TESTERS WANTED! ×

Personal Launch Monitor ES14 or SC200

Golfspy_CG2

I read the Most Wanted Testing that was done on these two years ago, and wanted to see if anyone has any information on the latest models.   

In the testing the SC100 did the best, but now I know there is the SC200 out. I'm personally intrigued by the ES14 for all it advertises.   Also of interest but perhaps out of my range is the SkyTrack.  

It seems this year and last year the shottracking systems have really taken off for perosnal use.   I'm hoping and waiting for these devices to do the same.   The $200 price for the VoiceCaddy models is very affordable, the $500 for the ES14 is the price of a topline driver.  But if it ;performs as advertised, I could see it being worth the price. 

I'd be curious to hear any current thoughts or experiences of anyone on any of these.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've been looking hard at these and don't think they are ready for prime time at the lower price points. I want the skytrak but don't have the space to use indoors and is a bit out of the price range

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've been looking hard at these and don't think they are ready for prime time at the lower price points. I want the skytrak but don't have the space to use indoors and is a bit out of the price range

I think you're correct.

I think it was MDHacker and I who discussed at one point about two or three of us going in together for a Skytrack and putting it in the house (garage) that had the most space. Makes it more affordable. Just not sure how his wife would feel about me showing up unannounced at 9:00 pm and letting myself in to use "our LM". HA

The thing might end up in pieces on the front lawn pretty quickly

I got the ES14 in December and so far it is as good as advertised. For a personal monitor at that price point it performs well enough to give you reliable data. Having the data on an iPad is really a nice feature. Will give you a better review of it once I get some more time with it.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Also have an SC200 (I think) and it is. It bad. I don't like that you can't save data on it and review a range session when you get home.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I got the ES14 in December and so far it is as good as advertised. For a personal monitor at that price point it performs well enough to give you reliable data. Having the data on an iPad is really a nice feature. Will give you a better review of it once I get some more time with it.

Also have an SC200 (I think) and it is. It bad. I don't like that you can't save data on it and review a range session when you get home.

That's good info. Thanks very much.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think you're correct.

I think it was MDHacker and I who discussed at one point about two or three of us going in together for a Skytrack and putting it in the house (garage) that had the most space. Makes it more affordable. Just not sure how his wife would feel about me showing up unannounced at 9:00 pm and letting myself in to use "our LM". HA

Ha ha ha... Went along with the plans to rent storage space to house all of our golf gear as well as an installed loft/lie machine to tinker with our clubs. I believe we were thinking of going all in for a base trackman which started at 5k at the time, lol.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Ha ha ha... Went along with the plans to rent storage space to house all of our golf gear as well as an installed loft/lie machine to tinker with our clubs. I believe we were thinking of going all in for a base trackman which started at 5k at the time, lol.

MDGolfHacker

Oh yeah, the centrilzed storage unit for our backup to our backup to the backup sets..LOL     I think we envisioned a conversation going something like "Hey are you stopping by the storage unit tomorrow on the way to the course?  Could you grab my (fill in the blank) bag, I think I'm going to try it tomorrow...HA

So it was a Trackman, ok better start saving some more pennies...HA

Oh yeah, the centrilzed storage unit for our backup to our backup to the backup sets..LOL I think we envisioned a conversation going something like "Hey are you stopping by the storage unit tomorrow on the way to the course? Could you grab my (fill in the blank) bag, I think I'm going to try it tomorrow...HA

So it was a Trackman, ok better start saving some more pennies...HA

Yep, good times ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Good stuff, I was actually looking at the SC100 the other day. Thinking "do I really need this?" Then the SkyTrac ad popped up, and yes I really must have that thing for winter. Work has a giant heated, well lit garage that's perfect for setting up a net and this machine. Keep my practice up all winter. Instead of paying the college to use their sim, why not just buy my own. And if I ever build a dream house with the wife, the man cave will have a track man.

I think you're correct.

I've been using arccos 360 for a couple months. Honestly, it's pretty awesome. Not sure a LM is needed when you get the real on course data. I would love the simulator though to play at home!!

I've been using arccos 360 for a couple months. Honestly, it's pretty awesome. Not sure a LM is needed when you get the real on course data. I would love the simulator though to play at home!!

The reason I'd want it is for range work, I really need to get all my distances dialed in correctly, and also learn a bit about my spin, launch and such.    The shot tracking systems are great for stats, I tried that last year with Game Golf, but I wasn't patient enough to do all the editing required to accurately edit shots and putts and stuff.  

But I do like the simple ones, like Arcoss Driver, that comes automatically with the driver.   But a LM will provide so much more than just distance. 

I think most people want the LM to endure the long, cold winter nights... haha!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The reason I'd want it is for range work, I really need to get all my distances dialed in correctly, and also learn a bit about my spin, launch and such. The shot tracking systems are great for stats, I tried that last year with Game Golf, but I wasn't patient enough to do all the editing required to accurately edit shots and putts and stuff.

But I do like the simple ones, like Arcoss Driver, that comes automatically with the driver. But a LM will provide so much more than just distance.

