Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - VICE PRO SOFT GOLF BALLS

JBones

Hi man, myself I was getting more run out than expected. 30 yds in I used my 60° more or tried to run a punch shot up.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Tazz, I do see you normally play a ProV, I wouldn't expect the Vice to 'grab' like a ProV, not many balls do......appreciate all the info

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tazz, I do see you normally play a ProV, I wouldn't expect the Vice to 'grab' like a ProV, not many balls do......appreciate all the info

Very true man. On a side note, once I adapted to it I recorded my best round since my surgery last May.

It is a gamer for sure.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Very true man. On a side note, once I adapted to it I recorded my best round since my surgery last May.

It is a gamer for sure.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Nice, I definitely need to come upon a sleeve of these....betting they will be very comparable to my gamer, Duo U

Just wanted to say cjwiegmann is a helluva guy.......I didn't even ask, he offered completely on his own.  I can't wait to add my thoughts on these

vice.jpg

Just wanted to say cjwiegmann is a helluva guy.......I didn't even ask, he offered completely on his own.  I can't wait to add my thoughts on these

attachicon.gifvice.jpg

Thanks Judge!! Appreciate the kind words that is for sure! I hope you have as good of an experience with them as I did! I thought I could try and be as kind as MGS is too us!

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

Wasnt' able to play today, but was able to get to the practice green to chip and putt

The ball felt and performed almost identical to my WS DUO Urethane......no noticeable difference in the ball 'checking' up.....many times I would hit a chip with each, and they would end up right next to each other.  I do like the matte finish.   Should get a chance for some full shots next weekend.

Hey guys and gals just bought a Vice selected pack. Really wanted to like the Pro Soft but ended up loving the Pro. Did any of you notice the Pro Soft getting really slick feeling after a few holes?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

Hey guys and gals just bought a Vice selected pack. Really wanted to like the Pro Soft but ended up loving the Pro. Did any of you notice the Pro Soft getting really slick feeling after a few holes?

Not slick for me just easily dirty but cleans easy. Very durable ball imo

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Yeah easy to clean and after 9 holes it didn't show much wear. My wife wanted to hit it on hole 5 and it literally squirted out of my fingers like a wet bar of soap when I went to hand it to her. Both of the trial balls I had felt the same after 3 or 4 holes. I used a wet rag to clean on every hole. Just seemed odd to me.

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Taylormade TP5x

I didn't notice it being slick as said just gets the grass staining. I have hit the Pro as well and I liked it but the soft works a bit better for me!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Also not slick for me, but only very dirty. But they clean up very well with water and a little bit of soap

Driver  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 10,5* Project X Even Flow 5.0A 45G

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: 816 H1 19

Irons:   :callaway-small:  Apex CF16 (5-PW) - Recoil 760 F3

Wedges:   :vokey-small:  SM6 56

Putter:   :odyssey-small:   White Hot XG Teron

Ball: :callaway-small: E.R.C. Soft Triple Track

Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO

I as well didn't notice any ball getting slick - I thought it was very durable and cleaned up nicely.

Thanks for the replies, perhaps just sample variation in the two ball pack I received. One things for sure these golf balls perform and are very pleasing to the eye. DSC02985-800x533.jpg

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Taylormade TP5x

I agree Spur!

Very good ball that performs very well! Plus, it is pretty awesome looking!!

was able to get these out on the course this weekend and play alongside my Duo U's......I can find no real difference in performance, which is a compliment.   Distance, Spin, etc....no difference was noticable...I like them quite a bit, when I'm ready to restock, may just come down to best price

Awesome to hear Judge!

was able to get these out on the course this weekend and play alongside my Duo U's......I can find no real difference in performance, which is a compliment.   Distance, Spin, etc....no difference was noticable...I like them quite a bit, when I'm ready to restock, may just come down to best price

• 2 weeks later...

I saved two sleeves of the Vice Pro Soft for my Annual Buddy Trip which starts tomorrow......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just finished reading through all the reviews. It sounds like overall these are some quality balls. I'm loving what I'm getting out of the Snell MTBs right now, but I may need to try one of the variations of the Vice just to see how they compare. Maybe I'll pick up one of their "Selected" packs where they give you two of each ball so I can try them all out and see which one fits me better. 

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I don't think the VP Soft comes in the sampler packs.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Foz,

This 10 ball pack http://www.vicegolf.com/us2/vice-golf-selected-package-2017says it includes 2 balls of every style they offer. It says there are 5 different models which is all they offer. Maybe they updated it recently?

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• 3 weeks later...

I just got through reading all of the reviews on the Vice Pro Soft, sounds like this is a pretty solid ball, I have been playing in the SNELL MTB quite a bit lately but I may have to check this out. I have tried VICE balls before, when I was given a dozen of their shooter balls as a gift. The Shooter ball didn't seem to work very well for my game and I felt like I was hitting a cheap distance ball.

