Classic Style or Bright/Bold?

Shankster

Are you a classic style dresser or like to been seen from 3 holes away? I like a little of both, mostly classic looks but don't mind a little Flair, just not full hunting blaze orange or other neon colors.

Both are fine!! Which do you prefer?

These two just happen to be 2 of my favorite golfers.

This

Or

This

- Alan

• Like 2

Well a lot depends on one's age and body size. In other words as my wife says "being able to pull it off" Now me being a fat old guy I would look silly I would think In the Ricky outfit. A younger guy with his build heck yes. I tend to go neutral on slacks either dark blue or gray the same in shorts. I do tend to wear more conservtive shirts Most of my shirts are dark or neutral colors but I did have a few striped shirts which makes a big guy look bigger,  My old man was a sorta big guy not as big as me but he tended to dress in the Doug Sanders or Jimmy Demaret style but he could pull it off. Now on shoes I did tend to go more traditional but that changed. For a while I wore Converse Chucky Taylors for ankle support in fact that is part of my persona and legend here on the beach and on golf forums. I lost weight and got the ankle issues fixed. My friend who was our GM was a Nike Staffer and he gave me a nice pair of Nike shoes white with lime green> I dressed them up with lime green laces. My other pair is a solid white pair of dry Joys. I ended up putting in a set of pink laces I bought from a young lady selling them for Breast Cancer Research. I sorta caught it some until I started snarling back WHY I had them in my shoes. Hats I wear hats in the winter and visors in the summer. I have all kinds mostly gifts from my late friend Ralphie. He would buy visors where ever he went. When he passed his wife gave me 3 boxes full never worn. My wife did buy me a big floppy golf hat last year and I love it except when the wind blows.

• Like 5

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

I'm classic all the way and as Big Stu said, old folks tend to shy away from the bright and bold stuff. Wear what makes ya happy as you only go around once [emoji6]🏌️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 6 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Evnroll 
 ER2 Putter

I can't do orange pants, or loud pants, or heavily patterned pants so I'm more traditional in that respect.  I tend to wear standard grey, blue, brown and black golf slacks.  For shirts, I don't mind a few bright colors here or there.  See my avatar.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

Who makes brown golf shoes, besides Puma? I only wear bright colors to distract a certain person. You guessed it, my dads league partner Kevin. And by bright I mean Augusta Greenish.

• Like 6

I gravitate toward classic tops/bottoms but I'm comfortable branching out a bit with the accessories. For some reference I personally draw the line at flat brim caps.

• Like 4

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I gravitate toward classic tops/bottoms but I'm comfortable branching out a bit with the accessories. For some reference I personally draw the line at flat brim caps.

I haven't gotten into flat brims either...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

Social Media:

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

I'm with you on this one, I like a little bit of both. I tend to keep it classic, but sometimes I'll wear something with something that has a bold accent. I never go too crazy though and wear full neon.

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I don't usually wear a hat. I have to wear one for work every day.

Unless its super windy, the Sick Flow flys around too much anything over 10kts of wind..... [emoji23]

[emoji1375] Fresh! I like that look, just can't pull it off!

You and me both. I'd look like a pumpkin on the course, lol.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Social Media:

Someone gave me a flat brimmed hat one time and I did not know what it was seriously. I did my standard redneck thing broke it down and put the brim in the top of a Mason jar overnight. Any hat unless it has been treated redneck style is too flat for me same for visors

• Like 5

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

attachicon.gifIMG_5405.JPG usually get called Rickie everywhere I go

IMHO you pull that off fine. Me I would look like one of those barrels you see beside the highway in the construction zones

BTW  That hole looks exactly like #3 at Island Green Country Club here at the beach 

That course closed last year. Not that long but a fun little course to play It was one of the "locals escape courses" during the spring and fall tourist golf seasons

• Like 3

Here's my Flair. UK Ryder cup colors, yeah yeah I know. But they caught my eye and I wasn't thinking.

Plus my grandmother always told me I needed a pair of blue suede shoes.

- Alan

• Like 4

BTW BIG STU that was good of you to wear those pink laces! I might do that. My mom is a Survivor. Never thought of a way to rep, I'd rock pink laces for sure! Thank you!

• Like 4

I'm classic when it comes to attire. I just like the lookIMG_0048.PNG

• Like 3

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

If Greg Norman does not make it, Then I probably don't wear it......seems that I like the Greg Norman style of golf attire. My wife really likes it too as she likes how they come out of the washer and dryer.

That's me on the left.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.