foz, thegolfgal and Sauer are up -- some good stuff. Read!!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I also finished my Vice Pro Soft ball review.

This being my first official MGS review. It was very interesting and I liked/loved it. I hope there will be many more to come!!!

Driver  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 10,5* Project X Even Flow 5.0A 45G

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: 816 H1 19

Irons:   :callaway-small:  Apex CF16 (5-PW) - Recoil 760 F3

Wedges:   :vokey-small:  SM6 56

Putter:   :odyssey-small:   White Hot XG Teron

Ball: :callaway-small: E.R.C. Soft Triple Track

Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO

Stage Two - The Review:

When I started to review the Vice Pro Soft I decided to test it alongside a couple other balls in a Best Ball format. To do that, I selected the four balls(Vice Pro Soft, Titleist Pro V1, Callaway Chrome Soft & Snell MTB) then proceeded to play 9 holes. I hit the balls in a random sort off the Tee, then recorded the distance to the balls. Next, I then placed the balls at the spot of the best drive and hit my approach shots. I then measured the distance from the hole to each ball. I thought this would give me both longest drive and most accurate iron shots. Playing 9 holes in this format actually was like playing 36 holes! The average drive was as follows:

Vice Pro Soft…………...203.7 yards

Callaway Chrome Soft..187.3 yards

Titleist Pro V1……….…186.7 yards

Snell MTB……………...181.6 yards

The Longest Drive was the Vice Pro Soft with 232 yards.

As for Approach Accuracy, I measured the distance from the pin to the ball, totaling the yardage for all 9 holes……here are the results…

Vice Pro Soft…..62 yards, with 2 out of 9 shots off the green

Snell MTB……..68 yards, with 2 out of 9 shots off the green

Titleist Pro V1…119 yards, with 4 out of 9 shots off the green

Callaway Chrome Soft…134 yards, with 5 out of 9 shots off the green

To summarize, it appears the Vice Pro Soft is the real deal for someone with a slow to moderate swing speed. I got considerably more distance off the drive(6 shots with Wilson Triton driver and one with Cobra F6 4 iron). I also seemed to hit the greens better.(2 Par 3's and 7 approach shots) Now for the rest of the review…..

attachicon.gifIMG_0535.JPG

Performance

Performance on the Course

Describe the following:

● Distance – As reported above, the VPS was the longest ball off the Tee.

● Consistency – The ball flight off the driver is mid launch.

● Feel –The VPS has a nice soft feel off the driver. The irons from the fairway and chipping around the green had a solid feel, but not “clicky”.

● Carry vs Roll – I got plenty of bounce and roll as we are experiencing drought-like conditions.

Course Score: (48 of 50 points)

attachicon.gifIMG_0532.JPG

Performance Notes

Subjective

Looks & Durability

Describe the following:

● Unusual golf ball with matte white finish. This is the first matte finished golf ball worldwide. There are tiny silicate particles in the clear lacquer which provides a special adhesion to the green….they call it S2TG (Stick To The Green) Technology.

● Played several rounds and the matte finish looks fine with no burrs.

● The sightline is terrific! Very easy to line up your putt. This is called the KIL Putt Linie (Keep In Line).

● I had a difficult time cleaning the ball after marking on the green. The grass stain and dirt seemed to stick to the matte finish.

attachicon.gifIMG_0127.JPG

Looks Score: (12 of 15 points)

attachicon.gifIMG_0527.JPG

Sound and Feel

Describe how the product sounds and feels

● There is no real sound when striking the ball as compared to other comparative balls.

● I am used to playing low compression balls so the dull sound is normal to me.

Sound and Feel Score: (12 of 15 points)

attachicon.gifImage1493302780.566793.jpg

Likelihood of Purchase

How likely would you be to purchase this accessory?

● These are the real deal, but I have way too many balls in my closet currently, so I will be ordering these as soon as I can get the inventory down.

