TESTERS WANTED! ×

Trackman Distance Analysis - Results!

I got the results of my distance analysis back today. It's so cool being able to look at all your shots and see what you actually dig and why things are doing what they do. I have much better understanding of my distances, why certain clubs perform and it gave me some insights into what I need to work on in my swing as well.

For one thing, i learned that I don't swing the club quite as fast as I thought but I hit the ball with a lot of force anyway.

Also, I have to say, the Haggin Oaks performance center is amazing! If I ever have the money to buy the set of my dreams, I'm getting fit there. They had a shelf of dozens of different heads and dozens of shafts with a special quick change hosel adapter so you could demo any club you could think of with any shaft combination. Didn't have time for that today but it looks awesome!

So, my driver was pretty much right where I thought it was, carry 267 total 287. My swing speed averaged 103.3 which was lower than I thought, always figured I was up around 110mph! I'm able to measure my drive pretty consistently. So the distance wasn't a shock.

The rest of my bag is fairly new to me and I was surprised at some of the results.

3 wood, 246 carry, 269 total. This was off the mat and definitely farther than I thought I was hitting it. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 1.59.24 PM.png

One thing that stood out was how much farther my 5 iron went compared to my 5 hybrid. I hit the 5i 218/236 and the 5h 210/219. The difference is, I hit the hybrid a lot higher and with 1700rpm more spin. Typically, I hit my hybrid on long par 3s because I know it goes higher and has less roll out so this makes sense.

My other real surprise was the amount of spin I put on my PW, 11298 on average (my high was over 12500)!

I also learned that I need to do a much better job of hitting inside out. Almost all of my swings had a serious, negative attack angle. the higher the loft, the worse it seems to be. 

Anyway, I had a blast and I highly recommend anyone who is serious about improving their game go in for a session!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Sounds like a great session with lots of good data

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Something doesn't seem right with the 5i numbers at 236 when you driver is going 287. I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I don't know what it is. How were the conditions set up on the trackman?

Keep in mind the tour average for a 5i is only a 194 carry.

Your smash factor numbers are extremely high btw. You must have been striping it. Nice work!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Yeah. I noticed those really great smash factors as we'll. Maybe due to a slower more controlled swing than you thought.

Nice session. Thanks for sharing the info.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Nice to see numbers on your equipment. Carolina Golfer 2 and I talked about this very thing earlier today about knowing what you hit each club.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Something doesn't seem right with the 5i numbers at 236 when you driver is going 287. I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I don't know what it is. How were the conditions set up on the trackman?

Keep in mind the tour average for a 5i is only a 194 carry.

Your smash factor numbers are extremely high btw. You must have been striping it. Nice work!

I think it has to do with my launch angle. With a high tee and forward ball placement, I hit the ball on my up swing with a 15* launch angle on drive and my launch angle on the 5i is only 13.5* also, more simple explanation? I just hit irons a lot better than my driver. Still working on figuring out my driver swing.

Edit: I had one rally bad shot in the drives that dragged my average down. Without it, my average distance is 294.3

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

I think it has to do with my launch angle. With a high tee and forward ball placement, I hit the ball on my up swing with a 15* launch angle on drive and my launch angle on the 5i is only 13.5* also, more simple explanation? I just hit irons a lot better than my driver. Still working on figuring out my driver swing.

Edit: I had one rally bad shot in the drives that dragged my average down. Without it, my average distance is 294.3

It still doesn't exactly match up. You are pretty much maxing out your driver distance per your SS.

I'm still curious as to the conditions your trackman was set up on.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

It still doesn't exactly match up. You are pretty much maxing out your driver distance per your SS.

I'm still curious as to the conditions your trackman was set up on.

Set up for hard ball, temperature and elevation were set to my local environment.

On the sheet it says: "Note: Data are normalized to no wind conditions at 30 ft altitude, 77 F with a Premium ball."

How many shots per club were entered for scoring?

Approximately 5 shots per club, a few more on some.

I got the results of my distance analysis back today. It's so cool being able to look at all your shots and see what you actually dig and why things are doing what they do. I have much better understanding of my distances, why certain clubs perform and it gave me some insights into what I need to work on in my swing as well.

For one thing, i learned that I don't swing the club quite as fast as I thought but I hit the ball with a lot of force anyway.

Also, I have to say, the Haggin Oaks performance center is amazing! If I ever have the money to buy the set of my dreams, I'm getting fit there. They had a shelf of dozens of different heads and dozens of shafts with a special quick change hosel adapter so you could demo any club you could think of with any shaft combination. Didn't have time for that today but it looks awesome!

So, my driver was pretty much right where I thought it was, carry 267 total 287. My swing speed averaged 103.3 which was lower than I thought, always figured I was up around 110mph! I'm able to measure my drive pretty consistently. So the distance wasn't a shock.

The rest of my bag is fairly new to me and I was surprised at some of the results.

3 wood, 246 carry, 269 total. This was off the mat and definitely farther than I thought I was hitting it.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-04-22 at 1.59.24 PM.png

One thing that stood out was how much farther my 5 iron went compared to my 5 hybrid. I hit the 5i 218/236 and the 5h 210/219. The difference is, I hit the hybrid a lot higher and with 1700rpm more spin. Typically, I hit my hybrid on long par 3s because I know it goes higher and has less roll out so this makes sense.

My other real surprise was the amount of spin I put on my PW, 11298 on average (my high was over 12500)!

I also learned that I need to do a much better job of hitting inside out. Almost all of my swings had a serious, negative attack angle. the higher the loft, the worse it seems to be.

Anyway, I had a blast and I highly recommend anyone who is serious about improving their game go in for a session!

That's awesome! I want to get this done someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome! I want to get this done someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://mytrackman.com/public/locator Best of luck! Totally worth it!

Archived