I think I will give these a try based on what I've read in the reviews.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Foz,

This 10 ball pack http://www.vicegolf.com/us2/vice-golf-selected-package-2017says it includes 2 balls of every style they offer. It says there are 5 different models which is all they offer. Maybe they updated it recently?

That's a terrific sampler!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

These are very good balls, love the feel, flight, and the colors. the only con I have is the durability of the covers of the neon lime and neon red(espeically red), wedges seems to cut quite deep into them and I don't even have a fast swing. Many par 3s it will leave a red/ yellow mark on the face of my wedge and the cover end up looking like it is chewed up, my average life span with them is no more than 3 rounds. Anyone else experienced the same? 

9AfZpwo.jpg

oh and vice is having a buy 5 dozen and get 1 dozen free deal right now, all models. Ends up being around $22 a dozen with shipping, great deal. Ends July 8th.

Link?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just finished my 5th round with these. Bought two sleeves as I always liked Chrome Soft and wanted to try them against my Vice Pro gamer before buying another 5 dozen.

From a performance perspective, it was very hard to tell the difference. My strike was definitely the dominate factor in results. Drives were identical into and with wind. Fairway and rough shots were identical - no major distance gain. Green side spin was also very good. The only possible performance delta was MAYBE a tad lower launch. I don't feel i would score any differently over 100 rounds playing these.

My issue with the ball is the feel. I wanted it to feel softer. My Vice Pro has that multi-piece urethane pro v1 type feel which I like, but the iconic marshmallow chrome soft was what i was hoping to get. This ball was more like a stale marshmallow that had seen better days. The matte color makes it look like cardboard which is weird, and it seems to scuff easily. There was a duller sound off strikes and putts though.

I am going to try some more high spin short game shots to see if there is something there, but right now I think I am staying with the Vice Pro.

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5* (@9.5*), 44"

3W: Calaway Epic 15*, -1/2"

Hybrids: Mizuno JPX 900 19* & 22*(@23*), -1/2"

Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, -1/2"

Wedges: Mizuno T7 50*, 56*(@55*) & 60*, -1/2"

Putter: Ping Sigma G Darby, 33"

• 1 month later...
A few words about my experience. I have used a Vice Pro Neon, Chrome Soft, TP5x, and Vice Pro Soft. about the same as an NXT not what I thought I was getting but good for what they are. Nothing special.

Next time I am going to use Callaway Supersoft golf balls. Did anybody here try them already? If I have slow speed swing, what kind of ball suited for me to gain distance?

Sorry for not chiming in before now as life has kept me away from the forum a bit. So I would say most of us here would not be who to ask for what ball you should use alexxx. I would say go get fit, or if you are like me you will just have to test different balls to see. I tend to play balls that are not targeted for my swing speed as I base everything off of the short game and the "tour" balls tend to do that better for me. I have played the SuperSoft and they are solid. Only way I can explain them is bouncy which sounds weird but that is how they felt to me.

Sen-we only tested the white so can't comment on the durability differences. But was going to try and pick some up so if I get a chance I'll fill you in on my findings.

Squirrels-sounds like we had similar results on these. They are a solid golf ball for sure. Still have been some of the best balls on shots close to the greens for me.

Ok so I wanted to follow up on everyone who posted over the last month or so before my latest update with the Vice Pro Soft. So I have been mostly playing the Pro Soft since I tested them months back. What I have found is more of the same this is my favorite ball to chip, pitch, and hit within 50 yards of the green. It just performs for me. It stops quickly and on fuller type shots I get some reverse on the ball. Putting is hit and miss for me 90% of the time it is great 10% of the time it's about like any other Soft ball(this is user error traditionally me not giving it enough juice, imagine that the ball isn't magic). Iron play and driver play the last few rounds has been....inconsistent. First of all I have been a terrible ball striker the last few rounds. Irons it has been less noticeable except for a few shots. Driver though I have really been struggling to get distance out of the ball even on good strikes. My last round it got to the point I put my B330rxs back in play for a few holes....what I got was my longest drive of the summer and a bit of distance on my irons on a couple of shots(I think this is more strike than anything). The driver is what worries me. It was a significant difference like 50 yards(once again grain of salt as I wasn't striking well) but that is a huge difference especially because it was going up hill so roll shouldn't have made a huge difference. I knew I wasn't getting as much distance from them but this is the first time I really payed attention because the yardage was so large. So what this tells me is I still love this ball around the greens and I may try and go for a ball fitting to see if I can find the best of both worlds....or just buy a couple of boxes/sleeves of different balls to test. Short game will almost always win out in my books but if I keep seeing 50 yards a switch may be coming soon.

Archived