● I do like the volume buying discount……1/$35, 3/$30 and 5/$25

LOP Score: (18 of 20 points)

Subjective Notes

Summarize your overall impressions.

attachicon.gifIMG_0126.JPG

Conclusion & Final Score

It was fun trying to play 4 balls in a scramble format all by myself. However, I did get pretty tired on the last couple holes as it was like playing 36 holes in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I loved the challenge of trying to see which ball performed the best for me. And that is the new Vice Pro Soft. It was long off the Tee, accurate off the irons and putted very smooth.

Total Score: (90 points)

Foz it sounds like the Vice could be a popular ball among the seniors. I like the extra distance you mentioned as us old guys can use the extra yardage.  I enjoyed this section of your review!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

great reviews so far MGS'ers.....I really want to try these out, once I get close to running out of Duo U's, think I might give a dozen of these a go 'round

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Stage Two

As it stands today, my tournament ball is the Bridgestone B330 RX and its backup is the e6.  Why, simply put they are the longest two balls that I have played with where I enjoy the flight and control of the ball.  The e6 is a bit longer but does not have the spin ability of the B330 RX.  I don't get as much backspin as I would like sometimes, that is what probably makes it easier for me to bounce back and forth between the two.  If you purchase ahead of time you usually can get a buy 3 get one free deal…

Performance on the Course:

attachicon.gifrange1_resized.png

The performance of the Vice Pro Soft is what you would expect from a soft ball.  It is much easier to get 7/8's of my distance but good luck getting that last eighth.  For me at 70 degrees this was 15 – 20 yards with my driver and about 10 yards with my irons.

Forgetting about distance, I love the way the ball comes off the club and it performed well in up to 30 MPH wind gusts (Welcome to Minnesota, the third windiest state in the Union.)  The Vice Pro Soft was very consistent in the way it reacted when I was chipping and pitching and it rolled very well when putting.

attachicon.gifchip1_resized.png

I have a medium to high flight on my ball so I do get more carry than roll.  It is April here in Minnesota, so it is damp and the roll is minimum anyway.  The one thing I did notice with the matte finish on the Vice Pro Soft is they picked up a little more dirt than other shiny golf balls.  The dirt washed off at the next tee and all was fine, but it may make the ball harder to find when the grass is a bit taller if the ball is duller from mud.

For me the Vice Pro Soft will be a good low temp ball.  Being over 29 for a good 20 years or so now, I don't like to swing too hard when it is cold out.  I get stiff and don't want to pull any muscles etc.  I think a shiny finish would be good for when it is damp out otherwise a good ball that I can get some backspin on.

attachicon.gifchipready_resized.png

Course score: 40

Looks and Durability:

The packaging for the Vice Pro Soft is different for sure, but that doesn't matter to me, I am buying what is on the inside.  The ball itself came in a matte white finish which I liked, but it did grab some mud on the hole dimming the color but otherwise didn't seem to affect performance unless it was a glob then that is out of the engineer's hands.  I like the matte finish in the sun, the less things glare the better in my book, hence the black wedges.

I found the Vice Pro Soft golf balls to be very durable.  I played 5 rounds with the same sleeve of balls and the two I did not lose (splash) are still in great shape!

Looks score: 15

Sound and Feel:

The Vice Pro Soft Golf balls had a nice soft feel off the club with a solid but muted sound.  I loved the feel and sound of the golf balls.  The Vice Pro Soft balls rolled beautifully off the putter whether I put a good stroke on it or not…

https://youtu.be/6qWj8t0MWDQ

Sound and Feel score: 15

Likelihood of Purchase:

The Vice Pro Soft Golf Balls will not replace my present tournament balls.  I just cannot give up the distance.  If I need balls for the spring or fall, I would not hesitate to buy these.  I knew this coming in and that is why they are getting the LOP score I am giving them.  They are the best soft golf ball I have used to date and the price is very reasonable for high performance golf balls.

Likelihood of Purchase Score:20

Subjective Notes:

The Vice Soft Pro golf Balls are a very high quality high performance golf ball.  They are durable and affordable, the more you buy the more you save, every golfers dream.  I was able to get 5 rounds in with a sleeve, just awesome!

