TESTERS WANTED! ×

Personal Launch Monitor ES14 or SC200

Golfspy_CG2

I am with you on the distance practice. At that point I don't care about speed, launch, or smash, just how far I carry the ball. If the monitor provides accurate numbers it would be a great practice tool. Affordability is the benefit because the information I am looking for isn't easily obtained in a reliable manner without significant cosr

I did watch an online review from a PGA Teaching Pro who said he had it up against his $20,000 LM and the distances were literally almost identical on a consistent basis, so that's promising.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Still liking the ES14. Gives me enough data to be helpful and easy to use and set up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

@CG2

Just tell your wife you've gotta use the LM for your JPX review since the cost is already offset. It might as well be free!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

@CG2

Just tell your wife you've gotta use the LM for your JPX review since the cost is already offset. It might as well be free!

Ha Ha. I think I already used that logic for buying the new I phone 7plus last week. Have to have one to take good pictures.

But in truth, it's not really an issie as we don't usually questuon each other about purchases. Granted neither of us have bought a Porsche or anything like that. Although a few years ago I did drive home in a new SUV, when I told her I was just going to stop and look at some new models to see what's out there.

That did get a raised eyebrow look. Ha

Ha Ha. I think I already used that logic for buying the new I phone 7plus last week. Have to have one to take good pictures.

But in truth, it's not really an issie as we don't usually questuon each other about purchases. Granted neither of us have bought a Porsche or anything like that. Although a few years ago I did drive home in a new SUV, when I told her I was just going to stop and look at some new models to see what's out there.

You're lucky it was only a raised eyebrow!

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

You're lucky it was only a raised eyebrow!Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

So true!!

Make sure you get to know the portrait mode.

- Alan

The ES14 works well with an iPhone 7 Plus. Just saying.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Make sure you get to know the portrait mode.

- Alan

Thanks to your I200 reveiew pics it was one of the first features I checked out. I will still need to do some youtube searchig on tips and all for it.  But the quality of your pics is very promising!

The ES14 works well with an iPhone 7 Plus. Just saying.

Good to know.  Although I have to say right now, I might be leaning toward the SC200, one of the reasons was the display is much larger than the ES14, but knowing the fact that you just mentioned about the 7Plus helps.  Also I do like the fact that the ES14 stores the data, which I guess can be downloaded later.   That might help a lot in my review of the JPX900's   

I guess Im just trying to decide if I'll be getting more long term functionality out of it over the SC200 for the price difference. 

Of course this morning I see the email from MGS about the MEVO...it was one I had looked at briefly as well, so I need to go see what they are having to say about it, to see if it's anything new...ha

That Mevo looks pretty good and the fact that its made by Flightscope makes it more interesting.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I have an "expensive" Nikon and I can not match the quality that the iPhone takes. Drives me nuts.

I think that goes along with players that play the same golf equipment as a particular pro but don't get the same results. It is about the photographer and not the camera. I watched a series on YouTube where they gave professional photographers toy cameras and they still took great photos.

That said, I can't get decent photos on my phone, so my review photos will be done with a real camera.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think that goes along with players that play the same golf equipment as a particular pro but don't get the same results. It is about the photographer and not the camera. I watched a series on YouTube where they gave professional photographers toy cameras and they still took great photos.

That said, I can't get decent photos on my phone, so my review photos will be done with a real camera.

Took 1 year of photo classes. Used to take really nice pictures with the camera. The quality just doesn't meet the phone.

- Alan

I don's use the screen on the ES14 all that much and use my iPad mini for the data.  The app is pretty functional and gives some good sort functions that allow you to get meaningful results.  I have the SC200 as well and it has been in the basement on not used all that much since I got it.  

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I don's use the screen on the ES14 all that much and use my iPad mini for the data.  The app is pretty functional and gives some good sort functions that allow you to get meaningful results.  I have the SC200 as well and it has been in the basement on not used all that much since I got it.  

Maybe I ought to make you an offer on the SC200 then  :D

Maybe I ought to make you an offer on the SC200 then  :D

We both know that I never sell golf stuff.  I say I collect things my wife says that I am a hoarder.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I was contemplating the same launch monitors and read everything I could about them and watched every review I could find. I was able to try them out as a local instructor had the ES14 and borrowed the SC100. They both gave similar information but I was wowed when I tried the Skytrak. I realized I was better off saving for it as I could hit into a net using it paired to an iPad and save money on range fees. Then one day I can use it for a full indoor simulator setup. I saw it as the better investment for my needs

• 7 months later...

I have both the ES14 and SC 200. I'm not altogether sure how accurate either unit is. I have used them side by side and gotten swing speed difference is up to 8 mph for the same driver swing with identical ball speed numbers.

The ES 14 seems to be more consistent in regards to swing speed and ball speed, but the launch angle and spin calculations are pretty far off compared to trackman. I recently did a driver fitting and on a 101 mph avg ball speed showed 2100 spin and 13 degree launch angle with 240 carry on track man. The next day I took the ES 14 out and got identical club and ball speed numbers as well as identical carry distance but the spin was 2800 and the launch angle 14.5.

The SC 200 is pretty erratic. I've used the training mode to try and dial in my wedge distances. I find the numbers to be very erratic on these wedge shots. Hitting to a pin that I shot with the laser will show variances if over 10 yards.

In summary you can get good club speed and ball speed numbers from the ES 14 but the calculated numbers are not reliable enough to base any swing or equipment changes on. The SC 200 is too inconsistent to be of much use for anything in my opinion.

Archived