Golfspy_CG2

Personal Launch Monitor ES14 or SC200

Our Sponsors

I read the Most Wanted Testing that was done on these two years ago, and wanted to see if anyone has any information on the latest models.   

In the testing the SC100 did the best, but now I know there is the SC200 out. I'm personally intrigued by the ES14 for all it advertises.   Also of interest but perhaps out of my range is the SkyTrack.  

It seems this year and last year the shottracking systems have really taken off for perosnal use.   I'm hoping and waiting for these devices to do the same.   The $200 price for the VoiceCaddy models is very affordable, the $500 for the ES14 is the price of a topline driver.  But if it ;performs as advertised, I could see it being worth the price. 

I'd be curious to hear any current thoughts or experiences of anyone on any of these.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I've been looking hard at these and don't think they are ready for prime time at the lower price points. I want the skytrak but don't have the space to use indoors and is a bit out of the price range

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I'd like see some updates. That flight scope for $500 too if anyone had used it.

• Like 1

I've been looking hard at these and don't think they are ready for prime time at the lower price points. I want the skytrak but don't have the space to use indoors and is a bit out of the price range

I think you're correct.

I think it was MDHacker and I who discussed at one point about two or three of us going in together for a Skytrack and putting it in the house (garage) that had the most space. Makes it more affordable. Just not sure how his wife would feel about me showing up unannounced at 9:00 pm and letting myself in to use "our LM". HA

The thing might end up in pieces on the front lawn pretty quickly

• Like 3

I got the ES14 in December and so far it is as good as advertised. For a personal monitor at that price point it performs well enough to give you reliable data. Having the data on an iPad is really a nice feature. Will give you a better review of it once I get some more time with it.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Also have an SC200 (I think) and it is. It bad. I don't like that you can't save data on it and review a range session when you get home.

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I got the ES14 in December and so far it is as good as advertised. For a personal monitor at that price point it performs well enough to give you reliable data. Having the data on an iPad is really a nice feature. Will give you a better review of it once I get some more time with it.

Also have an SC200 (I think) and it is. It bad. I don't like that you can't save data on it and review a range session when you get home.

That's good info. Thanks very much.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think you're correct.

I think it was MDHacker and I who discussed at one point about two or three of us going in together for a Skytrack and putting it in the house (garage) that had the most space. Makes it more affordable. Just not sure how his wife would feel about me showing up unannounced at 9:00 pm and letting myself in to use "our LM". HA

Ha ha ha... Went along with the plans to rent storage space to house all of our golf gear as well as an installed loft/lie machine to tinker with our clubs. I believe we were thinking of going all in for a base trackman which started at 5k at the time, lol.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Ha ha ha... Went along with the plans to rent storage space to house all of our golf gear as well as an installed loft/lie machine to tinker with our clubs. I believe we were thinking of going all in for a base trackman which started at 5k at the time, lol.

MDGolfHacker

Oh yeah, the centrilzed storage unit for our backup to our backup to the backup sets..LOL     I think we envisioned a conversation going something like "Hey are you stopping by the storage unit tomorrow on the way to the course?  Could you grab my (fill in the blank) bag, I think I'm going to try it tomorrow...HA

So it was a Trackman, ok better start saving some more pennies...HA

• Like 1

Oh yeah, the centrilzed storage unit for our backup to our backup to the backup sets..LOL I think we envisioned a conversation going something like "Hey are you stopping by the storage unit tomorrow on the way to the course? Could you grab my (fill in the blank) bag, I think I'm going to try it tomorrow...HA

So it was a Trackman, ok better start saving some more pennies...HA

Yep, good times ;)

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Good stuff, I was actually looking at the SC100 the other day. Thinking "do I really need this?" Then the SkyTrac ad popped up, and yes I really must have that thing for winter. Work has a giant heated, well lit garage that's perfect for setting up a net and this machine. Keep my practice up all winter. Instead of paying the college to use their sim, why not just buy my own. And if I ever build a dream house with the wife, the man cave will have a track man.

• Like 1

I think you're correct.