Conclusion:

To conclude the Vice Pro Soft golf ball is a very good ball and will serve golfers with lower swing speeds or those of us who brave the elements as much as possible to extend our golf season.  Better yet, they come in some very neat colors though I only tested the matte white.

attachicon.gifColored Vice Pro Soft resized.png

Total Score: 90

I find it interesting how you get less distance from these balls and I'm thinking the cool Minnesota weather with the soft turf could be a factor. Foz was getting good distance however his Florida fairways were dry and hard so that's the difference imo. You both make the comment of how grass etc. sticks to the cover.  Thanks for working hard on your review and the info is great!

Note: "The one thing I did notice with the matte finish on the Vice Pro Soft is they picked up a little more dirt than other shiny golf balls". 

Cleveland

Stage 1 Placeholder

●       Handicap? (Or average score)

●       Handicap 15

●       Strengths of your game?

●       I always be positive. My mid irons are oke.

●       Weakness of your game?

●       Don't hit the ball always in the center, so my ballstrike

doesn't always go in the right direction. I have to work on my short game, 10-60 meter shots.

●       Typical ball flight?

●       Low ball flight.

●       Typical miss?

●       Heel strike

●       Current Ball?

●       Pinnacle Lady

●       Swing tempo?

●       Moderate

●       Driver swing speed?

●       My driver swingspeed is about 78-83 mph

●       Video of swing?

●       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-NEZXubcg

●       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOsKQ8hZkQ

●       What makes you love the game?

●       I love golf, since my first step on the golf course and hitting my first golfball on the range. From that moment, golf went through my vines.

Golf is a ticket to freedom. Being outdoors in nature while practicing this sport makes your heart beat faster. The deer, rabbits and other animals see and hear give you a privileged feeling. Striving for perfection, but it's never perfect.

●       How long have you been golfing?

●       I was 20 years when I started with golf (2008), after a few years of chronical Lyme Disease. I played golf for 5 years whereafter the Lyme came back. For 4 years I had chronical Lyme Disease again and couldn't do anything. Since this year, 2017, my health is become much better, so I started again with golf. I love this sport, so I can't without it. My energy isn't already 100%, so I have to take it easy, but when I feel good, I play some golf!!

●       What kind of golfer are you?

●       I'm a very fanatic golfer. I always push myself to the limit. I'll become a better golfer. I want to become a single handicapper. As long as I'm not a single handicapper, I'm nog satisfied.

I'm so addicted to golf that I can't a day without golf. Though it isn't golf by myself, then it is read about it, watch movies and talk about it.

●       What's your story?

●       Been playing for about 5 years. Playing handicap 15. I'm very addicted to golf. In The Netherlands (Europe) there are less women's golfers, particularly of my age. I hope to inspire some girls/women's between 20 and 35 also to play this lovely sport. Ever since I start playing golf, the game has been running through my veins. I would like to bring my handicap down to a single handicap.

●       What is in your bag?

Driver:

King Cobra Speed LD Offset M12.0 – Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara Lite Flex shaft 12 degrees (2007)

Houten:

King Cobra Speed LD Offset 3 wood – Aldila HL65 Lite Flex shaft (2007)

Hybrides:

-

IJzers:

King Cobra FP 5-sw – Aldila HL65 Lite Flex shaft (2007)

Wedges:

-

Putter:

Odyssey White Hot XG Teron (2007)

Golfbal:

Pinnacle Lady

This year I want to buy new irons, hybrid, woods and a driver (fitted golf clubs,  now I play with a standard set of Cobra from 2007). This Cobra set is suitable for about handicap 18 or higher.

I also want to play with a fitted golfball, maybe this Vice Pro Soft is perfect for me.We'll see……

●       How did you choose them?

●       I purchased these clubs following the advice of a man in a golf shop.

●       What region do you play out of?

●       I play in my area in Northern of The Nerhetlands.

●       Are you a tinkerer or a set and forget it type?

●       I'm definitely a tinkerer golfer. 

How did you stack those two balls up!? :blink: 

I enjoyed your review and thanks for the hard work it takes to put these together!

