TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Testing of G, Epic, M2

Eazy37

Looks like from the picture you were catching that M2 on the toe a little. My 915 will go like stink when I hit it on the toe. The Homna G1-X I am gaming now will go like a scalded dog where ever I hit it on the face. If I happen to hit it in the "screws" it is a bomber. Actually the 915 goes better when I hit it on the toe some

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Same shaft and loft for each one? Just curious.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Looks like you're getting better spin numbers from the M2.  Using the same ball for each test?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

That's some serious swing speed and distance, I wish I could hit'em like you even if I was hitting it on the toe

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Good for you

Meaningless for me. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yes they were all with the same ball, all with just a stock stiff shaft (i usually hit an X) except the Ping it was an X because that is my gamer. But I tried to just make a good swing on all of them. But I tend to hit to anything off the toe. LOL

Epic Sub Zero X

Epic 3 wood X

Titleist 19 and 21 degree hybrids

PXG 0311 5-W

Vokey 48, 54, 60

TItleist 6m Futura

Titleist Prov 1x

What device (LM) did you use to record the data? Was it indoor or outdoor?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Which one did you end up going with and why?

What device (LM) did you use to record the data? Was it indoor or outdoor?

Brand new Trackman equipment. We were indoors butting out the door to the outdoor range. 

Epic Sub Zero X

Epic 3 wood X

PXG 0311 5-W

Vokey 48, 54, 60

TItleist 6m Futura

Titleist Prov 1x

Which one did you end up going with and why?

At the time I decided to stay with the Ping because no one gets demo in an X. I now have gone to the EPIC with the X shaft because the spin is considerably less, and for sure longer when going about 115 mph. 

Epic Sub Zero X

Epic 3 wood X

PXG 0311 5-W

Vokey 48, 54, 60

TItleist 6m Futura

Titleist Prov 1x

At the time I decided to stay with the Ping because no one gets demo in an X. I now have gone to the EPIC with the X shaft because the spin is considerably less, and for sure longer when going about 115 mph.

Did you get to try the M2 in an X? Your spin numbers with it were already the lowest.

Looks like you're getting better spin numbers from the M2.  Using the same ball for each test?

That's because with the M2, he has the steepest angle of attack. 

Pretty steep angle of attack with all anyway - and pretty average smash factor too. Meaning, it could be a lot better. The left and right dispersion is also pretty bad.

The numbers suggest you are swinging too hard and not getting enough consistency in your strikes. The best fit for consistency seems to be the Ping, but the pics show ball marks all over the face (maybe not you?).

I would work on your set up which seems to be causing the steep angle of attack and dial down the swing and transition a bit (a heavier shaft helps) and your stats would improve greatly. Get your AoA some like 0 to +1 degrees and you will be hitting bombs with a 109 mph swing and 1.48 smash. 

This highlights the importance of a correct fitting for length and weight as well as shaft profile - the hapless randomness of these shaft and head combinations isn't really doing you any favours.

Pretty steep angle of attack with all anyway - and pretty average smash factor too. Meaning, it could be a lot better. The left and right dispersion is also pretty bad.

The numbers suggest you are swinging too hard and not getting enough consistency in your strikes. The best fit for consistency seems to be the Ping, but the pics show ball marks all over the face (maybe not you?).

I would work on your set up which seems to be causing the steep angle of attack and dial down the swing and transition a bit (a heavier shaft helps) and your stats would improve greatly. Get your AoA some like 0 to +1 degrees and you will be hitting bombs with a 109 mph swing and 1.48 smash. 

This highlights the importance of a correct fitting for length and weight as well as shaft profile - the hapless randomness of these shaft and head combinations isn't really doing you any favours.

Its nice having a fitter around here who knows what he's looking at. Nice break down J.

Always helpful to understand the other numbers outside of swing speed, spin, and distance

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Yes guys this attack angle thing is a crutch in my side! I played alot of baseball which makes this seem like a logical thing BUT I golf righty and bat lefty. So it has been a hard problem to fix for some reason. I tried last year really hard to fix the attach angle and it killed my back and I was down for a while. 

But yes at a slower speed and better smash it is very good but sometimes my brain cannot relay this. 

I have slowed considerably as two years ago I was getting up to 127. 

Thanks for the input I enjoyed doing the little test. 

E

Epic Sub Zero X

Epic 3 wood X

PXG 0311 5-W

Vokey 48, 54, 60

TItleist 6m Futura

Titleist Prov 1x

• 2 weeks later...

Archived