I hear you and agree a LM is useful, but arccos 360 is basically plug and play, very minimal if any editing once you get the hang of it. It gives real distance for each club in the bag, provides excellent gap analysis, and shows what you need to work on. Not trying to up sell it, and has its faults, but for the price point it will provide a lot of useful info. Obviously no spin or launch numbers, but spot on distances where they count, on the course.

I hear you and agree a LM is useful, but arccos 360 is basically plug and play, very minimal if any editing once you get the hang of it. It gives real distance for each club in the bag, provides excellent gap analysis, and shows what you need to work on. Not trying to up sell it, and has its faults, but for the price point it will provide a lot of useful info. Obviously no spin or launch numbers, but spot on distances where they count, on the course.

No, that's good info. I have heard great things about it vs GG.

Perhaps I'll give it a shot as well at some point. I'm a sucker for anything cool. Lol

Good stuff, I was actually looking at the SC100 the other day. Thinking "do I really need this?" Then the SkyTrac ad popped up, and yes I really must have that thing for winter. Work has a giant heated, well lit garage that's perfect for setting up a net and this machine. Keep my practice up all winter. Instead of paying the college to use their sim, why not just buy my own. And if I ever build a dream house with the wife, the man cave will have a track man.

A lot of my golf ponders start with the question "do I really need this?" And the answer is almost always no....yet somehow all of these boxes keep showing up at my house with golf stuff haha

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

A lot of my golf ponders start with the question "do I really need this?" And the answer is almost always no....yet somehow all of these boxes keep showing up at my house with golf stuff haha

Oh..do I know that scenario.  Not only with golf clubs but with chocolate chip cookies and banana pudding flavored ice cream.  :D

I have the Voice Caddie SC100. A couple of notes on this: First, the lofts on the clubs are preset and cannot be changed.  I believe it would make your numbers a little off if your set does not match the preset lofts.  On the new SC200 you can customize the lofts, which is a good improvement.

Second, my first two of these were duds and I had to exchange them...that being said, Voice Caddie had good customer service and took care of it.  Just a little annoying I had to get to the third one to finally get one that worked properly.

Overall I think it is not a bad launch monitor if you just want the basics.  It also has some fun games, like a practice mode that randomly selects different distances to try and hit.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I have the Voice Caddie SC100. A couple of notes on this: First, the lofts on the clubs are preset and cannot be changed. I believe it would make your numbers a little off if your set does not match the preset lofts. On the new SC200 you can customize the lofts, which is a good improvement.

Second, my first two of these were duds and I had to exchange them...that being said, Voice Caddie had good customer service and took care of it. Just a little annoying I had to get to the third one to finally get one that worked properly.

Overall I think it is not a bad launch monitor if you just want the basics. It also has some fun games, like a practice mode that randomly selects different distances to try and hit.

Thanks for the info. Good to know their CS stood behind the product.

One of the best features of the ES14 is being able to review shot data on my iPad by range session.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

If it gives me numbers like that, I'll take two. Ha

Seriously, that's good info. Pretty much everything I'd need. Do you feel those numbers are pretty close to what you've seen on some of the higher end units when you've been on them?

If it gives me numbers like that, I'll take two. Ha

Seriously, that's good info. Pretty much everything I'd need. Do you feel those numbers are pretty close to what you've seen on some of the higher end units when you've been on them?

Smash factor and spin were awful but more than likely due to crappy range balls. Will get better numbers tomorrow when I get to the range at my club and get to hit some decent range balls.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Can these be used indoors, or do they HAVE to be used outside for the distances?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Can these be used indoors, or do they HAVE to be used outside for the distances?

They can be used indoors as well for the ES14 and the SC200 that I have. They get the flight in the first several feet and t calculates from there.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Thanks mate!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 3 months later...

Bringing this topic back to life as I spent a lot of time pondering these again over the weekend.   I did some more reading on the SC200 and it sounded pretty good, but seeing Jmikecpa's screenshot above again, shows how good the ES14 is.  

Any more recent thoughts from anyone?

After having spent some time using a launch monitor, the biggest things that I would want to see are distance, face angle and path. Those are the things that I really need to work on to be more effective playing golf. Seeing that information has helped me to figure out issues. Things like smash factor and spin are nice for fitting purposes but not sure how I would apply to practice

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

After having spent some time using a launch monitor, the biggest things that I would want to see are distance, face angle and path. Those are the things that I really need to work on to be more effective playing golf. Seeing that information has helped me to figure out issues. Things like smash factor and spin are nice for fitting purposes but not sure how I would apply to practice

I agree with the metrics you mention as to a good tool for improving your swing.

I don't think the lower priced models I'm looking at ES14 or SC200 track face angle or path.   Mostly just ball speed, club head speed, smash factor (for driver) and carry distance.  For me getting ready to go into a new set of clubs I think learning my actual distances on extended range sessions would be good.   

Also I like the practice mode of SC200 where you can set a distance, say 160 yards and find out how many times out of 10 or so that you hit your 6 iron or 5 iron that distance, to know if it's reliable or one of those "one time I hit my 6 iron 180 yard" type things...

I am with you on the distance practice. At that point I don't care about speed, launch, or smash, just how far I carry the ball. If the monitor provides accurate numbers it would be a great practice tool. Affordability is the benefit because the information I am looking for isn't easily obtained in a reliable manner without significant cosr

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived