Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Stitch Headcovers

numberonecoog

I wrote this post over on my blog as well. Im always ready for feedback! 

I think the thing that makes a bag look bad ass is the head covers. I always wanted a cool set of head covers. I asked my wife to make me some, I tried to make my own, and I had asked one of my wife's friends to do it. I could never get it done. About 5 months ago Stitch offered up a grab bag. I bought 6 leather head covers for 50 dollars. You didn't get to select what you got. You got what they gave you.

DSC_0026-300x201.jpg

Through some trading I managed to get a color combo I wanted. My initial thoughts on the head covers was how good they looked. The colors popped and looked great. The other thing that caught my attention was how solid they seemed. The seams were very thick as well. The next thing I wanted to check was how well they fit on the clubs. The driver fits perfectly. Its snug but not overly difficult to use on the course. Nothing is worse than the guy who sits on the tee box trying to put his head cover back on but can't figure it out. The 3 wood and Hybrid cover honestly fit a little loose for my liking. They stay on but it isn't nearly as snug as the driver one which I would prefer. Maybe if I played a bigger 3 wood and hybrid it would fit better but I don't. The most important part is the fact they don't fall off. I can deal with it being loose.

HEadcovers-no-clubs-300x201.jpg

Besides looking awesome the head cover functions as a means of protection. They protect the driver head from dings and scratches but they also protect the shaft from damage. A head cover that is too short doesn't protect the shaft and a head cover that is too long clogs up the bag and can look sloppy. These are perfect. They hit right at the top of the bag . No other clubs can hit the shaft and that's exactly what I wanted. They look good and they do their job perfectly.

Full-Bag-HC-300x201.jpg

After 5 months of them protecting my clubs I want to talk about how they have held up. Stitch uses leather for their head covers and they do not skimp on it. Sometimes with very cheap leather it has a plastic feel to it. These do not have that feeling. They haven't lost that soft feeling in the past months and they feel like they are just breaking in. It reminds me of a nice baseball glove. They have some small scrapes but it looks like worn in leather not damage. I honestly feel these will be with me for a long time. One thing is the fact they need to be cleaned .The problem is I have no idea how to clean them. I'll take suggestions if you got 'em I don't see any stitches that could pop. The stitches that could pop are all covered by some very thick piping. Sometimes you pay a little bit extra for something you know will last you forever. This is one of those situations.

HEadcovers-group-300x169.jpg

Essentially they look great, do their job perfectly, and have a good build. The quality is there. They are worth every penny. Especially if you get in on their grab bag deal. I don't normally advocate for spending money on something like this but I got to say this is an incredible product. If you are looking to give you bag a nice classic look with a quality product give the Stitch head covers a spin.

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Like the classic looks. Red looks nice, like Mike Tyson knock out. Wasn't a fan of the big brands take on these. I'm in the market for some custom stuff, and was thinking about trying it myself.

Thanks for sharing. Those look

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Those look nice and right up my alley being mis matched and all. I ended up with one with my course logo on it and Adams stock leather one on the 3 and 5 woods that look ok. The hybrid cover is also a Adams I got for free. I was at a local club store on this end of the beach. A Tourist Golfer bought a new Adams hybrid. Charlie at the counter told him here sir is your headcover for this. The guy said no thanks I have some custom ones and he left. Charlie threw it at me with a joke "That ought to fit that POS antique TM Rescue you have and besides it will give it some class." Hey never look a gift horse in the mouth. I would say you got a great deal

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think those Titleist ones look awesome.  Actually saw a stall at the Canton Fair (mainland China) last year selling similar ones.  Almost pulled the trigger, though I'm not a fan of the knockoff game, let alone displaying them on my bag knowing full well they are fake. Then again, based on the article about the fake Cameron's, maybe we shouldn't be so wary of the knockoff products?

Titleist 915D2 - Diamina D+ WB 70s

Titleist 915f - Diamina D+ WB 70s

Titleist 913h - Diamina D+ WB 80s

Mizuno MP-62 - S300

Titleist SM5 - 54/8 58/12

SC Laguna 1.5

They do look nice - what do they cost?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 9 months later...

(Resurrecting an old post here)

I absolutely love my Stitch 3 wood cover. But I lost one of my two hybrid covers during my second round with it, and my other hybrid cover falls off constantly. Be careful with them.

I did not get the phenomenal deal that OP did, but mine were closeouts on Amazon. Still a very good deal.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Stitch Alignment rod covers are awesome!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Stitch does a great job at quality and design. I'm curious about these as compared to some others like coobs or rose and fire

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Solid review. I've been all-in with stitch for a couple of years. 

I've been mixing in contender headcovers as well as the fruit loop knits. I actually just picked up an AP driver cover last week - expensive, but so sweet!

Their stuff is second to none in my opinion.  

Titleist 910D2 9.5 | PX HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow 75
Titleist 915F 16.5* | Aldila Rogue Black 80
Srixon Z U65 20* | Mitsubishi OT 105
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4 | Project X LZ 6.0
Mizuno MP-15 5-P | Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.10S | TT DG S200

Vokey SM7 58.12D | TT DG S200
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 350g

Archived