Cleveland

Vice Pro Soft Golf Balls – Official MGS Forum Review by Caleb Wiegmann

*** No pictures yet, the weather the past 8 days here in Iowa has been miserable.  It is snowing right now on April 28, 2017.  Welcome to Iowa!  Pictures to come….

Performance

Performance on the Course

Describe the following:

• Distance – The Vice Pro Soft knocked it out of the ballpark in this area in my opinion.  Typically off the tee, I am around 250 yards with a low-ball flight.  With the Vice Pro Soft, I was 250+ with all of my drives.  My ball flight was typical (low), but it was consistently straight (unless the ole snaphook came out!).

Subjective

Looks & Durability

Describe the following:

• The matte finish on this golf ball is definitely different.  It is the first of its kind for a golf ball.  I loved it.  I think the matte finish is just what my golf ball needed.  It did not reflect at all on those bright, sun-shiney days like other golf balls have done for me in the past.  It is almost exactly opposite of what the Volvik S4 white model ball gives you.  That ball made me feel like the ball was “shining” in the sun and I did not appreciate that during my setup.  The matte finish, the KIL putting line, and the simplistic, beautiful design makes the Vice Pro Soft golf ball look great!

Caleb Wiegmann

Two things caught my attention.   The gained distance for you and the matte type finish was a comfort thing or you. 

It's funny how some golf ball companies are working hard at making balls shine or glow and Vice is going the opposite direction.   I enjoyed your review!

Cleveland

Thanks Ole Gray! Really enjoyed reviewing these golf balls.  MGS thanks again!

Two things caught my attention.   The gained distance for you and the matte type finish was a comfort thing or you. 

It's funny how some golf ball companies are working hard at making balls shine or glow and Vice is going the opposite direction.   I enjoyed your review!

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

How did you stack those two balls up!? :blink:

I enjoyed your review and thanks for the hard work it takes to put these together!

A lot of patience needed  :rolleyes:  :D

Driver  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 10,5* Project X Even Flow 5.0A 45G

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: 816 H1 19

Irons:   :callaway-small:  Apex CF16 (5-PW) - Recoil 760 F3

Wedges:   :vokey-small:  SM6 56

Putter:   :odyssey-small:   White Hot XG Teron

Ball: :callaway-small: E.R.C. Soft Triple Track

Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO

Some awesome work here by MGS'ers --- nicely done!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Great Reviews!  Can you guys speak a little more to the performance around the green?  specifically chipping/pitching.....it has a Urethane cover, are you able to get some check on your chip shots?

Great question Judge, my test reported the VPS was the closest to the pins. This was partly due to the shot off the approach irons and partially due to a bounce, hop then stop on the green. I am nog INS who backs the ball up so mostly I see a bounce hop then stop.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I noticed that they did check up pretty well. I dropped a few and tested some pitch and chip shots from various distances and they had some noticeable bite to them. Like Foz said, usually a bounce them stop.

Great Reviews!  Can you guys speak a little more to the performance around the green?  specifically chipping/pitching.....it has a Urethane cover, are you able to get some check on your chip shots?

Great question Judge...

I thought the performance around the green was outstanding.  I thought I could give it a run at the pin every time I was around the green (not putting). I was confident that the VPS would stop after a bounce or two.  It really gave me the confidence to go after it and make a run at the pin.  I had never felt that type of confidence before with any other golf ball.  I think this ball is a game-changer for those of us who have swing speeds of less than 100 MPH - I also think that this ball completely changes my approach to the game of golf. My confidence is as high as it has ever been, especially around the green.  Thanks again to MGS for the opportunity to test the VPS golf ball. 

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

thanks for the additional info

Judge I had great success around the greens. From the approach range with a full swing the ball backed up for me....which doesn't happen for me except once every blue moon. Chipping was outstanding and I was able to get it to slow down quickly with a hop and a small run out. Needless to say around the greens it was A+

Great Reviews! Can you guys speak a little more to the performance around the green? specifically chipping/pitching.....it has a Urethane cover, are you able to get some check on your chip shots?

Hi man, myself I was getting more run out than expected. 30 yds in I used my 60° more or tried to run a punch shot up.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Archived