I've been using arccos 360 for a couple months. Honestly, it's pretty awesome. Not sure a LM is needed when you get the real on course data. I would love the simulator though to play at home!!

• Like 1

I've been using arccos 360 for a couple months. Honestly, it's pretty awesome. Not sure a LM is needed when you get the real on course data. I would love the simulator though to play at home!!

The reason I'd want it is for range work, I really need to get all my distances dialed in correctly, and also learn a bit about my spin, launch and such.    The shot tracking systems are great for stats, I tried that last year with Game Golf, but I wasn't patient enough to do all the editing required to accurately edit shots and putts and stuff.  

But I do like the simple ones, like Arcoss Driver, that comes automatically with the driver.   But a LM will provide so much more than just distance. 

• Like 1

I think most people want the LM to endure the long, cold winter nights... haha!

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The reason I'd want it is for range work, I really need to get all my distances dialed in correctly, and also learn a bit about my spin, launch and such. The shot tracking systems are great for stats, I tried that last year with Game Golf, but I wasn't patient enough to do all the editing required to accurately edit shots and putts and stuff.

But I do like the simple ones, like Arcoss Driver, that comes automatically with the driver. But a LM will provide so much more than just distance.

I hear you and agree a LM is useful, but arccos 360 is basically plug and play, very minimal if any editing once you get the hang of it. It gives real distance for each club in the bag, provides excellent gap analysis, and shows what you need to work on. Not trying to up sell it, and has its faults, but for the price point it will provide a lot of useful info. Obviously no spin or launch numbers, but spot on distances where they count, on the course.

• Like 2

I hear you and agree a LM is useful, but arccos 360 is basically plug and play, very minimal if any editing once you get the hang of it. It gives real distance for each club in the bag, provides excellent gap analysis, and shows what you need to work on. Not trying to up sell it, and has its faults, but for the price point it will provide a lot of useful info. Obviously no spin or launch numbers, but spot on distances where they count, on the course.

No, that's good info. I have heard great things about it vs GG.

Perhaps I'll give it a shot as well at some point. I'm a sucker for anything cool. Lol

• Like 1

Good stuff, I was actually looking at the SC100 the other day. Thinking "do I really need this?" Then the SkyTrac ad popped up, and yes I really must have that thing for winter. Work has a giant heated, well lit garage that's perfect for setting up a net and this machine. Keep my practice up all winter. Instead of paying the college to use their sim, why not just buy my own. And if I ever build a dream house with the wife, the man cave will have a track man.

A lot of my golf ponders start with the question "do I really need this?" And the answer is almost always no....yet somehow all of these boxes keep showing up at my house with golf stuff haha

• Like 3

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

A lot of my golf ponders start with the question "do I really need this?" And the answer is almost always no....yet somehow all of these boxes keep showing up at my house with golf stuff haha

Oh..do I know that scenario.  Not only with golf clubs but with chocolate chip cookies and banana pudding flavored ice cream.  :D

I have the Voice Caddie SC100. A couple of notes on this: First, the lofts on the clubs are preset and cannot be changed.  I believe it would make your numbers a little off if your set does not match the preset lofts.  On the new SC200 you can customize the lofts, which is a good improvement.

Second, my first two of these were duds and I had to exchange them...that being said, Voice Caddie had good customer service and took care of it.  Just a little annoying I had to get to the third one to finally get one that worked properly.

Overall I think it is not a bad launch monitor if you just want the basics.  It also has some fun games, like a practice mode that randomly selects different distances to try and hit.

• Like 1

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I have the Voice Caddie SC100. A couple of notes on this: First, the lofts on the clubs are preset and cannot be changed. I believe it would make your numbers a little off if your set does not match the preset lofts. On the new SC200 you can customize the lofts, which is a good improvement.

Second, my first two of these were duds and I had to exchange them...that being said, Voice Caddie had good customer service and took care of it. Just a little annoying I had to get to the third one to finally get one that worked properly.

Overall I think it is not a bad launch monitor if you just want the basics. It also has some fun games, like a practice mode that randomly selects different distances to try and hit.

Thanks for the info. Good to know their CS stood behind the product.