Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Playing EVERY Ranked Course

Welcome and enjoy the journey!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome to the forum!

I want an invite when you decide to take a loop around Ballyneal.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Welcome!

So, what have you scratched off the list so far?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Welcome!

So, what have you scratched off the list so far?

MDGolfHacker

Here are the 20 I've played off the Golf Digest Top 200 list! I am also trying to play every ranked course in each state which I have far more ~

http://www.thescratchlist.com/golf-digest-top-200.html

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Here are the 20 I've played off the Golf Digest Top 200 list! I am also trying to play every ranked course in each state which I have far more ~

http://www.thescratchlist.com/golf-digest-top-200.html

Nice!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Welcome and great goal. I had a seminary classmate who had played 70 of the top 100 on the Golf Digest list before Alzheimer's slowed him down about 10 years ago. His list was impressive including Augusta National and the entire British Open Rota

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome and great goal. I had a seminary classmate who had played 70 of the top 100 on the Golf Digest list before Alzheimer's slowed him down about 10 years ago. His list was impressive including Augusta National and the entire British Open Rota

Thanks! Very impressive! I feel like some of the good ones I have that are not in the top 100 but ranked top in their state are just as hard to crack! The highest ranked one I have is Oakmont! Hoping to get more in the Top 10 this year!

Sure sounds like a load of fun to me. If I had more time I'd join you.

Questions: I assume you're attempting to play as many courses as you can get on; as a great many are private. That is unless you have friends at each one. Also, do you have sponsorship for this endeavor or did you win a lottery? What's your time frame?

I'd like to see you stay active in the Forum and post comments and pics from every course.

Good luck.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Taking a look at your list, it doesn't appear you've hit too many private courses, which is obviously the major hurdle to any sort of en devour like this one.

I would think the best way to do this would be to find the most expensive/exclusive course in your area that has reciprocal play at other clubs in that vein of price, and then be prepared to pay guest fees. Of course, that could end up costing you several thousands of dollars since it would probably take a few years.

Anybody know any other ways to play some of these ultra exclusive venues? Asking nicely usually doesn't work... 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Suposdeiky very forgiving.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Cool list. I played several on it but still need to play many more. Played Pine Valley a couple weeks ago and will be playing Desert Forest next week. I'm a big course architecture nut so the round at Pine Valley was pretty much the pinnacle of my golf experiences. It is definitely deserving of its accolades.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Sure sounds like a load of fun to me. If I had more time I'd join you.

Questions: I assume you're attempting to play as many courses as you can get on; as a great many are private. That is unless you have friends at each one. Also, do you have sponsorship for this endeavor or did you win a lottery? What's your time frame?

I'd like to see you stay active in the Forum and post comments and pics from every course.

Good luck.

Thanks! I wish on the lottery! Although I play every week I never hit it for any life changing amount! I am attempting to play as many as I can get on them, ALL THE RANKED ONES... yes they are extremely hard to get on! Getting on the top 10 are really hard! It took me 3 years of knowing an Oakmont member to finally get invited! I don't have a time frame but ASAP as my blog followers are constantly demanding new content! I have no sponsors!

I will stay active in this forum as I see there are a good amount of members and would love to share this journey with all!

Taking a look at your list, it doesn't appear you've hit too many private courses, which is obviously the major hurdle to any sort of en devour like this one.

I would think the best way to do this would be to find the most expensive/exclusive course in your area that has reciprocal play at other clubs in that vein of price, and then be prepared to pay guest fees. Of course, that could end up costing you several thousands of dollars since it would probably take a few years.

Anybody know any other ways to play some of these ultra exclusive venues? Asking nicely usually doesn't work...

So when I first started this I was only going to play the golf digest top 100 clubs. The issue was they are a tough place to start! I am of the belief it's easier to play the top 200 then it is to play the top 100 from start to finish and even easier to set a goal of playing every top ranked course in each state. This is because there are opportunities at lower ranked courses to get invited to higher ranked golf courses. This is the route that got me on Oakmont and still took 3 years. I am using the same strategy with some of the other top 20 clubs on the list. Unfortunately it's a long process. I do hope to prove at the end it doesn't need to be impossible or expensive.

Unfortunately at this time I don't believe I have played enough clubs to be credible to start giving tips or advice. When I get more under my belt I will def share some of the strategies that have worked for me!

Also here is a link to the top clubs in each state I have played ~ http://www.thescratchlist.com/top-clubs-by-state.html

Take a look as you will find I have played many private clubs that just don't make the top 100. Many of them have provided leads that should start filling more of the top 100 private slots (hoping) as I continue to work on!

Stay tuned!

Cool list. I played several on it but still need to play many more. Played Pine Valley a couple weeks ago and will be playing Desert Forest next week. I'm a big course architecture nut so the round at Pine Valley was pretty much the pinnacle of my golf experiences. It is definitely deserving of its accolades.

I was in Scottsdale last year and hoping to play Desert Forest! It's one of the few old courses in Scottsdale and Red Lawrence is a legend in my book! Please post back and let us know what you thought!

Welcome aboard! Good luck. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Archived